It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After a wild week on the markets this previous week, what do people expect this week?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So have having ups and downs in the market this previous week, from August 8 - 12, what does everyone expect for the markets to happen from August 15th to 19th?

After seeing the past little while I am unsure what the markets will do , I will just say it is very turbulent.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I guess a sideways trend until people figure out what's going to be done about this debt crisis. There may be more whip saw but we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer?
We can focus on the day to day gurgling of a financial system suffocating in it's own vomit or we can focus on what we can do when it dies.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The PIIGS will cause more euro havoc and it will slide downward. France will go through even more turmoil about its credit rating. Moody will follow suit with standards and poor on American credit rating and reduce it. A overall weekly decline of 200 is my guess. Lots of volatile in between with roller coaster ups and downs.

Gold is going to continue upward and finish out at 2k by september end, silver will take an even more dramastic increase. Food prices will continue to move upwards slightly.

The debt can never be repaid. There can only be organized collapse where the elites will buy liquidated assets for pennies on the dollar afterwards and put us in the streets, unless you have something real (not paper). Many countries are dash buying gold for stability. I recon China will start to fail soon and blame America as usual, they are already doing that with Russia but their books are incorrect, it has to come out soon enough.

I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Stocks across Asia are rallying up so far this morning and the world is all peachy suddenly. At this rate we’ll have to close down the global meltdown forum and replace it with the global boom and prosperity forum! There’s gold in them thar hills!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm still expecting a crash. And preparing for it, as usaual. Nothing new and no doom and gloom. If it happens, no big deal in my world, but if it doesn't, I'll continue on.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
So have having ups and downs in the market this previous week, from August 8 - 12, what does everyone expect for the markets to happen from August 15th to 19th?

After seeing the past little while I am unsure what the markets will do , I will just say it is very turbulent.

Well since it is freaking school time upon us again this will inflate the Goddamn economy because we are at the mercy of the damn schools with the twenty thousand or so freaking supplies the kids gotta have these days, so well, this will force us to pump money we don't have into this suck A economy unfortunately.

I am thinking of pulling my other two kids out of public school and home schooling because I simply can't afford a brand new wardrobe and thousand of supplies half of which they never end up using anyway!

edit on 14-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
What do people expect this week?

Bankers dangling from lampposts, trophy wives burned alive by cheering crowds, smashed windows litter Fifth Avenue as smoke rises from burning storefronts...racial gangs and survivalists begin to battle it out in the first of the scruffy little anarchic turf-battles that will become a defining characteristic of America's unraveling...grim-faced DHS shocktrooops handing out food rations off the back of riot-control vehicles...

Just kidding.

Well, only sort of.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I see a bounce up this week but in October the Dow down to 8,000.
once again, we remain hostage to the childish behavior of our congress and senate. We will see more drama being enacted between now and November and then a possible downgrade not just from S&P, but this time from Moody’s and Fitch as well. Who will the mainstream media blame then?

That is why, despite the risks of very high volatility, I still prefer to invest overseas in select stock and select countries to ensure that I am buying value rather than far-fetched dreams on Wall Street.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I had a friend tell me that this weeks news would be dominated by a hip hop singing parrot.

I have my DVR set

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well it seems it's being propped up for now. The EU essentially had what would be called a quantitative easing so I am sure they can expect inflation. I think this week may be a quiet one. Now's not the time for QE3, at least not until they can make some more money and nationalize more banks.

If you do some researching you learn these top 1 and 2% of the worlds wealthiest are not idiots. This is being engineered but they also have unexpected events but they never let a bad situation go to waste. I'm not sure about the markets this week, or two weeks from now, or even two months. But when, not if, QE3 comes into play, you can expect a problem-reaction-solution event to play soon thereafter, i.e. world reserve system, currency... the foothills of a global world government.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Monday will have gains. Tuesday losses. and so on, alternating. until at some point We get some bad news, then crash for multiple days

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think the stock market is going down for several more months.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Now is the time to buy gold. With China bolstering the Euro past pre cilval war days, the DOW is surely to rise - at least for the sixth quarter earnings. Having said this, now is the time to sell gold.

To sum it up: This week we will learn differing "facts" and read various projection tools alerting us to the state of our economy. 50 percent of media will be optimistic about the economy and 50 percent wont. Heres an example:

Conservative Media - Pessimistic about economy

Liberal Media - Optimistic about Economy.

Two things are certain though -

1) Nothing important to what matters in life will change
2) Grow your own gold

new topics

top topics

join