It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Man, Where Did You Get That Soul?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am one who does not believe in reincarnation. I'm not saying that there is no evidence of this mystery, but I for one do not subscribe to the idea that somebody was another person in another life. I have read many accounts and heard stories, but I personally believe that these conclusions are misinterpreted or unforgotten dreams. In a sense the brain makes a comprehensive and detailed memory stew. Mmmmmstew.

I am not challenging or declaring that I am right, but what I would like to know is: If you believe the soul drifts from body to body as energy that can not be destroyed, then how do you explain the rise in souls with the rise of the population.

Are souls manufactured? Are souls being spread thin to meet the quota?

Have a nice Sunday. Rain here, hope your day was better.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think I understand what you're saying but what if some souls don't want to be reincarnated as people? Some want animals or simply don't want to come back. I'm trying to make sense of the "quota".

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
I think I understand what you're saying but what if some souls don't want to be reincarnated as people? Some want animals or simply don't want to come back. I'm trying to make sense of the "quota".

Interesting response. Maybe if this reincarnation is real, then we have some choice to make at the end.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
here is the problem i have with reincarnation. I do believe it possible that certain souls reincarnate the problem is the size of the population 5000 years ago till now if we are recycling souls where are all the new souls coming from?
(not here) so perhaps we are the aliens we are looking for ?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Another theory of mine is what if souls go to another dimension? It's exactly like ours. Hell, probably there is someone exactly like you (looks, personality, thought pattern) but through the soul, it's someone else. I think I might have just confused myself but that's just an idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

i believe the animal kingdom is on a tier right below the human level , and above humans we do not know what however it would seem that Humans "souls" are more matured than simpler organisms "souls" because humans have to work out a a greater depth of understanding and must work out a lot more in their lives.

I also believe that at the end of a life cycle, the soul's next destination is determined by if the soul has enough "xp" so to speak, to "level-up". if your soul or spirit is still caught up on issues from Life, or didn't figure out what it was supposed to, perhaps you must live a human life again. OR if you really messed up and were an evil person, committed atrocities and such, your spirit will endure all of the pain you caused others, and THEN you will relive life as a rat or some vermin with a crappy life.

hope my perspective makes sense, s & f

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I'm trying to make sense of the "quota".

In 1776 there was an estimated world population of 800 million people.

So that's 800 million souls.

Mid-year 2010 we are at 6,852,472,823 (close to 7 Billion)

Were more souls created to accommodate a bigger population? Or were existing souls skimmed/chopped/cut/slivered to assemble more souls. Lessening the value of the original soul.

Or in layman's terms: Taking a gallon of milk, and making it into quarts so that 4 individuals can be served.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlipFormat

very interesting theory on the "xp" factor and that if said human didn't figure it out, they try again, evil ones are banished. I like where this thread is going!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Thanks, it's been raining here all day as well...

Somehow I didn't take you for the esotheric type

I do believe in reincarnation (sometimes, still working on that) but I believe you are to much fixated on it being a process confined by time.

Why can't I reincarnate into an arena maintanance-man during the rain of Julius Caesar or a Austrian goat herder in the 12th century?

Peace
edit on 14-8-2011 by operation mindcrime because: sloppy

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
here is the problem i have with reincarnation. I do believe it possible that certain souls reincarnate the problem is the size of the population 5000 years ago till now if we are recycling souls where are all the new souls coming from?
(not here) so perhaps we are the aliens we are looking for ?

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Another theory of mine is what if souls go to another dimension? It's exactly like ours. Hell, probably there is someone exactly like you (looks, personality, thought pattern) but through the soul, it's someone else. I think I might have just confused myself but that's just an idea.

The soul is inter-dimensional. I think that is like astral projection, but maybe I am wrong.
Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Were more souls created to accommodate a bigger population? Or were existing souls skimmed/chopped/cut/slivered to assemble more souls. Lessening the value of the original soul.

Now you got me thinking!

Perhaps they were chopped up. But maybe even through this vast universe and such, souls live on another planet? Another dimension? The only reason I keep enforcing that though is because I think it's a little selfish to think we're the only living beings out there. Even though we strive for proof and rarely have any. Perhaps souls are relaxing on a Mardi Gras-esque planet where they can all enjoy the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Now you got me thinking!

Perhaps they were chopped up. But maybe even through this vast universe and such, souls live on another planet? Another dimension? The only reason I keep enforcing that though is because I think it's a little selfish to think we're the only living beings out there. Even though we strive for proof and rarely have any. Perhaps souls are relaxing on a Mardi Gras-esque planet where they can all enjoy the afterlife.

I like the way you think, and could hardly agree more.

Of course I believe we are not the only ones in this vast beautiful mosaic of rocks and fire, so whats to say the soul does not go on to other worlds. Even as suggested earlier.. dimensions even.

Thanks for all the input.

It's just one of those moments today, where I asked myself a question, and today it was where the heck are all the souls coming from?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Somehow I didn't take you for the esotheric type

Me neither, Maybe it's the weather.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Why can't I reincarnate into an arena maintanance-man during the rain of Julius Caesar or a Austrian goat herder in the 12th century?

But then wouldn't you still see the past the way it has always been? You would still be apart of the fall of Rome, etc. Not saying that's bad but then what about the goat herders soul? You took his physical form.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I really wished I would have written all these down, when she said them....however
My daughter would talk about things she couldn't have known, about ships. She would say, do you remember being on that ship. Or I was on the ship and the water was coming in. There was sooo much more, I just don't remember them. She was 2-4 when this happened. She was also immensely afraid of water. She also said she was a boy, and would be adamant about that.
Fast forward a few years she doesn't speak of it, and seems to have no more memories. She all of a sudden LOVES the water now, and she is the girliest of girls!
I don't know about reincarnation, but it sure got me wondering!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am an expert on nothing so I feel that I qualify to answer you!
The problem with reincarnation is the memory.
We at large don't believe or doubt because our initial tool to verify the reincarnation is the memory...but ...there is a thing here...the memory in our brain body we have is not eternal and had come to rejuvenate in our birth. The soul is prior to the birth so when the soul enter a new body the memory is also new....the memory of the collective can sometime come to light. Then some people remember past life.
Now how do you get nearly 8 billion soul now as we where only one billion in the beginning of the century?
You certainly know about evolution, then, evolution is also a manifest of the spiritual.
The souls that are incarnated now are from the tree of life....the scale of life will never end.
Can you make the connection with pets and any animals that lives close to us?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm starting to believe that I'm leaning towards astral projection with they way I'm trying to make sense of this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Your contribution is very important .
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
**The following post is my opinion and cannot be taken as fact.**

I believe we go through many lives. I also believe that there are new souls being "born" or "sparked" all the time when a planet gets to a certain size of sentient beings. So, when you see one acting extremely immature, and their eyes are blank (good test for children with the eyes) then you can tell that they are an immature soul (although this is not always the case). On the other side, at times you can tell that a child is trying to figure you out, and you can tell that this child has an older soul. Those who seem to be "wise beyond their years," are a good example of an older soul. Perhaps those who are young in years, but act as if they are a generation or two in the past, is another example.

These lives are lessons to be learned. If you don't learn the lessons that you were meant to learn, you get to repeat some of the same situations where you were lacking the proper choices. Other times the lessons are learned and they graduate to the next lesson until they can amass enough XP (thanks for the idea) and growth on a spiritual scale.
Think of the soul as the aura (electromagnetic manifestation of the spiritual self overshadowing the physical self). Some have a small aura, others have auras that fill rooms; an indication of spiritual/soul growth.
I hope this makes sense.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Skada because: clairification

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join