It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Man, Where Did You Get That Soul?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The simplest answer to that question is that there are less animals on the planet as there used to be, so a lot of animal souls are becoming human ones.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I am one who does not believe in reincarnation. I'm not saying that there is no evidence of this mystery, but I for one do not subscribe to the idea that somebody was another person in another life. I have read many accounts and heard stories, but I personally believe that these conclusions are misinterpreted or unforgotten dreams. In a sense the brain makes a comprehensive and detailed memory stew. Mmmmmstew.

I am not challenging or declaring that I am right, but what I would like to know is: If you believe the soul drifts from body to body as energy that can not be destroyed, then how do you explain the rise in souls with the rise of the population.

Are souls manufactured? Are souls being spread thin to meet the quota?

Have a nice Sunday. Rain here, hope your day was better.

To answer your question where are the added souls coming from?

That could be answered with the death of things. A star dies releases a crap ton of energy. Maybe some of that energy powers a new body! Maybe a planet dies and millions of species go extinct those souls power new bodies. Maybe the energy locked inside of a pile of fire wood thats on fire. Gets to power a new body.

Since about anything and everything has energy within the possibilites are endless as to where these new souls are coming from. But know this. They are not new they are just recycled!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

What I have come to believe is that the soul is who we are, the heart is what we are and the spirit is how we are our bodies is where we are. When our bodies kick the bucket the spirit is recycled in order to preserve the life of flesh, our heart is passed on to our childrens childrens children etc. (hence the verse in the Bible saying how "the father has eaten a sour grape and the childrens teeth are set on edge"), if we have no children and our family line dies off then so does our heart (what we are), our soul on the other hand does not reincarnate it simply passes over to another state/plane of existence. What that state is I dont know, maybe heaven maybe hell, maybe limbo, but no I dont believe that who we are reincarnates as flesh in this dimension only our "sins" and our "virtues" get passed on to our descendants (perhaps contributes to why inbred elite families are so psycho, too many bad traits/programming being recycled over and over again).
I personally hope that the next state is one we can create ourselves, like I would love to spend an afterlife climbing mountains, exploring wild places, sleeping under a starry sky..... Sigh, bring on an eternity of man vs wild I say!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Ask James brown he's got all the soul

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have pondered this mystery a lot.

I have concluded, for myself, that there is only one spirit that is love that resides within us all. Death is the death of the body and the immersion in the spirit that we all share. I believe this holy spirit is intelligent. The identity is carnal and the spirit is eternal. The spirit does keep a record of identities though and all identities belong to the spirit. From the perspective of spirit, we are all one. We all act as filters for the love that we are. We are all one in spirit.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
I'm trying to make sense of the "quota".

In 1776 there was an estimated world population of 800 million people.

So that's 800 million souls.

Mid-year 2010 we are at 6,852,472,823 (close to 7 Billion)

Were more souls created to accommodate a bigger population? Or were existing souls skimmed/chopped/cut/slivered to assemble more souls. Lessening the value of the original soul.

Or in layman's terms: Taking a gallon of milk, and making it into quarts so that 4 individuals can be served.

In a way you are correct as all souls are actually the fracturing of the source, the place or being we all came from so yes, in essence there are just more sliced and diced parts of the whole we all came from. Say God being the ultimate soul we are just shards of his/her/its whole being experiencing life to understand itself. That's what I beleive anyway. So with reincarnation yes technically God keeps reinarnating into many beings. Experiencing all aspects of physical life. And that's what beleive.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Could it be that our “souls” are manifestations of our bodies?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nice post. Maybe we are all one soul. Maybe we are all different manifestations of god. If there happens to be a god then he is creator of all in the universe and conciousness is transferrable amongst living beings anywhere. Also maybe that is why some people think the same things sometimes. Or knew someone was gonna call because there is come connection between souls. If souls are transferable between different galaxies then there may be more souls than we could imagine. With the birth and deaths of so many galaxies all over the universe there could be almost endless souls waiting to be reborn. But what do i know..nice post tho

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by kacou

Yes, I agree we could have a very good calm and insightful conversation about this. But I don't think we are really in disagreement, I now only wonder why you still use these words. If my soul is your soul, as in there is only one 'soul', then at the same time there is no 'soul'. There is only what is, the absolute and indescribable. And so why try to give this a label when it cannot be labeled definitively? Plus, most people do not think of this when they speak of the 'soul', rather they are speaking of a belief in an individual eternal egoic entity, so aren't you only confusing the discussion by attributing what you are saying with the same term that they are using to describe what you are not saying? Or do you seek to redefine this word?

Peace.

Yes, there is only one single thing. In retrospect when I lie down on the lawn and I look at the cloud in the sky, my heart is bliss with knowing that we are all this and in this the feeling of serenity is fulfill for that instant moment.
As I said many time, I do not pretend any enlightenment or awaken stuff…I just realize now that things are the way there are because there couldn’t have been different.
My ego like to label things up, confuse the meaning of words, redefined all there is to suit a single illusionary perspective. This is the main thing when you realize that your soul is undividable and full, and yet the only media of being it’s got is through our body which is in fact the residence of the ego.
I will leave this answer with this quote which really says it all:
“Know that a journey that never goes beyond words, ideas, thoughts or concepts is not a journey to awakening.”

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thread title is the best song title I've heard in a while and I hope you don't mind me using it

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to previous lives either. I've thought a lot about it but in the end I couldn't come up with anything which would somehow explain how a soul is reconnected to a physical body. Even if there was some big machine or mechanism involved in attaching a soul or putting it in the right place somehow. Sure I might simply not be intelligent enough yet to understand but I've tried and reached the conclusion rebirth or reincarnation was either a kind of possesion or delusion like hypnotism, the motivation being someone might become convinced of certain beliefs. I mean, if I wanted to take power over a group of people it could be impressive if I stated I was someone they knew from the past. If I made someone believe he or she had been someone it might give certain benefits in spiritual advancement, more confidence perhaps.

So right now I'm going with the theory a nonphysical psyche is created by the physical body, the psyche creates it's nonphysical surroundings which is called the soul, like a house is to the physical body (which is actually an old metaphor, in these times many souls are (re)shaping to become more like spaceships and -stations, quite exciting actually). In other words it's all in the mind or in the head but it's important nonetheless as it defines one's own space. Each human should have one but not all, some get one because of religious parents who only need to mention it once and the psyche creates it wether or not the child is aware of it. Some get it by actively studying the concept of a soul. Lots of people do not have a soul, everyone can have one (it doesn't cost anything, little education required) but either don't believe in it or simply have never been told and pursue work, family etc the mundane things. They are like birds who never leave the nest they are born in, never stretch their wings to fly around and make their own nest, or they fly but mistake the original nest not understanding they need to built their own.

So the psyche lives in the soul as a person in a house. People without a soul usually take up residence in other people's soul, if the soul was a physical place like a house with a garden. Those who let others take up residence or allow them to connect are usually rewarded in society, they are individuals who are immediately liked and have large social networks or get high paid jobs without anyone realizing they might not be the best qualified.

People without any soul are not quite homeless, there is always something surrounding the psyche. It's kind of a shared place, the major drawback is those people usually have very little control over their inner life or emotional state. Someone with a soul might be shielded against other people's expectations, meaning they can ignore a lot of things which other people are compelled to act on their expected behaviour. Sort of like action-reaction, losing a job might upset someone without a soul to the point one might commit suicide while someone who has a soul might just shrug and start planning to go do something else, it's a big world with lots of oppertunities. Overall people who are aware of their soul are more positive while those without are more negative.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Thread title is the best song title I've heard in a while and I hope you don't mind me using it

Go for it. Credit would be nice though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I am one who does not believe in reincarnation. I'm not saying that there is no evidence of this mystery, but I for one do not subscribe to the idea that somebody was another person in another life. I have read many accounts and heard stories, but I personally believe that these conclusions are misinterpreted or unforgotten dreams. In a sense the brain makes a comprehensive and detailed memory stew. Mmmmmstew.

I am not challenging or declaring that I am right, but what I would like to know is: If you believe the soul drifts from body to body as energy that can not be destroyed, then how do you explain the rise in souls with the rise of the population.

Are souls manufactured? Are souls being spread thin to meet the quota?

Have a nice Sunday. Rain here, hope your day was better.

Well as the population has passed 6 billion, notice how we have far fewer animals now and many species are on the bring of extinction.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In 1776 there was an estimated world population of 800 million people.

So that's 800 million souls.

Mid-year 2010 we are at 6,852,472,823 (close to 7 Billion)

Were more souls created to accommodate a bigger population? Or were existing souls skimmed/chopped/cut/slivered to assemble more souls. Lessening the value of the original soul.

You might be on to something here clucker, because there sure as hell are an
awful lot of ass-souls around these days.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
When the body dies it loses weight as the soul goes on...

Somebody said it's just gasses escaping.

What if you took a conjoined twin....weigh them...then when 1 dies....if there is a weight loss...can't be from "gasses escaping". The other one is still alive, controlling the body.

Some scientists needs to do a study on that.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

This loss of weight is inconsistent with the esoteric literature and also quantum physique.
If a soul exist then it surely exist in the realm of another dimension, enter acting with our dimension but never the less made from attribute of a higher dimension.
So when the person die, you couldn't actually weight the soul as the soul would have a mass that is not measurable with 3 dimensional tools.
Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You understand that not everybody is reincarnated. You do understand too that many people appear to be stupid on the outside, but are very bright. Why? Take a thoughtful look around what we are exposed to.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahuti

Thank you for sharing this.

Now everything makes sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The following statements represent the beliefs of Glass, and therefore should be taken with a healthy dose of salt.

First, I will attempt to describe what is a soul.

All souls originate from "God", i.e. the combined spiritual energy of the universe. This is a "spiritual truth", one that even isolated individuals can come to realise. It isn't a scientific truth, as we do not have any instruments that can detect or measure the soul, but I believe it nonetheless.

Often when I imagine God I try to visualize the known universe, then superimpose a layer of luminous blue particle clouds representing spiritual energy. This spiritual energy is what I believe to be a universal medium that supports reality. It is essentially the "source code" that defines the physical laws. Spiritual energy flows freely between physical bodies, including stars and planets, humans and animals, plants and insects etc.

Individual souls are clouds of spiritual energy "tied" to a physical body. The soul is influenced by the flow of spiritual energy surrounding it; it can feed on this energy, or release energy into the current. The soul seeks to maintain its balance of energy. If the soul accumulates too much energy, it will seek to release it; likewise, hungry souls seek additional energy. The nature of the soul is moulded by the energy that passes through it. That is, the soul recieves an "imprint" when energy is given or recieved. The end result is a soul that contains a "story" of the life of the being it was tied to.

Souls are never truly seperate from God as they still exist within "him", but they are subdivided like individual cells in the body. Souls aren't created or destroyed so much as their energies are assembled and dispersed.

When a child is concieved, a portion of the mother and father's energies are combined to form the beginning of a soul. At this stage the child's soul is entangled with the soul of the mother, the mother's energies are flowing through the child's soul and back to the mother in a circuit. This allows the mother's soul to function as a conduit of spiritual energy feeding the child's soul. This is how a soul is formed.

When someone dies of natural causes, the soul remains but is no longer tied to the body. If the soul was at peace at the time of death, the seperation will be easy and the soul will quickly return to its source, God's Soul, which is the core of the spiritual field. God's Soul will recieve the smaller soul and be imprinted with the "data" in the soul's imprint. The soul will then either be disassembled, or be sent back whole to fulfill some purpose, whether that be the pursuit of knowledge, or in an attempt to save mankind from spiritual decay.

I suspect that most human souls contain at least one "veteran soul" that may have lived as an animal or another human.

God is the sum of all spiritual energy and everything the spiritual field encompasses. "He" is the Universe and its Soul. I'm unsure of whether or not the universe is infinite. If the universe is infinite, then there is an infinite spiritual field. If not, then the spiritual energy is finite but still very vast. I do not think we are in any danger of depleting this energy as our population swells.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's the way I see it.

A lot of people are transfixed on a literal "past life". (I.E. - "I was Cleopatra!") However - and please keep in mind, this is merely the way I see it - with what we are learning about the concepts of time, what's to stop our soul's "past life" being from a future time? Or from a distant planet? Or a star?

Those examples are merely from our own universe. If a soul is as transdimensional as it is described to be, then we have an astronomically high number of sources where a soul can come from. This planet, this universe, could merely be becoming a "meeting place" - a convergence of multiple paths where souls come together.

Think of this place and time like a diner that sells really awesome burgers that's along a busy highway. Business starts off slow, but as word gets out that the diner sells really really good burgers, more and more people go there. Until, eventually, the place fills up, and there's always a huge line-up for those really awesome burgers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join