It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Man, Where Did You Get That Soul?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

No that totally makes sense. I'm just still open to listening to every thought. But you're absolutely right. That's why perhaps, we just rot in the ground and life moves on. As humans, we want to find logic in every and any situation. Fear (of the unknown) is what drives us to these conclusions.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absco

Originally posted by kacou
According to certain sources the soul also has a memory bank but can only be revive when full realization is achieve.

I hope I'm not construing what you just said...Would that mean that deja vu is part of the souls past? The exact same thing happened to the soul in that moment, or similar and that's a moment when they soul's memory bank comes in to existence with ours?

I hope that makes sense and I didn't trail off topic.

You talk about the soul like it is a separate from you!
You are the soul eternal subliminal unchangeable, you just have to realize it.
Deja vu, something that we seen before...what about that soul do not reside in time line, no future or past just the eternal present...our ego has a glims of this Now and projected as a future event hence the deja vu concept.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Yes I understand what you are saying and respect it. But how do you know what you claim to feel is really eternal? You may say, you just do. But then by that logic you could also claim the universe is really just a particle inside of a piece of poop.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Or let me ask you this question: Do you believe that each person has an individual soul? And if so, how do you know?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I guess if the soul is energy then it can be split, Like electricity. Lets think of the soul as a power grid, as more homes are plugged into the grid, it becomes less powerful. Perhaps this is why there is such social and moral breakdown in society at the moment. Maybe we all have weaker souls.

ALS

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Yeah I think I might be contradicting what I'm saying but I do agree with you. The deja vu thing was just a passing thought. I really know nothing of the matter. (I should probably look into that before talking)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I know that with you I could get to a good debate...without fear or resentment.
I just have to write this .
When I refer to my soul I refer to your soul as to every single thing that exist...in my heart and in my guts the soul is everything as it is a continuation of the eternal cycle of existence .this knowledge (individual one for sure) has grown in me every day that life brings me oxygen to breath and fruits to feed.
What I know now has come from a life lived for love and understanding, I didn't know back then that i was love in action like all my brothers earthlings.

Bliss

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I guess if the soul is energy then it can be split, Like electricity. Lets think of the soul as a power grid, as more homes are plugged into the grid, it becomes less powerful. Perhaps this is why there is such social and moral breakdown in society at the moment. Maybe we all have weaker souls.

ALS

Your analogy is one I pondered earlier. Weak souls, thus the awakening of some sort? I dunno.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

So you're saying that there is no individual souls? We're all connected as one? I'm sorry if that's a wrong assumption.

Existence is what it is and what you make of the one you have?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

ALS

Your analogy is one I pondered earlier. Weak souls, thus the awakening of some sort? I dunno.

Wouldn't that mean that the people here at ATS and the people that see past the bullsh*t, are the awake (or strong, even old) souls? Everyone else that is a "sheep" is a weak soul or combo of them?
edit on 14-8-2011 by Absco because: like a boss

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Do not read about it...when the next deja vu experience comes to you then act in observation.
Be the detective of your deja vu. Analyze the merge of this thought in your mind, scrutinize your body as you undergo this observation. Notice your breathing, your heart bite and so on...it doesn't matter what is the theme of the deja vu...after all it is really just a thought...intriguing one but never the less just a thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Perhaps to have an "awakening" we need a mass "dumping" of souls, allowing for less but more powerful ones. Or maybe a new "power grid" would allow for an awakening (I.e; new dimension?).

ALS

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Wouldn't that mean that the people here at ATS and the people that see past the bullsh*t, are the awake (or strong, even old) souls? Everyone else that is a "sheep" is a weak soul?

Strong soul equals the ability to see truths.
Weak souls submit and are more obedient in a world of lies.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't think it's necessary to dwell on reincarnation since we are supposed to achieve true liberation in this lifetime and not stick around for subsequent lifetimes, it would be counter-productive to our spiritual evolution to dwell too much on the past or to wish for a better human life in the future. The true life is the godly life.

link   
reply to post by Absco

Wouldn't that mean that the people here at ATS and the people that see past the bullsh*t, are the awake (or strong, even old) souls? Everyone else that is a "sheep" is a weak soul or combo of them

Could be. Maybe as "old" souls we are more tuned to the world. Or maube its just that we've seen it all before.

ALS

link   
reply to post by kacou

I guess it can't be answered this easily but as a detective of the deja vu, what should i be questioning? Why is this happening? Why does it feel I'm doing this moment again? Am I predicting the future?

But i like that. It is simply, just a thought!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by kacou

So you're saying that there is no individual souls? We're all connected as one? I'm sorry if that's a wrong assumption.

Existence is what it is and what you make of the one you have?

Go to the country, take a rest on the grass, seating there look at a grass, one single piece of grass. Look at it for as long as you feel comfortable of looking at it. Only think about the grass, nothing eles should enter your mind...focus on the existence of this plant and if you are successful then you will understand what I mean about souls.
I am sorry that we all have an individual output of existence this is why it can only be understood by doing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Oh ok! No man, what you just said make perfect sense to me now! Sorry I think I'm a little slow when it comes to philosophical ideas but now I completely see what you're saying!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Yes, I agree we could have a very good calm and insightful conversation about this. But I don't think we are really in disagreement, I now only wonder why you still use these words. If my soul is your soul, as in there is only one 'soul', then at the same time there is no 'soul'. There is only what is, the absolute and indescribable. And so why try to give this a label when it cannot be labeled definitively? Plus, most people do not think of this when they speak of the 'soul', rather they are speaking of a belief in an individual eternal egoic entity, so aren't you only confusing the discussion by attributing what you are saying with the same term that they are using to describe what you are not saying? Or do you seek to redefine this word?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A guideline of metaphysics is to differentiate words with capital or lower case letters, so in other words Soul and soul. The capitalized letter is always referring to the Absolute, Truth, Eternity, and the lower case always referring to the ego attribute, soul as in individual body/ego/personality.

With this rule in place, you start to see how the capitalization of all words becomes one, so in other words there is no difference between the Soul and the Truth, but there is a difference between soul and truth, because an individual person is different from a factual statement of the truth.

This really solves the problem of knowing what someone is referring to, when they say soul, for instance, as opposed to Soul, if this rule is known, you don't need to clarify every time what you mean by Soul, if it is capitalized, it is the Absolute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join