It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interviews with the vampires from Poole- The researchers sent there were never seen again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I came across this video a couple of months ago and found it interesting. It was originally aired by the TV series, Unexplained Mysteries. Basically in a nut shell it describes the story of a group of psychology researchers who are sent to investigate the influence popular entertainment culture on individuals and groups. Their particular assignment involved interviewing a group of self proclaimed vampires. However, not all went to plan as the three people sent there, soon started behaving weirdly, and not long after, completely vanished. Im pretty sure the footage in the video is actors, but its all based on the real footage found from their own videos and transcripts.

I havent found anything to suggest these events didnt occur, so its up to you what you believe. Personally im intrigued.

Enjoy
edit on 14/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: corrected to unexplained mysteris...thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I made it to 6:48. Once the "vampires" started being filmed I couldn't handle it. Laughing way too hard with these horrible reenactments.

Okay, okay, this is actually getting interesting. Can't stop watching it now.

S+F
edit on 14-8-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I am aware of the horrible acting, but the video and transcripts are actual real....so if you can, try to look past the carppy act

The story and events are the important thing

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, I watched the beginning of the video, then tried to research some of the info. I can't locate any Banbury University or a Dr. Turley who would be associated with this school. I googled the Poole Vampire Society, but nothing turned up. I googled missing Banbury professors, nothing. Although there are quite a few ghostly happenings around Banbury Road. www.paranormaldatabase.com...

I just don't know what to think about this. The narrator for "Unexplained Mysteries" seems to be overdramatic.

I think it's interesting and suspicious that the research group was supposed to be conducting a study on how television affects people. How did they figure vampires into this?

Without further proof or information, I have to call hoax. Sorry, Op. I'll rethink my stance if more details are offered.

EDIT to Add: Get a load of this! The Banbury Guardian has an article about 'Vampire' flies. These suckers are evil and vicious. If these researchers existed, maybe these flies killed them. It would explain the camera found in the woods by the dog walker.

www.banburyguardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

This is not Unsolved Mysteries, no, that video you posted is from Unexplained Mysteries
huge difference

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They are channeling and doing past life regression.
They are a vampire cult with huge egos .
The mind game they play is real to them..they have killed the researchers

Came back after doing research...nothing found..
Is this a movie project some folks are doing ??

Hoax
edit on 14-8-2011 by granpabobby because: research

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Like member Afterthought, during watching the video i started to do a little fact checking,

searched for "poole vampire society" - no results
searched for Dr Turley Banbury University (the Head of Psychology who sent the alleged researchers to the alleged vampires. -- no results.

This plus obvious very bad acting - I call hoax.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ugh!!
I'm sorry but that was the lamest attempt at a 'documentary'. The acting was pitiful.
Whilst the story itself sounds intriguing , suffering through that video did not make me want to find out more.

'

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

ditto, i tried researching dr miles and banbury and vampires and all that jazz, nothing came up.

i got so far as the part where the narrator mentions a camera found by a dog walker and had to stop watching.. LOLOLOL.. "over-dramatic" hardly covers it. sounds like a drunk teenager doing hamlet.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I am aware of the horrible acting, but the video and transcripts are actual real....so if you can, try to look past the carppy act

The story and events are the important thing

Hi Oz,
How do you know the story & events ARE real?
Did you find further evidence, or are you taking the narrators word for it?
Can you post any other links you may have found?
Cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Very interesting so far. I wonder if any of these so called vampires are found in the states as well. If they would of had some sort protection with them before their disappearance then maybe they would not end up missing in the first place but I suppose people end up missing everyday at random times. $&F

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Like I said, I just presented it because it was interesting. I never claimed the footage was real or authentic. In fact most of those who know me know im almost a psuedo skeptic (check my post history). I actually managed to track down the guy that directed the film and I sent him off an email asking him what the deal with the footage was, and if he had any affiliation with the Unexplained Mysteries show. I also know for a fact, that the footage isnt real...which I claimed from the start, and if it was real footage im sure they would never put it on TV. Im leaning towards it being a hoax now, but either way, its an interesting story.

Hopefully I get a reply from this guy soon

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
man their acting is so terrible! absolutely awful, i mean i could do a better job, seriously. Plus the narrator at the beggining seems to think dogwalkers are evil sadists or something.

anyhow, having watch the video, you said it is based on original data, but i see no reference to where it says that. It claims this is the real footage. Yeah right.

I do like the idea though. Perhaps something like this could go on, im open minded to the ideas of both television and obsession making someone believe they are something they are not, and also i am still on the fence about the existance of actual vampires. Perhaps they do exist, who can say for certain.

as for this vid, sorry but i have to call total fake, with seriously bad acting and a hatred of dog walkers

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm still wondering what TV and its affects on people caused the group to explore the vampires.

This is what raised a red flag for me, which made me start researching.

Most universities won't give grant money to researchers for just any reason. If it is discovered that even a portion of the grant money wasn't used for the intended/stated research, it must be paid back.

link   
Ok, Ive managed to solve it...this is in fact a hoax.

Richard Duriez and Sharon Woodward are short film makers, and were actually the ones that posted the video online

Mischief Pictures was set up in Oxford by Richard Duriez and Sharon Woodward in 1997. It has made five drama productions;

"4play" (52 min); "The Devils Feast" (93min); "Waiting (5mins); "The Anniversary" (9mins),

"Interviews with the Vampires from Poole" (28 min) and "Mr Right" (15mins).

Unfortunantly in the description of the video, they forgot to mention that this story was a drama, and they used Unexplained Mysteries as a hook, to lead people into believing it was true.

This is their website www.mischiefpictures.co.uk...

So dont take it out on me, Im only the messenger

If the acting were actually good, and the writing a little better, it may have actually turned into a pretty good film

Im gonna get this moved to the hoax forum

link   
Film is a mockumentary made in 2002 - here is the DOPs CV

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarktower

as for this vid, sorry but i have to call total fake, with seriously bad acting and a hatred of dog walkers

Lol, have to agree...the enhancement on the words "dog walkers" was quite amusing

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Ok, Ive managed to solve it...this is in fact a hoax.

Richard Duriez and Sharon Woodward are short film makers, and were actually the ones that posted the video online

Mischief Pictures was set up in Oxford by Richard Duriez and Sharon Woodward in 1997. It has made five drama productions;

"4play" (52 min); "The Devils Feast" (93min); "Waiting (5mins); "The Anniversary" (9mins),

"Interviews with the Vampires from Poole" (28 min) and "Mr Right" (15mins).

Unfortunantly in the description of the video, they forgot to mention that this story was a drama, and they used Unexplained Mysteries as a hook, to lead people into believing it was true.

This is their website www.mischiefpictures.co.uk...

So dont take it out on me, Im only the messenger

If the acting were actually good, and the writing a little better, it may have actually turned into a pretty good film

Im gonna get this moved to the hoax forum

least we found out two things: its fake and these people cannot act. Plus they dont take kindly to dog walkers. Three things lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

least we found out two things: its fake and these people cannot act. Plus they dont take kindly to dog walkers. Three things lol

Mate, you have given me the biggest laugh of the night

I think its the first time Ive actually seen someone debunk their own thread too....yay me

Now accepting flags for me debunking my own thread

edit on 14/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Mate, you have given me the biggest laugh of the night

I think its the first time Ive actually seen someone debunk their own thread too....yay me

Now accepting flags for me debunking my own thread

edit on 14/8/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

you have gave me some laugh, i have been replaying the dog walker bit over and over. Sad i know but i just can't understand why the guy seems to have such fierce hatred for dog walkers!! glad i found this thread, flag for making my night

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join