It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams and Reality.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is a very interesting focus point in paranormal studies. The idea that someone can have a dream, that one day later comes true as they had dreamed in the past. A type of subconscious time-travel that dreams present. More interesting, is the fact that some of you will have had this specific type of dream, and others will have not.

This is the nature of precognitive dreams as they certainly occurs within the subjective realm of dreaming. This often reminds me of some of the more historical and famous precognitive dreams such as Abe Lincoln dreaming about the President of the United States being dead in a coffin only to die weeks later. Or Mark Twain's dream about his brother Henry who died in an accident on the Mississippi river. In Twain's dream, the detail was very specific down to the bouquet of flowers, the casket and the fact it was indeed his brother Henry.

Frequency studies suggest that many people have Déjà vu that they link back to familiarity which relates to something they had dreamed about days, weeks, months even years before the onset of déjà. Dr. Art Funkhouser and Dr. Micheal Schredl published a paper entitled, "The frequency of déjà vu (déjà rêve) and the effects of age, dream recall frequency and personality factors" which looks at the effects of age and other factors as to how they play into people who have experienced déjà vu which links back to something they dreamed about in the past.

[PDF]

Herein we find some good news for those who have the experience that science is indeed capable of looking into this phenomena.

What are your expeirences with precognitive dreams if any?
edit on 14-8-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have had some dreams of this type.
It is nothing major or something, but has often helped in making decisions, in my personal life or business.
Many times things have happened exactly as I have seen them.

Now this may not be same for everyone, but there is a downside as well.

A few times I saw in the dream that a particular thing was to happen, but I did not wish it to happen, so I attempted to change it in real life, I ended up changing the specifics of how it happened, but the major event happened nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is a subject that interests me a great deal, so thanks for posting!
I've had 2 precognitive dreams.
The subject matter not what you'd think....
Both dreams were about getting a flat tyre!
The 1st happened about 20 years ago. I was using a solarium ,which usually goes for about 30 mins. I awoke from dozing upon the machine switching off. I had been dreaming I had a flat tyre. I quickly got dressed, went out to my car, & yep, a flat tyre.
The 2nd time was about 15 years ago. By this time I had 2 kids & we were going out for the day. I had to swing by & pick up my mum, who was coming along. I ran inside her house to get her & looked outside in the driveway to check the kids. As soon as I saw the car, the memory of dreaming about getting a flat tyre washed through me. Mum came out just as this happened & I told her about it. No big deal, we got in the car & headed off. We were only 10km down the road when, yep, flat tyre!
Of all the bloody precog dreams to have!!! (Why couldn't it be the lotto numbers,Wahhhhh!!)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
I have had some dreams of this type.
It is nothing major or something, but has often helped in making decisions, in my personal life or business.
Many times things have happened exactly as I have seen them.

Now this may not be same for everyone, but there is a downside as well.

A few times I saw in the dream that a particular thing was to happen, but I did not wish it to happen, so I attempted to change it in real life, I ended up changing the specifics of how it happened, but the major event happened nonetheless.

They are quite intriguing experiences to have. My personal experience is quite rich in terms of exploring this phenomena in some instances, through lucid dreaming wherein the lucid dream also occurred within the mysterious mechanics that govern the nature of this phenomena.

Very interesting to observe precognitive dreams from a lucid state. Unfortunately, it appears this is much more rarer then the actual frequency of non-lucid precognitive dreams but the fact that I have observed this certainly excites my interest that others will hopefully further pioneer and explore what we call, "Lucid precognitive dreams".

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
This is a subject that interests me a great deal, so thanks for posting!
I've had 2 precognitive dreams.
The subject matter not what you'd think....
Both dreams were about getting a flat tyre!
The 1st happened about 20 years ago. I was using a solarium ,which usually goes for about 30 mins. I awoke from dozing upon the machine switching off. I had been dreaming I had a flat tyre. I quickly got dressed, went out to my car, & yep, a flat tyre.
The 2nd time was about 15 years ago. By this time I had 2 kids & we were going out for the day. I had to swing by & pick up my mum, who was coming along. I ran inside her house to get her & looked outside in the driveway to check the kids. As soon as I saw the car, the memory of dreaming about getting a flat tyre washed through me. Mum came out just as this happened & I told her about it. No big deal, we got in the car & headed off. We were only 10km down the road when, yep, flat tyre!
Of all the bloody precog dreams to have!!! (Why couldn't it be the lotto numbers,Wahhhhh!!)

There certainly seems to suggest that very little conscious choice is present in choosing what dream we can observe that is precognitive events of the future. Rather, the resulting occurrence of when certain precognitive dreams actualize generally brings about the memories associated with the original dream that occurred in the past.

It's an interesting area of human experience and the science much slower at evolving however I am confident other people will make breakthroughs in understanding this phenomena in the literal context that it presents. That it is a very real event in peoples lives.

edit on 14-8-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think at night, when the psychic energy is low, and my mind can navigate clearly.
I sleep in the early morning and afternoon, when the world is abuzz and the psychic energy is humming along at breakneck speed.
This habit has taught me to 1.) think independently at night and 2.) vamp off the thoughts of others while sleeping.
I often dream what is happening while I sleep.
I wake up and see what I dreamed is true in the form of headline news and stock market moves.
In this way I have taught myself to recognize the language of my subconscious.
In this way I have created a path for The Woman.
She comes to me in the Spirit to teach me and to prepare me for herself in the Flesh.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is a very interesting subject as I personally experience these types of dreams on nearly a nightly basis, the only way that they differentiate from normal dreams is that when you glimpse into the future the dreams seem more vivid and life-like

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theosophical
I think at night, when the psychic energy is low, and my mind can navigate clearly.
I sleep in the early morning and afternoon, when the world is abuzz and the psychic energy is humming along at breakneck speed.
This habit has taught me to 1.) think independently at night and 2.) vamp off the thoughts of others while sleeping.
I wake up and see what I dreamed is true in the form of headline news and stock market moves.
She comes to me in the Spirit to teach me and to prepare me for herself in the Flesh.

That is interesting Theosophical. It's interesting to take the idea and play with it more consciously then subconsciously. It's why a thread like this is paramount for those looking to understand it, as it brings forward what is already there and allows conscious choice to further explore the nature of this phenomena.

Although I haven't had any measure of success with it for financial gain, the experience itself warrants a much to be learned understanding when entering into this particular field of human experience. Getting there is half the battle, the hard steps are trying to explore this phenomena into the next levels of which it can occur.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rsk360
This is a very interesting subject as I personally experience these types of dreams on nearly a nightly basis, the only way that they differentiate from normal dreams is that when you glimpse into the future the dreams seem more vivid and life-like

Why do you think they occur? How is having a future event observed in a dream possible in this reality?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
July 2009 I had a dream i was holding a lottery ticket for $20m with congratulations printed on it....

... I am still waiting

ever hopeful,
peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
July 2009 I had a dream i was holding a lottery ticket for $20m with congratulations printed on it....

... I am still waiting

ever hopeful,
peace

Wouldn't that be nice! I remember reading about a person who played the lotto numbers they had in a dream and won. Apparently, I lack those types of precognitive dreams and am not that person. No wrong with a little hope.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by Theosophical

That is interesting Theosophical. It's interesting to take the idea and play with it more consciously then subconsciously. It's why a thread like this is paramount for those looking to understand it, as it brings forward what is already there and allows conscious choice to further explore the nature of this phenomena.

Although I haven't had any measure of success with it for financial gain, the experience itself warrants a much to be learned understanding when entering into this particular field of human experience. Getting there is half the battle, the hard steps are trying to explore this phenomena into the next levels of which it can occur.

It is all about understanding the archetypes of Man. Everybody is thinking the same thing, but we are individually interpreting reality according to our own desires. Of course, these personal desires are not always in alignment with reality.

How can one establish a baseline?

Money.

The opening, and closing, of the stock market is published every day. What more could a scientist ask for?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks OP for opening more discussion about this. Always fascinating to hear peoples experience with these phoenomena.

You can link to mine through my signature.

I have more to share but I would like breakfast first

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by rsk360

Why do you think they occur? How is having a future event observed in a dream possible in this reality?

honestly I do not know, but I hope to find out soon

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Lucid precognitive dreams, now theres an idea.
I don't have very many lucid dreams, but next time I do, I will try to do this.
any ideas on how to go about it will be highly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Theosophical

Hmm the stock market or forex would be a great thing to be able to view in such a dream. Anyone who could do so would make all their money problems vanish within a few months at the most.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

My man.
Listen to me.
I sleep in the daytime and dream what happens in the market. I literally wake up and see that my dream is what happened in the market. I am not unconscious while sleeping. I am sensitive to what is happening while I sleep.

I have been studying the occult for 14 years. I have tuned into the language of archetypes and symbols.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
only one dream that really stands out for me.
I had it years ago. random dream sequence that led to me playing poker in a townhouse complex.
anyways, about 3-4 months ago, some guy gets shot up the road so I go for a walk to see it for myself.
to get a better view of it all I walk up this little hill of dirt just off the side of the highway. (highway 10 and king george for anyone in my area), at the top of the hill is the same townhouse complex from my dream. as far as I had knew this place had never existed outside of my dream and I instantly recognized it as such.
I knew exactly which house I was in and what it looked like. only problem for me was I had never been there before, must've driven past it a thousand times too. it's just out of sight unless you climb that little hill.

edit on 15-8-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Theosophical

Thanks for that, I have had that happen to me a few times, It is an interesting phenomenon but not very "useful".
My experience was not with stock market, but with emails and news, but I suppose it could be tweaked to see the forex or stock market.

But what would be much more useful would be seeing what would happen in the 24 hours (or even 4 hours) from the time I wake up, or maybe have a date/time to go with the dreams, but that date/time should happen after I wake up. It should not "have happened" while I was still asleep.

Since you stated the occult, I have been in the occult for 17 years (since I was 10). And I do happen to know a bit about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i was thinking about this subject earlier today.

i wonder if it happens because the part of your brain that senses time shuts off when you're asleep and so your sub conscious memories are free to roam and become implanted in different 'times' in your mind. that way your dreams could travel backwards in your minds perception and you would remember something before it happened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join