It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams and Reality.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Greetings,
I have a precognitive dream to share if youre interested, and maybe you can help me determine the reasoning behind the dream. I personally experience deja vu quite frequently, as often as once a week or more. But one deja vu experience i wil never forget until the day im gone. For my whole childhood i would have the same nightmare over and over again for many years. This dream never had any type of strong images, just flashes of things i don't remember, but thats not the important part. The important part is in these dreams i would experience great amounts of pain and sadness. I would just hear people screaming and crying all through the dream. Now, like i said, I had this dream hundreds of times as a kid, but it all stopped after my grandmother died. The day of her viewing when i peered into her casket and heard my loved ones crying hysterically around me i had the most intense Deja Vu experience i have ever had.

Did i foresee the death of my grandmother?
Thoughts?

Thanks
-5TFD-

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

Alright, so my dreams are not ''precognitive'' and can't be used to predict stock market movements. But they are tuned into the present reality as it is experienced by other people. I am tuning into the thought energy of other people as they live and react emotionally to the present reality. Thoughts and emotions can create a lot of psychic energy. There is something else too....

I have a relationship with The Woman in her form of the Spirit. As I search for knowledge, She helps me. When I started to focus intensely on the stock market I started to have dreams about the stock market in which The Woman would come to me and instruct me. She knows that I am questing for material wealth and searching for The Woman in the Flesh. She helps me. So the ''current time'' dreams that show me what is currently happening in the market are also instructing me in other ways such as strengthening my vocabulary of symbols.

What does this have to do with predicting market moves? Nothing. Nothing except explicitly demonstrating to me that the world is not as it appears. And then..... I began to imagine how it might be. And then..... I began to understand the books I was reading in a very different way. I was breaking through my ordinary life programming and starting to see some of the extraordinary aspects of life. Eventually the 9-month cycle was revealed to me and the connection to the stock market was demonstrated and now I can never see it any other way.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Theosophical

You know that is INTERESTING that you have had this revelation and posted this because the older I get, the more that I realize that everything in our existence here works in cycles.

Take our lives for example. we go from being an infant, to a child, a teen, and to an adult where we eventually succumb to old age. This is biologically predestined that we can only "live" for so long.

Our our lives overall predestined ? Are these dreams merely a preview so to speak of what is already destined in our lives ?

I feel as though they are.

One poster here stated that he attempted to change the outcome after having one of these precognitive dreams and even after changing things in an attempt to alter the outcome, the event seen in his dream occurred/transpired anyway.

Because it was apparently meant to happen.

Anyone who has read the book "The Celestine Prophecy" recalls that the main theme and message was that there was no such thing as coincidence and that everything happens for a reason.

Oh and to the poster who had mentioned the Forex.
The Forex just as the waves in the ocean do, all work in cycles.

I am currently in a profitable Forex trade at the moment and I am about to take my daily profits.
All because I have learned to understand this characteristic about ALL markets and everything around us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I've had some non-personal pre-cog dreams. Can't remember any that were personal.
One was about an under construction 9 story building's foundation crumbling and the building fell into the adjacent water. A short time later they lost their financing. And I thought that was the "foundation'" my dream was indicating, however some years later cracks began appearing in walls and it was discovered that the foundation was in fact deteriorating. It didn't go critical tho.

On another incident I dreamed that I saw and airplane crash in my neighborhood. A few months later just such a thing occurred. It nose dived right into a canal. I did not witness it tho.

A few days ago I dreamed that I saw Queen Elizabeth with and Oracle of sorts who was telling her something to the that she was in danger of losing her royal position. (darned if I can remember the exact words) It might have said "Crown" which could mean the banking system rather than the royalty itself.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
(This is going to be choppy, please forgive me. It’d be much easier to explain if I was verbally telling you.)

I never “believed”, if you will, in precognitive dreams until I had one. It’s left me with many many questions.

I’d like to share it if you don’t mind.

Some background - At the time I was working the 7am-3pm shift at a gas station with a coffee shop inside it. It was a very busy place in the morning, as it was a one stop shop for gas, coffee and cigarettes. I had been working there for maybe 6 months. I was the only person on shift at the gas station, but there were many staff at the coffee shop who I will refer to as my coworkers....

I woke up around 5:30am one morning and remembered part of the dream I was just having. I specifically remembered one of my coworkers laughing and a man wearing a blue shirt and red shorts. I thought nothing of the dream as I got ready and went to work. Mostly because as far as my dreams go this was tame, and I remember my dreams on almost a nightly basis.

I get to work for 7am, and it’s a normal day - a rush lasting until about 9:30, and then I would grab the newspapers and read through them when I got a chance.

As I was flipping through the first newspaper, one of my coworkers was mopping the floor and having a conversation with a customer in the coffee line. She came back around the corner of the counter and laughed at something the customer had just said.

I got this REALLY weird feeling and for a split second I didn’t know what was happening. I looked up from the paper at my coworker(to the left of me) (the customer at this point has her coffee and is about to leave the store, to the right of me) and realized “holy *&#%, this is my dream.” I watched the woman leave the store and and looked out the windows and who do I see? A man wearing a blue shirt and red shorts waiting for me to press the button inside the store so he can pump his gas. At that point I almost fainted. (Also worthy to note, this wasn’t summer time, it was early spring, not so many people with shorts on.)

I kept it together long enough to take the cash from a man who was already pumping gas, a woman(a regular customer) who had just come in for smokes, the man with the red shorts, and another man who started pumping gas after red shorts guy. I had to sit down when I was helping the woman because I was in serious distress. Cold sweat, I could feel how pale my face was, and I couldn’t speak. She gave me a look like she was going to ask if I was ok but she didn’t. If I’m totally honest, when I was helping the woman I could see red shorts guy behind her looking at me, he was tall and she short, and I couldn’t handle that.

As soon as those 4 customers were gone I ran to the bathroom, thinking I was going to splash cold water on my face, but I didn’t make it that far. I had to sit on the toilet, put my head between my legs and hyperventilate. I splashed water on my face and had to go back to work.
Needless to say, the newspapers didn’t interest me anymore that day. I just sat and thought about what the hell had just happened for the rest of the day, and many days after that.

I dreamt that 5 minute sequence not 5 hours before it happened! I can try to explain how or why it happened but it just leaves me with more questions than I started with...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting..nothing interests me more then dreams. Just last night I dreamt I was running away from a giant..totally unrealistic sized tornado. Then when I got up...I checked the weather and looked up our local news online..like always and we had a tornado warning. spooky..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Native Americans say that we are guided by deceased relatives by our dreams.

In Western culture we understand and believe in Guardian Angels. This is the exact same thing.

Our deceased relatives look over us and help guide us away from danger via our dreams..

Plain and Simple.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
First of all, sorry for my bad english. But try to read between the lines, thats what dream-reading is all about after all
. It's been a long time since I played and enjoyed myself among native englishspeakers in the virtual battlefields of the PC-game called BattleZone. Hehe!

I'd like to say that what got me into "spiritual" things is when I stumbled upon a sitsuation where I had to do my best for my well being and for others as well. Had many years of stuckness and and selfpity and drinking. But yadda-yadda yadda. As I had to put everything on board I started to pay attention to my dreams. As I started to break my behavioral patterns I started to get these unbeliavably life-like dreams. I don't know is it a coincidence or what but at the same time (summer 2010) there was going on this thing called great cross with the planets.

As I started to get these new dreams (as I was starting to break my behavioral patterns) I was literally kicked in my balls by getting these almost out-of-body experiences, clairvoyances and at the end I started to remember ALL my dreams from my early childhood to the present.

Biggest joke is I had these precognitive dreams all along my lide. Just didn't pay attention to them, and to speak the truth by my stupid selfishness to that day all I got was nightmares.

And there's this other end of nightmares which I got myself into and only understood at the start of my so called "awakening".

In these nightmares I was escaping something evil, which hunted me. Sometimes I saw enemies surrounding me and I had this gun on my hand, which I tried to aim at to the enemies and everytime the trigger-mechanism was stuck. I couldn't shoot and I always woke up. Reliefed. I didn't pay attention to dreams as all I had was nightmares.

Couple of weeks went by and I met this woman little older than me and we met few times. I was always little drunk, as a shy and without any self-confidence back then. One evening this woman opened up a bit, and told that her son had seen lately this gunman standing at the door in night-time, which hugely scared him ofcourse. Sometims this figure walked on their apartment. Apparently the woman (if I remember right) could atleast sense the presence of this dark figure and she tried to have higher help by reading the bible and had some mystician friend to... how do you say it... ecxorsims (wtf?) anyway get rid of the figure. As she told me this I had this weird feeling, but I didn't ask much more about it, as she was bit nervous to tell about it to anybody else. We met couple of times after that, but life went as it went to soon not meet eachother again.

Now to think of it and I'm sure somehow I "projected" myself to household of this girl and boy, from my nightmarish precognitive dreams. I don't know what kind of traumas they got from this. Atleast the boy. Someday I have to clear that somehow off my karmic record. Hopely some of it has, as last year was darkest of my life. As it was the most awarding afterall. Got little wiser, hopely.

I'm trying to go to the other end of the spectrum right now. Maybe someday I can project myself fully conscious light.

And the dreams are the key. They like to throw me around a bit, and I get these messages from something/one to my third eye.

To come and think of it, last night my last dream was about my auntie playing a piano (some Michael Jackson -tune) and saw these elephant-figures all over my face. Last thing I saw was thins model-airplane being shown to me covered by little U.S. flags all over it.

Dreams are hidden codes. It might take weeks, days or just hours, but somedays in an instant of a second you undersand some ot it in your waking world and you get this werid feeling. Sometimes deja-vus.

And who hasn't experienced a deja-vu??

I take them as a proof of hidden realms under our noses. We just need to learn pay attention to ourselves
. Day and night.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
Thanks OP for opening more discussion about this. Always fascinating to hear peoples experience with these phoenomena.

You can link to mine through my signature.

I have more to share but I would like breakfast first

I think precognitive dreaming is something of great importance. An area of human experience that certainly deserves some consideration.

Thanks for sharing your precognitive dream. They are always fascinating.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I've had precognitive dreams and decided years ago that the reason they can happen is because only our conscious self is really concerned with time. When we sleep we are free of time and the way to know that is to record our dreams and see it for ourselves.

My husband always listens when I tell him about any dreams I've had cause a few of them have concerned him. A number of years ago when he was working out in a factory, I had a dream about his work and what he would be doing. But I didn't know what it was that I was observing and I tried explaining the thing to him. He said "draw a picture of it." So I did..he said "thats our paint oven!" And it was an inside view...I said well you were walking around inside of it..can you actually go inside these? And he said yes and I told him in the dream it was broke and he was inside this thing -- the thing I drew from above--and trying to fix it. A few days later it actually happened. I didn't know anything about factories or paint ovens. It made sense to him but not to me.

I believe everyone has precognitive type dreams, that its not unusual and you can prove it to yourself by learning to remember your dreams and record them.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theosophical
I sleep in the early morning and afternoon, when the world is abuzz and the psychic energy is humming along at breakneck speed.
This habit has taught me to 1.) think independently at night and 2.) vamp off the thoughts of others while sleeping.
I often dream what is happening while I sleep.
I wake up and see what I dreamed is true in the form of headline news and stock market moves.
In this way I have taught myself to recognize the language of my subconscious.

It's called "Real-Time" Dreaming, rather than Precognitive Dreaming. Precognitive Dreaming would be seeing future events that had not happened yet during the time the person was asleep. Retrocognitive Dreaming would be seeing past events, things that happened in the past. "Real-Time" Dreaming is seeing the events as they occur while a person is asleep. Like seeing a fire down the road while asleep and a firetruck on its way. Or seeing children on a playground while asleep during the day. Or seeing events on the news, with the TV turned off and you deep in REM sleep. Seeing the events as they occur while asleep is "Real-Time" Dreaming...it's more of telepathy in REM, rather than precognition/retrocognition.

When all of us sleep....deep in REM...we use more of our brains, more areas of our brains then when we are in an awake state.

Compare the following PET brain scans - side by side.

Awake State: PET Brain Scan

Normal Sleep & REM Sleep: PET Brain Scans

If you look at the useage of a person's brain while Awake and compare it to the PET scan of a person and their brain usage while in REM Sleep...there is far more brain activity in REM sleep than during any awake state of mind. So we use areas of our brain during sleep that we don't normally use while awake.

For many...they see future events that will happen to them while they are asleep...they tap into to precognition during REM. Others, like you Theosophical, tap into telepathy and clairvoyance during REM....you see events that are actually happening in the world while you are asleep.

I'm more like you Theosophical...a daytime sleeper who likes a clear mind during the night...while others are asleep. Then when everyone is awake during the day---I sleep. I see events going on in the neighborhood around me..what's happening at the state capitol....what's going on down the road at the fire station...what's going on down the road at police headquarters. I see the events as they occur during the day, while I'm asleep--"Real Time" REM sleep. I've only encountered 4 of us on the net over the years. Most people are precognitive dreamers.

And now it's time for my afternoon nap
..after one more quickie reply

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
reply to post by Theosophical

Thanks for that, I have had that happen to me a few times, It is an interesting phenomenon but not very "useful".

I've always found it very, very useful. If there's undercover cops in the back of the complex, I dream about what they are up to during the day while I'm asleep. Or what's going on at headquarters down the road.

In school, it was great. I could sleep through my morning classes and dream about the lectures as if I were there sitting in class. Oddly, I scored better on Essay Tests/Exams and Oral Exams. Like if it were a foreign language class in the morning...and I'd be asleep at home...it would be Sentence Exams and Oral Exams in the foreign language. Those I would get A's if I slept through class at home...dreaming the lecture in Real-Time REM sleep.

Fill-in-the-Blank Exams were a bit odd. There was one class that the Midterm and Final was 1/3 Textbook, 1/3 Lecture and 1/3 Guest Speakers. And they'd ask questions like..."When so-and-so was the Guest Speaker, what did it say on their T-Shirt"...and it would be Fill-in-the-Blank. Somehow, even though I slept through class...I actually got the correct answer.

I scored the worst on Multiple Choice Exams if I slept through class. Not sure why. Essay Exams..I'd get A's. Oral Exams I'd get A's. But if it were a class that I slept through and the exams were multiple choice...I'd get B's and C's. Really odd. --shrug--

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Very interesting. i have had this a couple of times ! But they always come around 1-4 days before it actually happens. Sometimes very clear but otherwise very symbolic. So sometimes it was obvious i dreamt it but at other times i only figure it out after some random thought linking. doesn't happen too often though but very randomly on both significant and (seemingly) insignificant moments.

Somewhat offtopic but.... Coincidently i found a youtube movie a couple a days ago that is about reciting a sanskrit mantra for having pleasant dreams that come true! How about that for something precognitive! Anyway, if you recite the mantra 1008 times followed by another 108 times before sleeping (it's actually harder NOT falling asleep as having precog dreams) you will get clear dreams coming true.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This guy has written a book about his precognitive dreams. He kept a detailed dream journal for over 20 years.

mundusvirtua.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think it has so much to do with seeing the future, but rather these dreamers are creating the future.

I think of dreams as an expression of duality, the waveform counterpart to the waking world of solid particles.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I don't think it has so much to do with seeing the future, but rather these dreamers are creating the future.

I think of dreams as an expression of duality, the waveform counterpart to the waking world of solid particles.

Interesting that you talk about duality with dreams and reality as I also agree with this point. Although I don't use the wave-function quantum model, and this is because dreams fundamentally are thought, organized into the context of the dream reality.

It is a dream/reality dualism that exists with regard to precognitive dreams. This is clearly evident between the initial precognitive dream, and the later actualizing physical event.

I also read your post on the Nature of Dream Control, great thread keep sharing thoughts on this fascinating subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join