It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I was sitting on the deck tonight and saw two ? Helicopters fly over, they were military, I couldn't make out what they were but the formation and vague outline made it apparent they were not civ. I'm located in Greenville SC and we do have a base here, as well as Lockheed Martin, but I wasn't aware of them using choppers. The fly over was 11:10 pm eastern time, just curious if anyone knew anything more about it?
edit on 13-8-2011 by QuietSpeech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

Could you describe the helicopters at all? Colour? Size? Anything?

We need something to work with friend

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe you were just sprayed with that Ricin biochem weapon they are supposedly testing out!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Didnt some guy said that he saw some helicopter flyin over WV like a week ago in some formation also, Could there be link between these things happening and also how they said that there were many military vehicles being transported from oregon with special red detail near the front driver side also how some people are saying that jets are flying low over towns in the middle of the U.S. Could we be getting ready for something big

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

It was dark out so color is out of the question, however when I first spotted them it looked like they had the body of an A10 but driven by a propeller rotary based system. They went by fairly quickly and I quickly looked up what I could but it had a long body like but a top side propeller.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Victor211865

There were only two that I saw and by formation I mean they were sticking to each other as if there were strength in numbers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech
reply to post by Victor211865

There were only two that I saw and by formation I mean they were sticking to each other as if there were strength in numbers.

OK. You saw two 'copters.

Was there something important or different about them that you needed to post that sighting of? I fail to understand what you want from us that click on the thread. So I'll repeat what I said in the first sentence:
"OK. You saw two 'copters."

You wanna hear about the rabbit sitting motionless in my back yard 30 minutes ago?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Feel free to post a thread on your rabbit, I asked a question without the sensationalist hype. I stated a fact, and asked if anyone knew anything about it, but thanks for the posts in this instance I don't mind a troll.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
11 p.m., night flight training. Probably National Guard. They were most likely getting used to flying while using night vision for night time insertions and extractions over in the sandbox.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
National Guard is probably the highest probability. I almost always see a black hawk or transport plane go over my area. There is a large roofed structure very close to my home and we live on one of the higher points in the area...

Also, the flight tend to be going towards Pittsburgh.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Semoro

It was dark out so color is out of the question, however when I first spotted them it looked like they had the body of an A10 but driven by a propeller rotary based system. They went by fairly quickly and I quickly looked up what I could but it had a long body like but a top side propeller.

With your description of the 'A-10 body' you probably saw V-22 Ospreys? The Osprey has a twin tail configuration. USMC Ospreys are based in North Carolina.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

TJ

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Most likely guys from New River on a cross country. Though they typically fly higher in the MV-22 than they use to in the copters, but they may have just stopped somewhere for gas.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

QuietSpeach -

Cannot say for certain not knowing your proximity to the aircraft but It may very well have been a formation of ShadowHawk UAVs. These "helicopters" are small but at night with their navigation lights on often appear to be full size aircraft except for the lower noise signature. The aircraft are produced by Vanguard Defense Industries in Spring, Texas. For more information you can view go to their site (which is limited for obvious reasons) or perform searches for: ShadowHawk UAS.

recent article:
singularityhub.com...

Company website;

www.VanguardDefense.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Good catch, that is exactly what they looked like. I appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
UAVs aren't routinely flown over residential areas... You have to get a waiver from the FAA well in advance of a specific time, then fly it at a high altitude and pre determined route. They also don't fly UAVs in formations together, except for a few tests for a couple types that were capable of autonomous flight. But once again, that would not be done in a residential area that low.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Good catch, that is exactly what they looked like. I appreciate that.

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

TJ

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just seen four black (looked unmarked) fairly large choppers fly by here. There is No military base around here. The first was flying super low and was by itself, the other 3 came a few minutes later flying higher and in formation. I'm in the middle bottom of VA about 10 mins from the NC border. This is not regular, the only chopper we get is one that flies to and from a semi-local hospital, and its smaller and is white. We also had a white unmarked blimp flying over town a few days ago, it was apparently a Navy blimp is what I was told.
edit on 28-8-2011 by 7slinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I cannot make a thread, but I think this is odd. A little while ago I seen what I think is a plane of some sort, it had a Bright (light) blue light and had a white flashing light that would flash twice then go off, (flashflash-off-flashflash-off etc) I just did a quick google search and apparently planes don't have blue lights? Can anyone explain this, I watch the sky all the time and have Never seen a plane like this, it was moving Very fast, no strange maneuvers or anything, I don't think it was a UFO (other than the unidentified part) but it was very out of the ordinary.

new topics

top topics

join