It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by baldhead
I watched the Iowa debate and it was amazing to see Ron Paul in action. I followed his last presidential campaign very closely and feel that he has alot more momentum and support this time round. Will be an interesting next few months

yes it will. i was actually also happy to see Newt bring up the whole federal reserve issue. now, i know there is a huge possibility that he is seeing how large Paul's grassroots campaign has grown and he may well be trying to swing that way in order to get some of those votes, but then again - maybe the message is actually getting through and he is sincere (i know, i know...) - either way, sincerity or not, at least the issue is being brought to the forefront, so that is a great thing. of course Paul supporters want him to win, but at this point, it is also good to see ANYONE throwing the real issues out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I know plenty of Dems,that are honestly not going to vote for Obama,if they dont have to. Perry might have that money,but I think hes got a bulls-eye on him. Cant wait for the dirt to come out.I also know Repubs that flatly refuse to have another Texan,in the White House...I Dont think its about looks.....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

i know that's right. lol. i mean about people that don't want another texas governor in office.
actually, that's a pretty good campaign slogan for pretty much anyone who runs against him.

i think i would fall over in my chair if Obama was unable to run for a second term. aside from impeachments, has that ever happened? i must go check in to that... now i am curious.

ETA: i found my answer in this link. i did not double check for it's accuracy, but it all rings a bell with me, so i am fairly sure its accurate: wiki.answers.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by highpriestess because: added link

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Newsweek's Michael Tomasky says Obama's failures prove him ignorant of history and incapable of change. One-third of Democrats want Hillary Clinton or someone else to challenge him in next year's primaries. ......

LINK

If the economy doesnt get on track,you will see more Dems jumping ship..........

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
People who changed their vote from Paul simply because of his views on Iran need to study American/Iranian history... or do these people actually believe that Iran is capable of attacking American with a nuke if they had one? Regardless, someone needs to educate these people. Aside from that, Bachmann had high numbers because she is in her HOME state. Something not many people realize.

Let me just say this though. Consider that Bachmann voted for the Patriot act if you plan on voting for her.
edit on 14-8-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You won't see them going to Paul, however. You're more likely to see them throw support behind a Democratic challenger from the deeper left - Bernie Sanders perhaps.

See, we don't go for paul - or any Republicans, because no matter how varied their stances on social and foreign issues might be, they all adhere to the exact same economic policy.

Cut everything everywhere, stand back, and expect magical fairies to put it back together, better than before.

This is the economic policy of Ron Paul. It's the economic policy of Michelle Bachman. it's the economic policy of everyone from Goldwater forward. Chop everything into tiny pieces and then wish them whole again.

That doesn't work for the Democratic voters who are annoyed with Obama, and so many other "centrist" (Actually middle-right) democrats - because they're just as happy to believe in market fairies as the republicans.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Watched the BBC news this morning. Ron Paul's name was not even mentioned, although other candidates were. Paul's position in the poll is in the report on the website LINK but nothing on TV

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Paul is actually for cutting the REAL problem. The Wars. Could you imagine what could be done if we werent spending trillions a year on war?

See this is another problem with American voters. There are people that will only vote for one party. If someone came along that could fix all the problems and he/she was a republican democrats still wouldnt vote for them. Its this tribal crap that people feel that their "team" is more important than the welfare of the country. "Im not voting for so and so because hes a democrat" and then insert bullcrap reasons why all democrats are bad. You people need to understand that THE COUNTRY is more important than your juvenile tribal war 'i vote for my own team' mentality.

You will never admit to it but you know damn well Im telling the truth. We can sit here and argue about public school funding or whatever other issue you deem important but the fact is the majority of our spending is done through needless war. There is no other person running for president that wants to bring every single one of our troops home day one. Those are facts. Like it or not. And its enough for every single one of you, democrat or republican, to vote for Ron Paul.
edit on 14-8-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Bachmann came across as a puppet to me since she 1st appeared on the scene. I'm happy to see the momentum that Dr.Paul has gained since the last election.Ken,I mean Rick Perry is just as much a fascist as Bachmann and the rest of the field,Let's be honest here,it's gonna be an uphill battle for Dr.Paul the MSM is gonna attack him and all the blind partisans of both parties.I don't think Bachmann or Rick are capable of beating the current figurehead.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If it's any consolation to you guys, McCain didn't join the straw poll but he ended up winning the GOP primary before eventually losing to Obama. Ron Paul still has a very big chance of winning the GOP primary.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Even if he legitimately came in second, this is a huge victory for Ron Paul and his supporters.

However, something isn't quite right...

THE IOWA STRAW POLL MYSTERY

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
Its this tribal crap that people feel that their "team" is more important than the welfare of the country. "Im not voting for so and so because hes a democrat" and then insert bullcrap reasons why all democrats are bad. You people need to understand that THE COUNTRY is more important than your juvenile tribal war 'i vote for my own team' mentality.

just had that same discussion with someone yesterday. red coats and blue coats, crips and bloods, democrats and republicans. everyone flies their colors. truth of the matter is we're supposed to be on the same team here. and that team SHOULD be using the Constitution as it's rulebook... we spend a LOT of money trying to boss people around - over seas AND at home.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They may want another woman to run against Hilliary, but none would beat her.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If being in a cult means wanting to end these illegal wars that have resulted in countless innocent lives being lost and reforming the criminal banking cartel that has tied us to the 1.5 quadrillion global derivatives fraud. Then a cult it is....

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Let me know how that works...

No online poll is secure from fraud; otherwise, we wouldn't be going to polls to vote on election day. In fact, I would go so far as to say online fraud is easier than the effort it took me to reply to your comment.

While online polls are certainly not 100% secure from fraud, I think they're certainly more secure than you'd have us believe. First of all there is the tracking of cookies, tracking of IP's, the ability to block many people who are using proxies/proxy browsers from accessing their server, etc. when you add all these together, although it's still not impossible to get around, it certainly makes it a hell of a lot harder and probably a big enough hassle to make most people not want to bother with trying to vote twice.

True enough, the reason Ron Paul dominates online polls so much more than any other polls, is largely because of the demographic of his supporters, who are more than likely tech savvy and better organized than supporters of other candidates... but I don't think it's right to just continually dismiss the online polls as irrelevant/useless. Sure the numbers might not be completely in sync with the polls conducted in the "real" world... but as this latest straw poll has demonstrated, it's not THAT far off.
edit on 14/8/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Poster didn't say that Ron Paul supports masturbation. He just said Bachmann doesn't support it!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't know why the Ron Paul supporters are so quick to jump on the fraud bandwagon. No candidate ever wins them all. As it stands, he finished a close second to the strongest candidate in the mainstream GOP field. Its far from a bad result, especially given the lack of media attention he receives.

And as I've been saying for weeks, Willard Romney is only popular among the relatively few liberal GOPers and among the media, which wants to see a weak challenger that Obama can stomp next fall. The average Republican voter with conservative voting tendencies isn't going to cast their vote for him, just like they didn't last time around.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I don't know why the Ron Paul supporters are so quick to jump on the fraud bandwagon. No candidate ever wins them all. As it stands, he finished a close second to the strongest candidate in the mainstream GOP field. Its far from a bad result, especially given the lack of media attention he receives.

And as I've been saying for weeks, Willard Romney is only popular among the relatively few liberal GOPers and among the media, which wants to see a weak challenger that Obama can stomp next fall. The average Republican voter with conservative voting tendencies isn't going to cast their vote for him, just like they didn't last time around.

I dont think there was anything wrong with the results. Bachmann was in her home state of course shes going to do well. The problem is the msm is attempting to put rick perry in the 2nd slot even though paul was 2nd while not even mentioning pauls name.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I heard the results of the straw poll & smiled. The people have spoken. My joy was over the fact that Romney wasn't even in the top 5. I think the people are sick of your normal basic slicked up politician. I feel that Bachmann won because she did have a home town advantage and that is it. Personally I am a Cain supporter. He is not world savy but he knows how to run a business.

I find it interesting that people are mentioning that they changed their voting registration from Dem to Rep. I changed mine months ago from Republican to unaffiliated. My thought, I support no party. You want my vote then earn it! No way will the Republican party support Ron Paul, he refuses to be control and play the game. If he is the top runner, the republican ticket will not say Paul. The Republican party still doesn't get it!!! The media and the party still think they can tell us who is good for us.

I watched Bachmann the other night on O'Reilly, she spews her rhetoric and doesn't answer questions. She lost all or any interest after that show.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join