It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I will saw off & eat my right arm on live web cam if he wins (I triple dog swear) if RP wins the election. NO B.S.!!! hold me to it of S.O. can happily ban me!!!

Oh man, that's gonna hurt. Are you gonna cook it first, or just eat it raw?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul is clearly the best candidate, but it will be all to no avail until
Americans cop-the-f**k-on and insist on a verifiable paper trail for all votes
cast in each and every election.
The results of the last 3 US presidential elections (at least) were tampered with,
with Bush losing both times, and Obama's winning margin in 2008 severely under-estimated.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

RP is a worth nothing, will get nowhere, "waste your vote on me" candidate.

I just felt like quoting you on this.

Why do you keep bashing Ron Paul so harshly? For what reason?

Have you even listened to anything he has said? Do you have no compassion for the American people or the core values of the United States?
edit on 14-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Since when does a candidate's words matter? Since Obama? Since Bush?...Since when??? Of course I have heard every word he has uttered...what difference does that make? I'm past words....any intelligent voter would be too! Get with the program you sheeple (my gawd I've wanted to use that word forever...finally, it applies!!)
edit on 14-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DivineIntervention

Bachmann doesn't support masturbation...so she's not getting my vote. lol I really can't stand the MSM's agenda. Ron Paul WILL save this country if we give him a chance.

So, RP supports masturbation? Tell us, how do you know that?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Are you gonna cook it first, or just eat it raw?

I'm indifferent to the culinary details....you choose.

I am dead serious!

Any RP supporter wanna make the opposite bet? "saw off and eat your arm" if RP does not win the Presidency? Anyone?...Anyone???

I will wait...but that agreement will never come...as you all know (as well as I do) that RP is a sucker's bet! Disagree? then take me up on my bet...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I wish that there as a candidate that I agreed with, 100%.
Sadly, that'll never happen. (unless you run yourself) So ultmately, we're stuck with a candidate that we agree with the most.
Another consideration is voting for a candidate that will have the best chance of winning.
I could vote for (place name here) in every election, but if his/her chances of winning are nil then what have you accomplished?

Ultimately, people are going to vote selfishly. What can this candidate do for me personally. Will this candidate allow me to make more money? Will this candidate make me safer? Will this candidate harm my kids and family?

I think our system works. I've said repeatedly that while it is flawed, it does work.
That being said, I have yet to make my mind up on a candidate. I know who I won't vote for, but not who I will support.
Issues.
Issues.
Issues.
Lets stay focused on the issues. Demagougery is counter-productive. Especially when we are all supposed to be focused on solving the same problems.

Thus speakith, the sad, crying, little bunny.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow, I guess I don't even have to say anything. Your stupidity pretty much speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I believe in good health, so no dairy or wheat products should ever be eaten unless you're starving to death. I'd say a bedding of romaine lettuce with some carrots, oven baked...mmmmm, the Aggie Man arm meat will just slide off the bone. Perhaps a hummous dip, and make sure to eat a piece of fresh fruit, your choice.

As for me taking that bet, hell no, I can't say I'm certain he will win. There's still alot of hurdles, but we're gonna try our damndest...and now I have even MORE reason, to see a man saw off and eat his own arm.

edit on 14-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I am dead serious!

I'd send you some good recipes but unfortunately all mine need two hands to prepare.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Any RP supporter wanna make the opposite bet? "saw off and eat your arm" if RP does not win the Presidency? Anyone?...Anyone???

Sure thing. I will saw off and eat your arm if RP does not win the Presidency. Sounds kind of gross but worth it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Are you gonna cook it first, or just eat it raw?

I am dead serious!

I will wait...but that agreement will never come...as you all know (as well as I do) that RP is a sucker's bet! Disagree? then take me up on my bet...

LOL,I would take that bet......if you take mine..

"saw off and eat your arm" if "a NEO-CON OR BLEEDING HEART LIB" wins the Presidency.........

Looks to me, we all lose again..........

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

You have got to be kidding! You think Michelle Bachmann would use the office to promote the agendas of the IRS? Please, tell us how you reached that conclusion.

first of all, you are not an "us" you are a "you" - unless, of course, multiple people are posting under your screenname - so don't try the little psychological forum head game with me where your single little post is supposed to make me feel outnumbered. i wasn't born yesterday.

secondly, i never accused the woman of anything, nor did i say i had some sort of research that was going to place a nail in her coffin regarding what her motives are... i simply stated that i PERSONALLY would not be voting for her (read my post again, it's right there, it says "I will not be voting for her" - that would be "I" meaning "me"), and i stated that my reasoning behind that was (and i quote) "Too many people that run for office, once in office, use that office to promote the agendas of their former employers" Last i checked, this was still a free country and i still have the right to vote any which way i choose to, based on whatever reasoning i choose. i don't have to justify it to you in the form of a "conclusion" - just as you have that same right. earlier in the thread i even congratulated the woman for being the first woman to win the straw poll. Go play your little forum "word games" with someone a little more likely to fall for it.

The matter is moot anyway, as i stated several times, Rick Perry is going to take it from her anyway. You are absolutely crazy if you don't think this thing is going to end in: Obama (D), Rick Perry (R) and Ron Paul (I)

ETA: nevermind, i just went back and read through the thread. you aren't contributing anything to the conversation, you are just picking out people's posts, quoting a piece of it, and making snarky comments. i see what you're about.
edit on 14-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
deleted and just put an ETA in my post above, self-moderation

edit on 14-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

: Obama (D), Rick Perry (R) and Ron Paul (I)

Im leaning this way................

Michelle Bachmann (R), Hilary Clinton (D) and Ron Paul (I)

Too early to tell,but Perry has to have some skeletons,and Obama is slipping in the polls as we speak..........
Lots of Dems are wondering if they should have backed Clinton...............

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
What many have failed to realize is that Romney (the medias pick) didn't win. If this is any indication of the upcoming race, then we may have a chance to turn our country around.
Good on Bachman, good on Paul.
Meh, to the rest.

Now lets talk about the issues.

dead on. this is so very true. but, do you think the media's pick will change now that Perry is officially in it? he has A LOT of big money behind him. he comes off, to me, like a real used car salesman. i met him once at a congratulatory dinner. i worked for an attorney who's wife was running for state rep of the district our law firm was located in, and she won. he was a nice enough fellow, but came across very fake.

i really don't like what he did in Texas with the tort reform, that's for sure... but as for other issues, he seems to change his mind a lot. i could stomach him a lot more if there was some courage to his conviction, but he seems to kind of twist in the wind on some issues... and that makes me think that he doesn't really stand up for what HE BELIEVES in, but rather takes the side that he thinks will get him the votes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by highpriestess

: Obama (D), Rick Perry (R) and Ron Paul (I)

Im leaning this way................

Michelle Bachmann (R), Hilary Clinton (D) and Ron Paul (I)

Too early to tell,but Perry has to have some skeletons,and Obama is slipping in the polls as we speak..........
Lots of Dems are wondering if they should have backed Clinton...............

so, you don't think the dems will have Obama running for a second term? obama still has some pretty loyal followers out there. what's scary is that hilary clinton is just the white woman version of Obama when it comes down to it.

i would love to say that i agree about the Bachmann thing, but i don't - Perry is extremely connected as far as having an unlimited cash supply to back him up. and all the women just LOVE his ken doll looks, he's a charmer. when he smiles, you can almost see the little cartoon-ish gleaming twinkle of light on his tooth. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

I don't know enough about Perry to comment on, to be honest. But I will say that ANYONE who has flip-flopped on any issues has some explaining to do.
What does that say about a persons values?
What does tat say about a persons principles?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

i agree. especially since the issues he flip flops on are the biggies - gay marriage, etc. Also - if my memory serves me correctly, i think a few years ago he was all hell-bent on Texas seceding from the Union.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I watched the Iowa debate and it was amazing to see Ron Paul in action. I followed his last presidential campaign very closely and feel that he has alot more momentum and support this time round. Will be an interesting next few months

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join