It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
On another note, if he have another economic collapse, or even a recession (which it looks like we might), it could dramatically shift the vote in Ron's favor.

Anybody care to comment?
edit on 14-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that Bachmann has spent all of her time in Iowa to get this one win by 100+ votes, as a person in her district in MN. Bachmann is not anywhere close to what she appears to be, her voting record is as anti-freedom as anyone on the so called left, as a native of Iowa its no suprise she won, the count is whats telling, you could make the case her family made the differance, im not but one could.
Dr. Ron Paul is building momentum inspite of the media completly ignoring him in the coverage,COMPLETLY IGNORING, you would think by the coverage he hadnt shown up. Dr. Paul wins every debate every time, these children can not compete with his intilect and that is very crystal clear. Whats encouraging is that the American people are starting to see that, and that is why he wins every after debate poll, and why momentum is building for Dr. Paul and Liberty.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It's my understanding that there are 218 votes that had not been accounted for. Does anyone have any info on those votes?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zacdam
It's my understanding that there are 218 votes that had not been accounted for. Does anyone have any info on those votes?

I don't have any info, but the interesting thing is that if those were for Ron Paul, it would have given him enough to edge Bachmann.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yes it would! 218 puts him in front by a nose! Either way though, I was glad to see if he was going to come in second to someone that it was Bachman, for many reasons but most importantly.... She has no choice but to spread the word of Ron going forward!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
the gop ticket will be perry/bachman. the race is to see whose name comes first

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Seeing as he has been warning us about the Fed for over 2 decades and considering he has been right on the economy and the wars since day one, the sheeple may actually wake up if that happens. The only stumbling block is the corporate media and just how effective they really are at spinning things even as they fall apart!

We are 4 years into this recession and people still think that things are getting better. I build houses for a living and I am in shock each day at just how even good people are treated by the banks and they get away with. Illegal things that are now excepted because people have been programmed that "it's the Norm..."

Just like we've been programmed to accept the FED and to accept personal income taxes... they've convinced the masses that its the norm!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I don't think so.... it didn't take me long yesterday to dig up enough crap on Perry to make him VERY unappealing to his base... Do some research and you'll see what I mean. he loses his base and he's just another piece of **** with a dream!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'll make this comment on this post ,it seems that Pauls position on Iran is most talked about here.

Ive read a number of statements that Paul has made about this and it just looks to me like common sense.No one wants wars all over the world and are tired of the U.S. policeing the world but still think we should keep Iran from getting "the bomb" witch would take the worst war in human history to stop.So do we start "another "war to stop them from getting the bomb or do we let them run there mouth and maybe start a war that the world could deal with in short order?Flip side when they do have the bomb maybe the good people of Iran will worry enough to oust the wingnuts that would get the majority of people in Iran that are peaceful all killed.

I think people in America are more hooked on the way the U.S. has done buisness then we think and would go crazy with nothing to attack and ridicule each other over.We are hooked on mindless debate, ridicule and hate.Just imagine what it would be like to have nothing but"THEM" to worry or argue about......YA I know ......boring

Chill,just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Prediction: Bachmann will be the Republican Vice-President candidate.

Prediction: Rick Perry and Ron Paul will battle it out for the Presidential candidate nomination.

Prediction: Mitt and Cain will drop out within the next few weeks or few months.

Once we hit the Republican Caucus in January, Perry, Paul, and Bachmann will be the only three left. We have plenty of time for damaging mistakes to happen, so this race is very-very far from being over.

As Perry's presence starts to be felt, the dynamic of the debates will drastically change.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I agree completely... Wars are the vehicle for TPTB within the central banking cartel to make more money than any other avenue. War needs money... print more money... collect the interest on the money from the people. population control and profits all rolled into one!

If the we would just keep our influence out of the region I believe the other Arab countries would take care of the issue themselves. it's no secret that most of the Arab league doesn't like Ahmadinejad and they all feel threatened by him.

If we remove the old standby option of America wasting it's lives and money on the issue, they will deal with it themselves. There is no incentive for them to do so now because they know we'll come in and do their dirty work for them... it has to stop! At some point and time it has to stop... That time should have come already but since it hasn't... that time is now!

The corporate media has convinced us that the average everyday American citizen gives a crap about Iran and their nuclear ambitions when they don't. Most people I talk to don't care any longer and they just want our problems at home fixed at this time. let that region address Iran and let us address the needs of the American people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

You're right!... Thankfully, those "mistakes" can and will only happen to Bachman and/or Perry as they have notions and dirt and baggage to hide. Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for 30+ years and has laid it all on the table before now. Bachman and Perry will still have the mind-field of their 'positions" to navigate while Ron Paul can hammer home the message of Life, Liberty... peace and prosperity!

What American doesn't want these things in their lifetime!?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zacdam
reply to post by Section31

You're right!... Thankfully, those "mistakes" can and will only happen to Bachman and/or Perry as they have notions and dirt and baggage to hide. Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for 30+ years and has laid it all on the table before now. Bachman and Perry will still have the mind-field of their 'positions" to navigate while Ron Paul can hammer home the message of Life, Liberty... peace and prosperity!

What American doesn't want these things in their lifetime!?

Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air, but he is making some key mistakes. As a result of calling the United States militarized, Paul ended up doing some serious damage. After talking to some folks about the Iowa debate, I am getting the impression that Paul scared people away.

Some are predicting that Paul will drop out sooner than later.

Bachman may have won the Iowa poll, but the bigger battles are on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I find it interesting that people are mentioning that they changed their voting registration from Dem to Rep.

Just until after the primaries, you have to be registered Republican to vote in them. Once they're over, then I'm going back to Independent. I find it interesting so many people feel like the whole election system is a scam, and "they" won't allow Paul to be the front runner if he wins the primaries. While I tend to agree, that should in all honesty enrage the people to a point of grabbing the torches and pitchforks. Our votes are supposed to count, but seems many people think they don't.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
After talking to some folks about the Iowa debate, I am getting the impression that Paul scared people away.

That doesn't seem to be the case in Iowa, the people there seem to have spoken. Not surprising if the people you talked to watched the small clips of Paul on the MSM, since they only show carefully edited clips of the most "controversial" positions (like NOT starting another war, when Israel is MORE than capable of handing Iran their ass if they feel threatened). God damn, it's mind boggling how in love with WAR alot of Americans seem to have become.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

After talking to some folks about the Iowa debate, I am getting the impression that Paul scared people away.

That doesn't seem to be the case in Iowa, the people there seem to have spoken.

Only Iowans have spoken.

When it comes to the BIGGER picture, Paul has a very large hill to climb. Many people think he is too radical.

Bachmann's place on the ticket is very strong, but she hasn't won the Presidential nomination.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zacdam

true, but in this era of TV campaigns, the candidate that talks the talk and looks the part has a great chance. I think obama benefitted from a bush back lash, and bachmann and perry will benfit from an obama backlash

and we'll be screwed again

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"WELL SAID"............VOTE RON PAUL PLEASE PEOPLE, WE NEED TO START IN A NEW DIRECTION. THE DIRECTION WE ARE HEADING IS NOT GOOD, WAS NEVER GOOD NOR WILL IT BE GOOD. THE MIDDLE/POOR CLASS IS GETTING CRUSHED. MAY GOD HELP US AMERICAN PEOPLE, OUR GOVERENMENT IS MAKING MOST PEOPLE BLIND TO THE TRUTH. WE NEED PEOPLE THAT SAY IT, HOW IT IS, WHEN IT IS. PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE IN THEIR MIND, NOT GREED IN THEIR WALLET.

MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

When it comes to the BIGGER picture, Paul has a very large hill to climb. Many people think he is too radical.

I agree it's uphill, not because of substance, but because the bought and paid for media and the fact so many swallow whatever it crams down their throats. They wait to have their opinions provided to them, and parrot whatever Hannity, or whoever tells them to. However, that ass hat Hannity did actually tell the panel he believed Paul's win is very significant...and they all half heartedly agreed and then went right back to the Iran comment. Again, it's disgusting that the majority of people in this country see NOT wanting to fight unnecessary wars as a bad thing, and a weakness. He never said he was going to dismantle the military, just bring them home and use them for protecting US, not corporate interests overseas. Israel can take Iran out if they don't want them to get the bomb.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I'm a Ron Paul supporter but I won't even dare to call someone who votes for someone I disagree with "stupid." It's called America. You have your opinions and your rights to vote for whomever. Ron Paul is a great politician, but he isn't God.

His "die hard supporters" need to get over themselves sometimes because it's making the rest of his fan base seem like illogical stuck up snobs.

Focus on the opposition, Obama, and everyone stop making a circular inward firing squad.

Sorry to break it to you, but the President isn't the opposition. It's the Republican Party. Deal with Bachmann first and then worry about Obama later, if Ron Paul even makes it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join