It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

DES MOINES, IA - Texas Congressman Ron Paul has won the first-ever online Iowa straw poll, capturing a commanding 44% of the over 6,000 votes cast in an online poll sponsored by Iowa Congressman Tom Latham's campaign. The results of the two-week online poll (located at: onlineiowastrawpoll.com) were announced one day before Saturday's Ames Straw Poll, which is considered by most as the first real test of a presidential candidate's organizational strength in Iowa.

Iowa Internet Straw Poll

1st - Ron Paul with 44% of the unique online votes

2nd - Herman Cain 16%

3rd - Michele Bachmann 10%

4th - Rick Perry 8%

5th - (TIE) Tim Pawlenty and Mitt Romney 5%

7th - Sarah Palin 4%

8th - "Someone Else" 3%

9th - Rick Santorum 2%

10th - (Tie) Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich with 1% of the unique online votes

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Someone else finished 8th....well that says enough to Santorum Newt and Huntsman, I'm surprised someone else didn't finish 2nd or 3rd!
edit on 8/13/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would have guessed that Pawlenty and Huntsman would have fought fiercely for last place. The fact that he placed 3rd baffles me. But I hear he spent over $1million there.

Rick Perry got 700 votes and he wasn't even there. That shows you how bogus these unofficial polls are.

Bachmann will make for an excellent candidate. It will come down to a 3 way battle between her, Romney, and Perry.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn

DES MOINES, IA - Texas Congressman Ron Paul has won the first-ever online Iowa straw poll, capturing a commanding 44% of the over 6,000 votes cast in an online poll sponsored by Iowa Congressman Tom Latham's campaign. The results of the two-week online poll (located at: onlineiowastrawpoll.com) were announced one day before Saturday's Ames Straw Poll, which is considered by most as the first real test of a presidential candidate's organizational strength in Iowa.

Iowa Internet Straw Poll

2nd - Herman Cain 16%

4th - Rick Perry 8%

7th - Sarah Palin 4%

8th - "Someone Else" 3%

9th - Rick Santorum 2%

No offense intended...and this is a legitimate question...how reliable are online polls?

Seriously, how many times did you vote? I place no value in online polls, as anyone can vote as many times as they desire. RP is gonna need to win something outside of a venue that is open to massive fraud...so far, it's a no go for him.

I'm not trying to diminish RP's potential; however, I am diminishing the value of online polls.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This thread is priceless...it has gone from

- The voters are stupid and don't know who the best candidate is, let's revoke their voting rights.
to
- The straw poll was rigged
to
- The Media isn't talking enough about Paul
to
- Well, the media is talking about Paul...but only that his followers are cult like
to
- Ok...Paul didn't lost by that much...let's call it a tie
to
- Did you see how much money Bachman spent....RON PAUL WINS!!!!

Absolutely priceless...and I expect nothing less from the Ron Paul cult.

edit on 13-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by 27jd

It may vary state to state, but as far as I know, you get a voter registration form, change your party and send it to the Board of Elections?

In many states you can do it all on the same day....declare Rep, vote, and change back to Dem or whatever all in the same visit to the voter booth.

Call your city hall, or any rep or senator..

Here in Florida, there is a county Supervisor of Elections and you can download the forms from their site and then mail them in.
Example fron Martin Counrty: www.martinvotes.com...

Startpage or "google" your county (state, county, vote) and see

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The biggest surprise for me is how poorly Romney did. The media have been ramming him down our throats since the beginning of campaign season

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just mailed in the form to change my party affiliation from Democrat to Republican

My views are more in line with Ron Paul's free market Libertarian views, but since he's running as a Republican, that's how I can vote for him in the primaries.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Romney didn't fully participate in the straw poll...his name was on the ballot...but he didn't do any organization.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So it doesn't matter that he did poorly.
edit on 13-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and I plan on voting against every single incumbent Republican. I'd do the same to Democrats, so I don't mean to start an argument.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Internet straw poll? One that lasts over 2 weeks long? Puhleeze!

That's like those internet flash ads that say you've won $1,000,000.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I'm doing the same. You can tell some people are getting worried, and I like it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The news people seem to get nervous whenever Paul is mentioned, you notice that?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just had an argument with my parents over my decision to switch from Democrat to Republican to vote for Ron Paul (they're Democrats). The horribly ironic part is that they told me I don't know what I'm doing.

....I'm voting for Ron Paul, nuff said.

link   
I seriously doubt Bachmann won that by any fair standards, considering the variables.

The ball is rolling and true democracy is showing its face. Ron Paul supporters are coming out of the woodwork!

Only 6% of people in America vote! Now are you ready to win?

I expect with Dr. Paul running that number will increase. This is a social meme of epic proportions and IMHO may very well be the most important thing many of us do in our lives, the future of our country is at stake. Now we have the chance to change all the things we've been whining and moaning about for all our lives.

This is the chance we've been waiting for, now let's take our country back!
edit on 13-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by mugger

I guess all that money Romney has isn't helping the Rhino. Ron Paul did blow it on Iran. He has improved his debating skills. Bachmann is my 2nd vote for now. What is a Stra poll anyway bachmann would win a Bra poll for sure. OP, edit this while you can

Done!
Thanks much...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Iowa Internet Straw Poll

2nd - Herman Cain 16%

4th - Rick Perry 8%

7th - Sarah Palin 4%

8th - "Someone Else" 3%

9th - Rick Santorum 2%

No offense intended...and this is a legitimate question...how reliable are online polls?

Seriously, how many times did you vote? I place no value in online polls, as anyone can vote as many times as they desire. RP is gonna need to win something outside of a venue that is open to massive fraud...so far, it's a no go for him.

I'm not trying to diminish RP's potential; however, I am diminishing the value of online polls.

You act as if Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who could possibly vote more than once.

Your argument is invalid.

And besides. What guarantee is there that actual polls are any more credible?

I don't see the guy who's counting the votes. Do you?
edit on 8/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

While not familiar with the technicalities of this particular poll, this first Iowa Online Straw was sponsored by a Congressman and contained only "unique" votes, meaning that each voter was limited to one vote.

This link shows the online poll. Voters were required to provide name, address and email address to vote.
edit on 13-8-2011 by robyn because: added link

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This thread is priceless...it has gone from

- The voters are stupid and don't know who the best candidate is, let's revoke their voting rights.
to
- The straw poll was rigged
to
- The Media isn't talking enough about Paul
to
- Well, the media is talking about Paul...but only that his followers are cult like
to
- Ok...Paul didn't lost by that much...let's call it a tie
to
- Did you see how much money Bachman spent....RON PAUL WINS!!!!

Absolutely priceless...and I expect nothing less from the Ron Paul cult.

True dat. You would've thought it was another RP thread.

But many have been predicting these types of responses for weeks now.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Aggie Man

While not familiar with the technicalities of this particular poll, this first Iowa Online Straw was sponsored by a Congressman and contained only "unique" votes, meaning that each voter was limited to one vote.

Let me know how that works...

No online poll is secure from fraud; otherwise, we wouldn't be going to polls to vote on election day. In fact, I would go so far as to say online fraud is easier than the effort it took me to reply to your comment.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join