It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yup, they're trying to brush him under the rug, but the #'s aren't lying. They're calling it a "BIG" win for Bachmann, even though she dumped alot more money, and bussed in alot more people...she won by a percentage point...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
True dat. You would've thought it was another RP thread.

We're gonna flood all the election threads as well as actual elections, best believe that.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

You act as if Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who could possibly vote more than once.

Your argument is invalid.

Was I acting?

Seriously, RP has more "fan boys/girls" who potentially would be highly motivated to stack the polls...at least in comparison to Bachmann, (et al.). Just listen to the cheers he receives at the debates....those cheers represent a very small % of the overall crowd; yet they cheer at the top of their lungs....much louder than others. My suspicion is they they vote in the online polls "at the top of their lungs" too.

Again, I'm not trying to discredit RP...just discrediting online polls...especially when everything to the contrary says so.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So, you're saying it was hacked, or whatever, with no evidence whatsoever. Got it. How do you explain his placing so close to the winner, in the straw poll? Motivated fan boys/girls couldn't hack this poll...this was the Republican base, and he received thunderous cheers and applause when he was briefly on CNN speaking this morning.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by robyn

Internet straw poll? One that lasts over 2 weeks long? Puhleeze!

That's like those internet flash ads that say you've won $1,000,000.

In case you missed my post, online voters were required to provide name, addresss and email address I would venture a guess that they were also required to be registered voters.

Gotta go now I think I won 1M! If I did you can have half

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

So, you're saying it was hacked, or whatever, with no evidence whatsoever. Got it. How do you explain his placing so close to the winner, in the straw poll? Motivated fan boys/girls couldn't hack this poll...this was the Republican base, and he received thunderous cheers and applause when he was briefly on CNN speaking this morning.

No, I'm not saying it was hacked. I'm merely saying that it is easily done.

The ease of stacking the polls in conjunction with motivation (by fan boys/girls) in conjunction with the results of every method of polling...well, it suggests that there is a high probability of fraud (for that sacred online poll).

Again (like a broken record), I'm not discrediting RP, but certainly (and justifiably so) discrediting the polling method.

How about you accept that possibility (as narrow as it may be in your mind)....and let's get back to this discussion if/when RP actually wins something of real substance? Is that too much to ask? OR, should we allow you to relish (rightfully or falsely so) in the glory of that fallible poll, while the glory "getting" is good?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
How about you accept that possibility (as narrow as it may be in your mind)....and let's get back to this discussion if/when RP actually wins something of real substance?

You're right, it is a possibility, but without anything other than it being a possibility, there's nothing more to it and the validity of the poll is not legitimately disputed. The votes could also have been transmitted online from a far away galaxy, by extraterrestrials. Just because something is possible, doesn't make it so. But we can drop it, that's fine.

Is that too much to ask? OR, should we allow you to relish (rightfully or falsely so) in the glory of that fallible poll, while the glory "getting" is good?

As a Paul supporter, the glory today has nothing to do with the online poll. It has to do with him running neck and neck, in a fairly important GOP event, with the very narrow winner who bussed in more people, more money, and is from IA. The crowd there is the republican base, and he did extremely well. A lot of people seem taken aback.
edit on 13-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

How about you accept that possibility (as narrow as it may be in your mind)....and let's get back to this discussion if/when RP actually wins something of real substance? Is that too much to ask? OR, should we allow you to relish (rightfully or falsely so) in the glory of that fallible poll, while the glory "getting" is good?

The glory is exactly what I think RP can bring back to this country. The reason I am so excited about it, though I can't speak for everyone, is because I have never in my life seen such a good man come out of the political scene and run for president, hes been there all along, but hes different. It may sound so naive and hopeful, but that is exactly what it is, we NEED to put this man in office and there is no time to spare. Our livelihood and the future of our children is at stake, the lives of countless military men and woman, not to mention foreigners, is at stake.

I understand your need to be pessimistic (sorry right word?) toward such blatant faith on ATS, but it's rather important I think.

Also, hes getting rather old and may be the last chance we have for an honest and intelligent president.

Edit: Sorry if I responded out of turn.
edit on 13-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

No, I'm not saying it was hacked. I'm merely saying that it is easily done.

The ease of stacking the polls in conjunction with motivation (by fan boys/girls) in conjunction with the results of every method of polling...well, it suggests that there is a high probability of fraud (for that sacred online poll).

Again (like a broken record), I'm not discrediting RP, but certainly (and justifiably so) discrediting the polling method.

Well.....with that ALL said, VOTING too is subject,to being rigged.......Doesnt matter anyway.I for one am going to vote once,and vote for the person I believe stands by his honest,and libertarian principles. Tired of the same ol' Dems and Repubs,with the same song and dance thats been played for decades. Are you not tired of the repeated BS? Vote for some real change,Aggie........
At least I will sleep well,knowing I tried to make a difference for America.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

True dat. You would've thought it was another RP thread.

We're gonna flood all the election threads as well as actual elections, best believe that.

Bring it on!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

reply to post by robyn

Internet straw poll? One that lasts over 2 weeks long? Puhleeze!

That's like those internet flash ads that say you've won $1,000,000.

In case you missed my post, online voters were required to provide name, addresss and email address I would venture a guess that they were also required to be registered voters.

I doubt very much that they were required to be registered voters. And my email app allows me to have up to 12 accounts. And my name? Pick one

Gotta go now I think I won 1M! If I did you can have half

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Re: " thunderous cheers and applause when he was briefly on CNN speaking this morning".

I know -- the camera panned in on them....about a dozen people with signs in the nosebleed seats.

But what does "thunderous cheers and applause" really tell us, anyway?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

i really wish you would quit saying "boys/girls" - it seems kind of like a backhanded, subtle insult. i support Ron Paul, and I am a fully grown woman - 40 years of age, actually. I majored in Political Science AND went to Law School, thank you very much.

I take umbrage to the way you keep saying that, because, 1. you are putting it out there that in order for one to support Ron Paul, one would have to be young and therefore naive, and; 2. even if Ron Paul supporters WERE all "boy and girls" - is it NOT their futures in the balance here? This would be the crap they are inheriting. Not to mention, that if an 18 year old is considered old enough to go fight and die for this country, then certainly their political opinions should not be discounted as "oh, you don;t know what you are talking about you're just a little boy or little girl" (which is precisely the air that comes across in your seemingly backhanded insult).

As for the online polls being set up more like a battle of the bands-esque, get all your friends to post from all their nine billion hotmail accounts... i can see the point you are trying to make. But the fact is that the man took second in the actual Straw Poll, which is a pretty good victory for a grassroots campaign. This isn't funded by corporate donations, this is funded by regular people, most of them struggling and BROKE, and/or small business owners, who are slowly but surely being choked and strangled out of their businesses.

As i stated earlier, Dr. Paul will run for the presidency no matter what. Now that he is no longer running to keep his seat in the House, he does NOT have to continue to run as a Republican. Anyone with any knowledge of how politics works knows that this is going to end just like this: Obama (D), Rick Perry (R), Ron Paul (I), no matter WHAT the polls say. And Rick Perry knows this as well, which is why he didn't give a rat's a$$ about this poll or even putting his name in the hat FOR this poll. Just the fact that he announced his entrance ON THE DAY OF the straw poll results shows you that he is flicking boogers at the whole process. Politics is a money game. Perry has the money behind him, I promise you.

But Paul making second... just on the hard earned donations of the common man? now THAT is an accomplishment and Paul supporters have the right to celebrate. Even if they are girls and boys.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

i really wish you would quit saying "boys/girls" - it seems kind of like a backhanded, subtle insult.

Don't blame me for utilizing common syntax...."fanboy" or "fangirl"...that is a common term. Yet, I have never heard the term "fanman" or "fanwoman"...it's just a figure of speech, nothing more. It's not intended to offend. Here's an idea...how about you popularize the terms "fanman" and "fanwoman"...they are all yours for the taking...run with them, implement them into the American vernacular...take full credit...

Untill those phrases are a main-stay in American pop-culture, then I will stand by the more recognizable phrasing: "fanboy" and "fangirl".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I dont know what to believe
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

i don't keep up with the current popular middle school terms. sorry.

you could have at least addressed even one single other point in my post so as to stay on topic here.... a whole post just to justify your insult seems like a waste of a post.

anyway ---- as for Paul's responses to the Iran thing, i agree with the person earlier who said that his answers may have turned a few people off. While i "get" what he was saying about WHY iran would WANT to have a nuke or two (they re surrounded by countries who all have nukes, and they aren't the most liked kid on the block, i think i'd want at least a bee-bee gun myself. lol) - i don't think that the masses in American are ready for that kind of logic. People have been inundated with SO MUCH fear mongering about the "evil people of the middle east" that it is still a very touchy subject. I think Dr. Paul should really roll back on that approach and remember what a sensitive subject that is for many Americans.

As for Bachman - man, i give her much congratulations on winning the straw poll. and as a woman, i can appreciate the fact that she is now the first woman to ever win the straw poll. But i will not be voting for her. Too many people that run for office, once in office, use that office to promote the agendas of their former employers, and I have no intention of supporting the IRS with my votes. It's bad enough I have to support them with my paycheck.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I am so sick of this idiocracy. Ron Paul is clearly the most fit candidate, yet the media is pushing Romney, Bachmann, and Perry.

I blame the stupid sheeple. They should have their voting rights revoked, so only the smart people can vote. Leave the voting to the adults, children because you are obviously too stupid to make your own decisions.
edit on 13-8-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

I'm a Ron Paul supporter but I won't even dare to call someone who votes for someone I disagree with "stupid." It's called America. You have your opinions and your rights to vote for whomever. Ron Paul is a great politician, but he isn't God.

His "die hard supporters" need to get over themselves sometimes because it's making the rest of his fan base seem like illogical stuck up snobs.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

You act as if Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who could possibly vote more than once.

Your argument is invalid.

Was I acting?

Seriously, RP has more "fan boys/girls" who potentially would be highly motivated to stack the polls...at least in comparison to Bachmann, (et al.). Just listen to the cheers he receives at the debates....those cheers represent a very small % of the overall crowd; yet they cheer at the top of their lungs....much louder than others. My suspicion is they they vote in the online polls "at the top of their lungs" too.

Again, I'm not trying to discredit RP...just discrediting online polls...especially when everything to the contrary says so.

Fan boys and Fan girls? Are you serious?

What nicknames do you call those who support Bachmann and the rest?

And oh no, he receives cheers from supporters! This makes them more likely to vote more than once in online polls!

So, Bachmann's supporters and the rest are totally immune to this, because their supporters don't cheer?

And yes, you are trying to discredit him. Saying that you aren't, doesn't change the fact. Your post speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Yeah, I can see how that dumbfounded some of the flock. It is hard to see Iran for anything else than the media wants you to see. You would of had to do your own research as well to agree with that point.

In fact, I think he should keep hammering things like this. The more it comes out the more obvious it should be, IMO. But I could be dead wrong there.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I'm a Ron Paul supporter but I won't even dare to call someone who votes for someone I disagree with "stupid." It's called America. You have your opinions and your rights to vote for whomever. Ron Paul is a great politician, but he isn't God.

His "die hard supporters" need to get over themselves sometimes because it's making the rest of his fan base seem like illogical stuck up snobs.

Focus on the opposition, Obama, and everyone stop making a circular inward firing squad.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join