It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

register

Register Republican to Vote for Ron Paul in Republican Primary
edit on 13-8-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Still, the media will talk nonstop on Bachmann Bachmann Bachmann and won't even mention Paul. Heck, they haven't yet, while touching on all the other candidates.

Fox News has, finally, been mentioning him frequently. Though they do dismiss him rather quickly still, in my opinion. However, I do think it will increase some of his support. Well, if we don't have that hope then what do we have?

link   
reply to post by mossme89

It may vary state to state, but as far as I know, you get a voter registration form, change your party and send it to the Board of Elections?

link   
It's not surprising she kept throwing it in their faces that she was from Iowa and played on their religious beliefs. But I don't put much into a straw poll that you had to pay 30 bucks to be able to vote in. In the past this poll was meaningless because the people who won it never came close to getting the nomination.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I put a link,top of the page......

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's Fox's response to Ron Paul winning the poll:

Maybe this isn't so bad after all...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sweet.

This really is encouraging news, it was a matter of a couple hundred, and she supposedly bussed in 2000 more...if that's true, he essentially did win.
edit on 13-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Stargate2012

No way.........Obama is not going to be 2 term President. His own Party is slowly,and methodically stepping back....Hope and Change......and none in sight my friend.......

Oh believe me, he has a serious shot of winning again. The Democrats are vicious in their campaigning. They will dig dirty on anyone who is a threat to Obama. His base will still be there no matter what. They aren't going to switch over and vote Republican. Obama will paint the picture of class warfare as he is doing now. It is like Hitler. He won and was powerful because he picked a group to scapegoat (the Jews) for their economic problems, and the dumb sheep believed everything he said. Too many dumb Americans out there that the majority of them probably don't know who the VP of the U.S. is. So yeah, Obama could easily win again. Nobody can compete with his campaign fundraising dollars. And if you got the money, and more so than the other people, you will WIN!

link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I blame the stupid sheeple. They should have their voting rights revoked, so only the smart people can vote.

Really? Define stupid, please.

How about we revoke the voting rights of the "geniuses" instead? It's a damn good thing that you and your type don't run this country...at least me and my kind welcome your "stupid" voting preferences. I want RP to bring it with every ounce of his being...that is what it's all about. Not silencing the opposition; rather welcoming the challenge.

link   
I call it a virtual tie for first. MSNBC has the numbers...
Ames Poll Results

16,892 votes total

4823 - Bachmann (28.55%)
4671 - Paul (27.65%)

150 vote difference (.9%)

Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!!

Must register Republican to vote in the Republican Primary. I changed mine.
edit on 13-8-2011 by robyn because: format

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Taking everything into consideration Michele Bachmann should have won this Ames Straw Poll overwhelmingly.

1. She was born in Waterloo, IA, the home state effect immediately kicks in. I notice, at least on general election politics, this can give you a 5-7% jump.
2. She is a Congresswoman from a neighboring state (Minnesota), that usually also gives you a bump. Just check out Tim Pawlenty’s results here.
3. She dumped about twice as much, if not more, money into Iowa than Ron Paul did, that also gives you a bump, of course.

So if you take into consideration all of the above and her still 150 vote lead over Paul it really equates to a triumphant win for our Ron Paul campaign.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Taking everything into consideration Michele Bachmann should have won this Ames Straw Poll overwhelmingly.

So if you take into consideration all of the above and her still 150 vote lead over Paul it really equates to a triumphant win for our Ron Paul campaign.

Just some food for thought.

Yeah, lol, especially in 2-3 days when they find those other ballots or do a recount and RP has really won.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not watching the corporate funded media so I'm not sure of the spin. But I hazard a guess that had Bachmann "lost" by 150 votes, the headlines would read, "Bachmann ties for 1st".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It may vary state to state, but as far as I know, you get a voter registration form, change your party and send it to the Board of Elections?

In many states you can do it all on the same day....declare Rep, vote, and change back to Dem or whatever all in the same visit to the voter booth.

Call your city hall, or any rep or senator..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree Misoir.
I wonder what percentage of the people voting in this poll were women? I would love to see how the votes came down by gender.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Let's see how Bachman handles the pressure of being a frontrunner. I think it's a good thing that Dr. Paul finished as high as he did losing by less than 200 votes, the media can't exactly say it means nothing. Either way, the media was going to marginalize Dr. Paul, at least this way we get some credibility. I really think the more pressure Bachman is under, the quicker she fades away. This was her "hometown", she gave away a lot more tickets than the Paul campaign and just barely eeked out a first place finish. Now things get interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
2nd place is actually a pretty great accomplishments for a purely GRASSROOTS campaign. this was a win for Ron Paul, on many levels.

And let's not forget, that he will run for Presidency no matter what. Since he is not putting his hat back in the ring for his seat in the House, he is not required to run as Republican, so he can run third party. While it would be nice to see him win these polls, it is not as important as the debates that go along with them. the debates are a way for Ron Paul to get his message out there (since MSM sure won't assist in that endeavor) so the masses know what he is about. Polls or no polls, he is going to run for the Presidency, I'm sure. What does he have to lose, he will no longer be sitting in Congress anyway.

Also, as for the sheeple... most of them don't really care about CNN or CNBC anyway, they generally get their news from their friends' Facebook statuses.... they don't rally pull themselves away from Farmville long enough to watch the news. So IF you have a facebook, just keep putting Paul out there in your status, and do exactly what the mainstream does, word it to make it sound like he has already won... we have already all seen how that little psychological tactic works like a charm

Viva la R(evol)ution!

edit on 13-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Bachman, being a woman, is going to get dragged across the rocks. she better hope she has NEVER had a one night stand or one too many margaritas or something. The dems are going to RAPE her in the media. It's inevitable.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I guess all that money Romney has isn't helping the Rhino. Ron Paul did blow it on Iran. He has improved his debating skills. Bachmann is my 2nd vote for now. What is a Stra poll anyway bachmann would win a Bra poll for sure. OP, edit this while you can

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Just the fact that she tends to wear her religion on her sleeve is enough to make a lot of liberals dislike her.
JMO A lot of liberals that I know ARE religious, but they don't think it should be a flag that they carry and plant like it is some sort of righteous claim everywhere they go before they have a seat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join