It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Intentions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If I were an alien I would be wondering what all this hierarchy thing was all about
because it dosn't stop chaos it causes it.
Where is the hierarchy in nature (" please don't say god ") and nature gets along fine dispite us trying to destroy it.
I said please don't say god because believers think that god wouldnot be smart enough to create something that could evolve.

If you think that the smartest people on the planet are the highest paid, you are wrong they are the most devious so stop looking up to them and make this planet better.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

While it's good to use our own actions as a prediction to others, that assumes they think like us.

The problem with thought, as we humans have no experience in dealing with because we all think similarly, is that just one change in the evolutionary history can cause epics of waves to be altered in their history.

Say for example, this creature evolved on a methane-hydrogen planet. This creature may never have seen stars. May never have evolved a natural need to explore. All the world would be a haze, and they may become isolationist because they cannot see that far. When seeing our planet, they would need suits to breathe, and may pass us off as nothing more than strange and an anomaly. They'd go for Titan.

We just cannot honestly assume anything. We are but a single water molecule in a pond, and when someone grasps to find us, we fall out with tons of others.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
All of your reasons are valid since there are many species of Aliens presently interacting with Earth. See:www.montalk.net...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I couldn't even get past your very first sentence...

First of let me say I do believe in Aliens, although am skeptical that they have ever visited Earth

Well, scientists did long ago, and now even the most pessemistic of people (*cough* Vatican *cough*) have come forward in recent years and acknowledged that it 'IS likely that intelligent life does exist, elsewhere in the Universe' (and, that such a belief does not necessarily negate a belief in God)...

Here's the problem with that [and modern day UFO sightings]...

Most scientists also agree that it is highly IMprobable that we would ever make contact with such life simply because the vastness of space between us and another communicable civilization, and the unlikeliness that we would even be detected as we've only been emitting radio waves for such a short time (relatively speaking) that the odds of another intelligent lifeform detecting us would be astronomically (pun intended) small.

Unless... The Advanced Civs that are (may) be here, now, would likely only be doing so because they had already been here, before, as they were (likely) the ones that seeded us here, to begin with.

Therefor, in conclusion, modern sightings of UFOs, all but automatically imply ancient visitation, by default.

I don't think of them as 'aliens'. I think of (some of) them as *ancestors*.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
They have replicators that can make any resource -- even gold. They don't need to mine our resources.
They have eliminated pollution and terraformed all of their planets and moons.
They could indeed wipe us all out with a single virus just as settlers did to the Native Americans. They haven't.
They do have androids and they don't need humans as slave workers.
However, we are like pets to them. They do treat us better and more respectfully than we treat our own pets.
They have replicators that make the food they need to sustain themselves. They don't eat people.
They do implant things in us and track us in order to gather data.
They study us and they are entertained by our personal dramas.
We are like zoo animals to them. But we are treated better than zoo animals.
They don't have to cut us open to study our physiology. Nor are implants painful, just psychologically painful.
Most abduction scenarios are just painful night terrors. But night terrors are used to mask real abductions.
They have been here since the beginning of human civilization.
They have not changed us, injected their DNA into us, nor advanced us. That would violate their Prime Directive.
They have an active interest in preventing us from destroying ourselves.
They are warning us about our nuclear weapons and the loss of political freedoms and free speech.
They are not here to contact us publicly. Nor have they contacted our governments.
Humans from our future cohabit with beings from their future.
They time travel together to observe our past.
There are no terrestrial hollow earth beings.
However, they live underground and under the sea.
Humans are the most advanced species on our planet.
They can hypnotize us.
They can convince the entire world that evidence of an autopsy or a sighting or a photo or a video is fake.
We will just all assume that it is all fake unless we have strong wills.
Not every bit of evidence is covered up. They want to suggest to us the possibility that they are here but will forbid absolute proof.
Humans who believe they are the only advanced sentient species in the universe or that other species would not have a head start in developing superior technology -- are not very intelligent and have not considered the mathematical odds.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They all visit our establishment they view whats on our menu, they hastly decide not to bother and make a quick sharp exit, kind of like when you walk into a dirty restaurant, i guess when we get visited by the ones with bad taste contact will be made

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by micmac08

Ha, ha micmac08,

Thanks for the message. Yes, I know who you are.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree in many of the points u made, but, this is how the Human logic understands the intentions of an alien race, I think that the logic of such advanced alien civilization cannot be necessarily like our logic. so we may not fully understand their intentions anyway

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I also believe the ET's arrive on Earth to mainly communicate with the human race. They also love to hunt for fossils, for there museums and kiddies back home.

Cheers,

Erno86

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Aliens will very likely be hostile, for various reasons, including some mentioned in the OP.

1) It's nature that species live off ( -> eat) weaker species...it's like this on Earth, there is no reason that the same rule would not apply to the whole universe.
2) Aliens would show the same "respect" as we show to our own animals, eg. we eat them, we say animals have no soul they are "less worth" because they are supposedly "inferior".

3) If they developed interstellar travel - think about WHY. Do they conduct interstellar travel because they want to give presents to all other beings they encounter on their way? Highly unlikely.

4) Anything/Everything which is "different" by nature is at first always be seen as a thread. Heck we cannot even deal with other races, colors, religions etc. It's sad, but it's how nature is. What can be more "different" than Aliens?

If they developed and do interstellar travel - then in all likelihood for a good reason, the reason is in all likelihood for THEIR benefit (otherwise they wouldn't do it.)

Don't be naive please!

Also..ask yourself why on our OWN planet each species/animal which is stronger than a human is a potential thread. Would you go in the midst of a bunch of lions, crocodiles, bears, sharks etc.? But Aliens are supposed to be friendly? Nonsense.
edit on 13-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

That's quite a negative view on life and phrased in such dismissive tones. 'Nonsense' huh? 'Naive?

3) If they developed interstellar travel - think about WHY. Do they conduct interstellar travel because they want to give presents to all other beings they encounter on their way? Highly unlikely.

There are many reasons why civilisations would want to develop interstellar travel. Few of them would be as simplistic as wanting to 'give presents' or conquer other worlds. Between those extremes are exploration, scientific research, curiosity and motivations we may only conceive of in the future.

Take the space race as an example. It was driven by competition between superpowers and yet the cosmo/astronauts were men of science. Our probes are there to extend our knowledge and the 100s of satellites we've put in orbit are mostly for communication and scientific study; only a minority are there for military purposes.

Our own Solar System doesn't have other bodies that can sustain complex life, but it's possible that other systems have plural moons or planets capable of sustaining life. If this was the case in our system, it would present a profound incentive to travel there. The birth of interstellar travel could be inspired by such a system...

Likewise, our history has been pretty violent and progress has frequently been driven by necessities of war. This doesn't mean that we are forever doomed to conflict. In centuries from now we might have overcome this and look back on these periods as stepping stones. Who's to say a visiting intelligence couldn't eventually have passed through similar stages?

The extremists and hawks of humanity don't represent all of us. I'd estimate that the middle of the bell-curve prefers exploration for its own sake rather than exploitation and conquest. Chances are there are intelligent explorers out there who fall within the curve instead of out on the extremes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Aliens will very likely be hostile, for various reasons, including some mentioned in the OP.

1) It's nature that species live off ( -> eat) weaker species...it's like this on Earth, there is no reason that the same rule would not apply to the whole universe.
2) Aliens would show the same "respect" as we show to our own animals, eg. we eat them, we say animals have no soul they are "less worth" because they are supposedly "inferior".

4) Anything/Everything which is "different" by nature is at first always be seen as a thread. Heck we cannot even deal with other races, colors, religions etc. It's sad, but it's how nature is. What can be more "different" than Aliens?

1) It's -OUR- nature on Earth where species live off weaker species. And that does not even include all of the species on our planet. And conversely, there is no reason that the same rules -WOULD- apply to the whole universe just because it is so on our own planet.

3) If they have developed interstellar travel, they may simply want to explore. You said in # 1 that if something happens on earth, why can't it be true for the rest of the universe. Well, we here on Earth are explorers. Why wouldn't they be?

4) We DO deal with other races, colors and religions, and we are most likely FAR younger a race than an alien civilization with interstellar travel would be.

And 5) It's pretty lame to tell others not to be naive, like you are "the authority" on the subject.

Cheers folks.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
this all would depend on the level of advancement of an alien species. a certain alien type might be of such significant advancement, that worthwhile interaction can never take place (greys). others slightly less advanced groups would probably no doubt know of the other and respect their direction.

development of higher brain function usually reduces primal instinct. a vastly superior race might very likely be in most regards benevolent. which would put them in a role of "overseer" and "protector" of all lesser species. when we are ready to join civilizations similar to our own, the overseers will stay away from us, but would also impose their directive upon us in regards to lesser developed races.

I can not imagine any type of creature advancing enough to transverse the distances of space only for consumption and domination, its rather pointless.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Well then we are going to be waiting a hell of a long time.

It's not up to aliens to come down the ladder and help us up it.

It's our job tohelp ourselves out and rise to the occasion!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Judging by the rest of our Solar System the Earth must be rarely endowed with an abundance of life. It is a crazy riot around here in the midst of untold desolation, what else you going to take a look at?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Last week news online said that anti matter in a band around the Earth was discovered, which UFOs can use to refeul their craft...
I always liked the zoo idea, but we are also rich in DNA for them to play with.
Maybe leaving their own planet because of boredom, or loss of their planet or resources. They might need a vaction away from their own problems looking for excitement and adveture filled with educational opportunities. Water, gold, DNA, meat, chlorophil, iridium, anti matter, fossil hunting, archeology,looking at cars, trains, boats, airplanes, bridges, dams, space program, volcanos, oceans, breeding, slaves, animal collecting, plant collecting, planetary domination, a new home, friendship, the list could be endless...
edit on 13-8-2011 by frugal because: sp

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Lots of great dicussion here, thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'd like to comment/rebuttal the idea that space is just too vast for an alien species to find us. I've seen it mentioned a couple times. First off I think we can all agree that intelligent life must exist somewhere in the Universe, and I think it would be safe to assume that at some point Alien races have interacted with eachother before even if not with humans. However it is just as likely for an Alien race to find us as it is for an Alien race to find another non Earth race somewhere else. So the possibility of a race finding us is no different.

Even now we humans have satellites in place searching the skies for planets that can potentially support life. We can determine the type of atmosphere based on the light reflected from the planet, similar to a analyzing the spectrum of colors in a Rainbow. So it is not like an Alien needs to stop off at every planet and solar system to find us, they would already have collected a list of planets that are most likely to support life. In our case we only have a handful of satellites doing this, whereas an advanced race could have hundreds,thousands, or millions of more advanced telescopes and drones doing this.

If you watch Michio Kaku you may already know his theory on how type 2/3 civilizations explore a galaxy. Essentially they create a self replicating robot to explore planets. The robot lands on a planet uses the minerals available to replicate itself and start sending out more drones. The process then continues exponentially.
edit on 13-8-2011 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by centrifugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

great answer. but i wonder if they have a rating system, and whether or not we meet the standards t ob e saved.

hope so!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Level 3 civilizations.?.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To travel to other worlds could be a matter of survival.

Our population and our use of the finite resources of planet Earth are growing exponentially, along with our technical ability to change the environment for good or ill. But our genetic code still carries the selfish and aggressive instincts that were of survival advantage in the past. It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand or million. Our only chance of long term survival, is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth, but to spread out into space.
Source: Stephen Hawking www.spacequotes.com...

Why should it be any different for an alien civilisation, especially one far older than our own?
edit on 14/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join