It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Intentions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
From a previous account, before I decided to use my real name :

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Some ideas to help keep people's minds open if there's any reality to them :

Abilities :

a) can change dimensions.
b) alter time.
c) alter reality.
d) cloak themselves.
e) shapeshift.
f) change Human perception,
g) alter feelings, thoughts and memories.
h) can program our minds and/or bodies with certain information, thoughts, feelings, memories, (and/or can remove and/or alter memories.) habits, sensations or perceptions.
i) a mixture of the above.

Origins :

Could be Aliens from another place in the universe, or from a dimension near Earth and have been here longer, the same time as, or for a shorter time than Humans have. Could be Humans that are from Earth that have evolved further than us, or a different species from Earth that's evolved past us in some ways or all ways. Or could be a mixture.

Could be working with :

a) members of governments.
b) some members of the public.
c) Aliens from other places.
d) a species that's evolved past us in some or all ways from this planet.
e) any mixture of the above.

Activities. Could be :

a) keeping us at a certain level.
b) helping us evolve.
c) working with us for scientific, technological, psychological or spiritual reasons, or a mixture.
d) wanting to use our energy in certain ways.
e) wanting to use our bodies in certain ways.
f) just watching us evolve while not interfering.
g) protecting us from another/several other species.
h) helping another/several other species attack us.
i) attacking both ourselves and another/several other species.
j) protecting both ourselves and another/several other species.
k) just watching us evolve and protecting the planet and/or other animals.
l) just watching us evolve and protecting the solar system, bigger area for certain reasons.
m) just watching us evolve and protecting another dimension/other dimensions.
n) any mixture of the above.

I felt at the time that I'd covered the bases, if there's anything I've missed please let us know.
edit on 12-8-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

You forgot the "Mars Needs Moms" possibility, (to quote the recent kids' movie). It's quite possible they NEED us for them to survive. If all those abduction stories are true, (with women returning with missing fetuses), then it's possible that hybridizing is taking place to correct some type of reproductive issues on their end.

All in all, though, if we want to get technical, ALL of those scenarios exist in realities not our own. The question is, which one of those is in ours? It's not until each of us "observers" expect a specific outcome, that one of those possibilities will manifest in each of our own realities. This is the same concept as to why I feel all predictions and prophecies are true. They do most certainly come to fruition, but if the "hearer" of the prediction or prophecy does not expect to see it come to pass, then they will move on to a reality in which it didn't, while another reality exists in which it did. Hence, having the "faith of a mustard seed"...the observer effect has the ability to literally manipulate and create in the physical world, just by expecting a particular outcome.

So, basically, in my reality, as I type this...whatever I expect our aliens to be, they will be! The rest of you will go on to whatever reality you expect. Interesting concept, no?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You will never know until they come here and tell you.

That about sums it up. The rest is just our best guesses.

We can pretty much grasp what's going on according to our level of awareness. Not saying we have a clue yet, but that might change in the future if they're real. It might get to the point that they arrive simply to confirm what we already have a good idea of in the future before we start communicating.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You forgot the predator theory.
We would make good game for aliens that are trophy hunters or maybe they simply want to experiment with new ways of eliminating parasitic organism before they infect the universe.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Exciting times.

Try to be patient and stay open to the possibilities.
edit on 12-8-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
You forgot the predator theory.
We would make good game for aliens that are trophy hunters or maybe they simply want to experiment with new ways of eliminating parasitic organism before they infect the universe.

I was actually thinking about that one. I guess it doesn't really fall into the farming category since the predator theory is more for game. The benefit to the Aliens would be personal thrill of hunting us I guess lol. I don't actually believe this one but it is definitely plausible since some humans would do it to other races if given the chance.

Sometimes we forget that Aliens would likely have different social groups and factions. Even if there were some form of united nations certain factions would inevitably branch off and create different colonies. So one day we get visited by the Natzi party, and another day we get visited by the Canadians. Or as just mentioned a group of hunters show up looking for some fun.... Aliens are probably more similar to us than we like to believe. It could just be wishful thinking on my part but I would have to assume the dominant and most advanced faction/group would be offering some kind of protection for us. I assume that because that is how I see Human culture evolving(eventually).

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
First of let me say I do believe in Aliens, although am skeptical that they have ever visited Earth. I just wanted to discuss what some possible intentions of Aliens could be. I will cover a few well known theories I and explain what I agree and disagree with.

If they are coming for resources the only logical resources to exploit are biological, not physical, which can be more easily extracted from asteroids.

The complexity and sophistication of biology could still be very attractive to ETs who may not be able to magically synthesize the stupendous diversity of molecules produced on a planet with a billion year old ecology.

You forgot the "Mars Needs Moms" possibility, (to quote the recent kids' movie). It's quite possible they NEED us for them to survive. If all those abduction stories are true, (with women returning with missing fetuses), then it's possible that hybridizing is taking place to correct some type of reproductive issues on their end.

Possibly. Or possibly they are breeding slaves (or concubines) --- wild type humans might not survive, and may be untameable from their point of view.

That would be a pretty good reason for ETs to keep quiet about their intentions, since if average people knew they would shoot the mf'ers on sight.

My personally favorite out-of-the-box theory is that the ETs who are coming here are using Earth's biological materials to produce illegal narcotics. The ETs are not afraid of us, they are afraid of ET cops and that's why they're furtive.

edit on 13-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If we assume that Aliens exist in the format of they're visiting us and looking
at our species via experimenting and medical means, we could possibly assume
that they are merely curious -as we are when checking out other species on our
planet.
There may be no 'big' agenda or grand plan except to monitor our growth as the
'top-of-the-tree' race of bipeds.

I know many here bring in the old chestnuts of 'The Galactic Federation' or 'Zeta
-Reticulian Council' but I believe that's just folk trying to get a human-handle on this
subject.

Personally, I think it's a mix of secret craft being tested by humans and charlatans
attempting to fleece their own.
Makes you proud to be human, nuh?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I do believe that they are here, and that when the time is right they will show themselves to be a benevolent species, here for one reason, and that is to save us from...well, from us.

We have strayed. Our values have declined, and we have little respect for this planet and the creatures we share it with.

I dont know about you, but my values have not declined, the people that we elect to lead us , now that is another statement!. This is where the problem lies, they sprout morality to the masses and then tell us all how we should be behaving, whilst they then do the opposite and try to tell us it is all fine, and of course when they get caught with hands in the till or in someones knickers, then they are removed and replaced with someone else of the same ilk, bought and paid for.

There are 6.9 billion people in the world(or thereabouts) and the whole worlds resources are commanded by 6000 people, and we let them dictate to us, if we all just said no, and refused all this crap, then game over, time for new game, but the masses are still unable to be awoken enough to see through the veil.

If indeed they were here and benevolent, would they not stop most of the bad things that happen in this world to this day, i mean with time travel etc, they could just pop back a little , fix it all and we would be none the wiser would we? and yet, here we are! or perhaps it will be something like the "v" series, wait till we are on the verge, then come in as a helping hand, then store everyone for food lol.

Who knows anymore, however, bad things would not happen if we were being encouraged along a good path period, and the morals must be bad if they had to teach us by letting us make mistakes, i.e fukushima, you would have to be pretty sick to let that teach us a lesson, i thought that is what chernobyl would have , should have done!. And yet we continue allowing this BS from tptb.

Enough said i think. . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
wouldn't that be really weird if they were us? time travel !
and maybe we eventually completely manage to change the earth by pollution and they are coming back like guided bus tours to see trees and animals that are extinct in their time?

Reminds me of this fake blog or journal I read a long time ago supposedly written by this guy who invented time travel. He gets abducted by your typical grey "aliens" only to find out that they're evolved humans from the future. He even ends up falling in love with one if I remember correctly
and has a great big adventure with lots of mystery and intrigue. Sounds stupid but it was actually a pretty fun read.

I just spent 30 minutes trying to find the damned thing, but my Google Fu is too weak
I'll keep looking, maybe edit this post if I find it. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I read it on ATS, but I just can't find the stoopid thing!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

consider this , planet earth has reached an advanced stage of technology in the distant past , but some catastrophy is threatening the earth .

mankind builds vast underground shelters and space craft to try and save as many of the people as possible.
some of the space craft manage to find a new planet to settle on whilst the others in the shelters try and wait out the catastrophy .
many years pass and the people in the shelters emerge to find total devastation and have to start all over again
passing down stories to their children of a time when they lived inside the earth .

whilst on the other hand the people that settled on the other planet had faired a little better because they had the technicians and scientists with them .

given the lenght of time that these two peoples have been apart and had developed in different ways .
even having different immune systems and ways of life , we would now look on them as aliens .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The most obvious intention to me, first thing on top of my head, is a completely different one than all that you listed. Imagine US being the aliens, some thousand years into the future, having achieved space flight at such an advanced level, and finding a really "young" civilization by our standards. What would be the reasons for us to go there?

To study their own history, is what i think. We may very well be at the stage their own civilization was some thousands of years ago, and while they may have some recordings of it, large blanks exist in their understanding of how they used to handle things. So they come here, to get their answers. This may also explain why they do not want to make "first contact" official with us, so as not to disturb us in our natural progression/evolution. Maybe they have done this mistake several times before with other civilizations, which happened to be a big mistake. So, maybe their "archeologists" and "historians" or equivalent are actually the ones coming here, dropping some probes, retrieving some information, then leaving to chronicle this in their vast datastores. To fill in the blanks.

Or course, this also probably means that they are pretty similar to us.
edit on 13-8-2011 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Hopi speak of the katsinyam (light beings) and the kakyakyauna ("ungodly ones") and everything in between. Before the next and fifth purification of our Mother the Earth, the kakyakyauna will attempt to remove all humans off the surface of our Mother using FEAR by telling us that the Earth is ending and for us to board their ships. And they will lure us into space/time with the LURE (and LIE) of immortality. This is referred to in the Bible Revelations as the "abomination of desolation". The Hopi oral traditions speak of all the great cities of this current fourth world being emptied of people such that "'many pahana (Caucasians) will disappear in Time. He will lock his doors and windows and leave his cities empty and without caretakers. The streets will be deserted, the wind will blow and nobody will be in the pahana streets to hear the wind. If there is a field of Corn, one ear of Corn will remain."

source: mountzion144.ning.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aaronez

That sounds like a scare tactic so that people will be suspicious of aliens whenever or if they ever appear here. I am pretty certain no proof or evidence to back this up exists.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You've written an excellent first thread here. Nice work.

If we use somewhere like the Galapagos Islands as an analogy, it allows for a wider range of possibilities.

The islands have their own autonomy, but are administered from off-shore by Ecuador and fall within the protection of Ecuador's military.

The islands have been used by pirates, whale traders, Spanish Catholics and European settlers.

Thanks to Trade Winds, the Islands were sometimes used by passing ships to rest and restock resources.

The USAF built a base there and later gave it to Ecuador.

Scientists have used flora and fauna on the island to test their theories and hypotheses and to compare natural selection in one region to that in another.

International efforts are made to ensure ecological security and to prevent too much human exploitation.

In any one month, visitors to the islands include tourists, scientists, media crews, authors, artists and students from many different places.

'Alien intentions' could therefore be expressed in many ways for many reasons. The islands aren't a threat to anyone in their area and, other than biodiversity, they have no resources worth conquering for. There's a steady trickle of research coming from there and if the islanders looked to be getting dangerous, Ecuador would intervene covertly, militarily or politically. We can hit up You Tube and watch footage of the strange niche ecology and what the locals do culturally.

Most of the Hostile theories mentioned above offer no advantage to a superior race. Unless a serial killer version of ET decides to visit Earth. Although that would before more a psychological disorder.

In this analogy, there are elements of indifference and benevolence and no organised hostility. In the course of history, some of the visitors (particularly uneducated sailors) have attacked the wildlife, but they remain in the minority.

Cool OP

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nice thread , and for some reason I think that all those theories are indeed stupid to think that thats it.
But there has to be something that those who visit earth want from us.

Like Michio kaku once said you got 3 or 4 classes of civilizations and I think highest of those, do rule the universe so there has to be some kind of hierarchy to make order out of the chaos , the lower classes , I think those have the task to maintain the order in our solar system. I also think if they visit our planet its merely curiosity or registration or replenish their energies to sub stain their ships.

Can Imagine that there also alien scientist and archaeologist's that visit our earth to study our biological life. why not we do the same with ants, and we don't talk to our ants right?

So for me I think that they do visit us but don't see fit to directly communicate with us , but if you are in sort of interest to them they will! So keep out of sight otherwise you wonder your whole life what they wanted from you, and thats frustrating!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How does one speculate on the intentions of those who one never met and has no verfiable knowledge of? All such speculation can only be a projection of the speculator's own intentions/wishes. It reveals nothing about the aliens while revealing a lot about those engaging in the speculation.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I have the theory you didn't mention.
Bible Compliance Theory
There are no aliens, there are angels and demons

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos made an interesting analogy (paraphrase):

As humans are to a pet cat/dog -- ET's are to humans (we being the pet animal)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Is there lower gravity underground?

You would have to go way , way under ground to get lower gravity. Lower than the thickness of the earths crust , into the molten lava.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join