It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Moon Gazing through a Eight Inch Reflector Turn Me into a Werewolf?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi fellow astronomers, I had the pleasure to see the moon in a steady sky last night, through my new 8 inch Dobsoninan (saxon) (mad in china)
scope.

Wow using a 25mm and a 10mm eyepiece the detail was amazing , time passed I was transfixed by its remote yet familiar beauty.

The craters and valleys, I swear I may have seen the USA flag up there (ok I imagined it) but what happenned NEXT scared me silly...I involuntarily began Howling very loudly ...only for a couple of seconds, but loud enough for my family and dare say neighbours to hear.
I lay wake all night looking for hair growing , but thankfully this morning nothin has grown

Has anyone else heard of humans perhaps taking on wolf habits by too much moon gazing?

I feel the moon has entered me somehow.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The moon has been known to activate something in the human psyche.

I think it's where we get the term LUNATIC from.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

A few more years and those hairs will come in. Don't rush things just enjoy

edit on 8/12/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It will, but only with loong exposure.
That's why astronomers retire young, when they've been exposed for too long, they run to the mountaintops to reflect on the nature of the crab.

And you can always buy a costume, if you're in a hurry.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hello,

lovely story, truly was.

Never have kids tho.............. k?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just don't eat any of the green cheese up there...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes, long exposure to an enlarged view of the moon will transform you, eventually, into a wolf. How do you think wolves have overcome being endagered in many areas? The answer is amateur astronomers. They don't understand how the moon works. Astronomers who gain their knowledge in schools are required to take Moongazing 101: Dangers of Over Exposure to the Moon.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How many werewolves have you seen roaming the countryside? Everyone knows the "Men in Black" take them underground to fight the reptilians on week end fight night. Sheesh. So I would say, dont try it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So that's why we see werewolves from lore? Through moon gazing? I thought they are created through black arts

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok, I have a question for you.

Where were you when you started howling?

(1) London
(2) Drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics
(3) Walking with a queen

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I wish....I was sitting in the entrance to my Garage , swigging a becks or two, and sitting with my smelly furry dog.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As a long-time astronomer, I can tell you that howling is very mild, and nothing to be worried about.

The United States sent several people to the Moon and even with that proximity, very little Lycanthropy was noted.

If, however, you find yourself waking up somewhere strange, stark naked and with a feeling that you have over eaten, then it may be preferable to seek a new hobby.

Perhaps, with the mildness of the symptoms, you could interest more people and take turns in observing. After all, there's nothing sadder than a lone wolf (pack animals, you know).

A little whiskey seems to ease the social side of things too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What the [snip]????

Is ATS somehow merging with 4chan?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Does one know if they are a werewolf? 'cause I stare at the Moon all of the time through this 13.1 inch Newt.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9c92e12b4cf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Wow you do have a big one...Iam getting envious

That cat is small in comparison , or is that the you the wolf?

Seriously though your Telescope looks beautiful

With that much aperture you must gather a lot of moonlight.
It is freaky watching someone looking through th eeyepiece at a bright moon their eye is totally lit up, scary.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Dude...bet that thing gives a killer hit...er...view. It rather looks like a device in my bedroom, although one can't look at the moon through it, but it does give trips to the clouds

Seriously, though, I am envious. my scope is only a small 130mm, and it needs collimated badly.
Lobe

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Collimation is a scary subject, I just cross my fingers and peek through the eyepiece, so far it has worked.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Too true. I've got the main part done, and all I have left is fine adjustments. I'm going to use the out of focus star method, but it's been so bloody humid at night that I can't see much even on clear nights. Plus, it's a Meade Ds2000 series, so it's not the best scope out there. Decent, but cheap.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I look at the moon quite a bit, and so far, no werewolf symptoms. However, I have several filters, and perhaps they filter out the werewolf-causing wavelength. Just a thought.
Peace!!!

edit on 12-8-2011 by LobeDethFaurt because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join