It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of rifle should I buy my wife to help me defend the homefront when shtf?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
We already have a few guns I recently bought myself a 223 AR and she has been practising with the 22 rifle but I want her to have a little more fire power. We shoot every weekend and she is getting pretty good but she doesn't like the AR platform.

Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
For home protection nothing beats a short barreled 12 gauge shotgun, pistol grip optional, just point and shoot, can't miss, also the loud bang and muzzle flash is enough for any intruder to crap his britches and scram. Perfect for a female homeowner. It demands attention and screams authorita.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
AK-47...can't go wrong with that.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Americans are funny... "what type of gun should I buy my wife"

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Phase plasma rifle in the 40 kw range.....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Yea we have a 410 by the bedroom door for that reason but I'm looking for something for her that can reach out and touch someone. We live on a farm on top of a hill and have great site lines so we want to be able to keep people out of shotgun range

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This is the one that I own. (not mine in the picture) m500 JIC (just in case) survival shotgun.
under $300 bucks. Also comes in stainless as the "mariner"

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Whats wrong with enjoying a hobby with the one you love? Like my signature says " a family that shoots together survives together."

We believe that its better to be prepared for something that may never happen then have to lose the life we have built together.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4349244c09c9.png[/atsimg]

There is always the Hello Kitty AR-15

David Grouchy

link   
If you really need to her to be prepared make sure she has the want to kill. then the gun doesn't matter

link   
reply to post by Campy61

Oh, got it. I know what you mean, something accurate to 400 maybe 500 yards or so?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

LoL thats funny. I dont want her to have the want to kill just the means to as a last resort if our lifes were in danger.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Well if you want to impress, I would go with a Barrett 98B with the scope of course. This is fairly reasonable weight weapon but it uses .338 caliber, might be a bit hard to get in a pinch and she's pricey bitch. You know, in a firefight, you kinda want to at least compare apples to apples, 500 lb bowling balls to apples is better ;-)

www.barrett.net...

Barrett also has some very nice .50 caliber weapons as well.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 8/12.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yea something atleast a couple hundred yards.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

then whats the point? to prepaired for some attack and to not get that jolt then it just doesn't seem right to even have the thought of owning a gun.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

If i could afford a barret there is no way i would let her touch it. That would be by new love

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61

Yea we have a 410 by the bedroom door for that reason but I'm looking for something for her that can reach out and touch someone. We live on a farm on top of a hill and have great site lines so we want to be able to keep people out of shotgun range

Check this out, affordable and yet accurate right out of the box:
www.remington.com...

The Model 700™ SPS™ Varmint is capable of punching tiny groups straight out of the box because it’s built on the Model 700™ action, the most solid, dependable and trusted in existence.

Its 26" heavy contour barrel is perfectly matched to its high-velocity caliber offerings, including the hot new 17 Remington Fireball. Plus, the ergonomically designed black synthetic stock has a vented beavertail fore-end for enhanced grip, reduced weight and better heat dissipation. And sharp predator eyes won’t spot the tough, non-reflective matte blued finish on the barrel and receiver. Other standard features include a hinged floorplate magazine, sling swivel studs, and a drilled and tapped receiver. The Model 700™ SPS™ Varmint is destined to leave a lasting impression on any varmint that crosses its line of sight.

Under $700 bucks.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61

LoL thats funny. I dont want her to have the want to kill just the means to as a last resort if our lifes were in danger.

survival in SHTF is to kill your enemy if he wants to kill you.

the want to kill isn't necessarily a want, but a need. if she has no fight in her blood then there is no use in trying to stay alive.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Do you think all gun owners want to kill someone? I'm not even sure how to respond to that. I have owned a rifle since i was 12 and have never thought about using it on another human being.

Self defence does not equal want to kill.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

but yet that is what you are talking about? killing some one

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join