It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The annihilation of planet Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hey OP, how about you quit your apathetic whining and take care of yourself first. I'm sure we'll all follow suit and by your logic you would be doing good by ridding the universe of another human.

We are not THAT bad and we certainly are going to learn from our mistakes one way or another. Your thinking is useless to our species and as self-loathing and pointless as it gets.

Just my .02.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I personally do not believe that any species can live as we are currently and survive for any extended period of time. The possibilities are us destroying ourselves, ravaging our planet to the point of destruction, or other actions or failures to act that will lead to our annihilation. However, I do believe that some species in our universe, and perhaps even our own, can transcend the materiality and selfishness that consumes us, in which case we will take better care of our planet and everything on it.

I believe that it must be one or the other. Either a species rises above the challenges by stepping up to the plate, or they eventually decline until they are consumed by their own moral deficiencies. Although it seems like our race is heading toward doom, I think it is a bit too early to tell at this moment exactly what will happen to us. I really feel that if there were a problem or occurrence that could unite the World, or just wake the majority up, then everyone would actually get motivated to work together for a better future. But it is entirely possible that the exact opposite happens. It all depends on us...every single one of us. No matter what anyone else is doing, you can only focus on what YOU do, and you should always do the right thing. There will be others that do the same, but the big question is...will it ever be enough?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I said nothing about the sanity of the OP!

But you said much about yourself. Anyone who sees a counselor must be insane? Nice mindset.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
Hey OP, how about you quit your apathetic whining and take care of yourself first. I'm sure we'll all follow suit and by your logic you would be doing good by ridding the universe of another human.

We are not THAT bad and we certainly are going to learn from our mistakes one way or another. Your thinking is useless to our species and as self-loathing and pointless as it gets.

Just my .02.

Just by looking at your avatar i can tell you that you love violence and to kill people for the sake of patriotism and all that #. Good luck since you are NOT THAT BAD friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Just by looking at your avatar i can tell you that you love violence and to kill people for the sake of patriotism and all that #. Good luck since you are NOT THAT BAD friend.

Thats a bit below the belt

If you wanna play like that, I could say that judging by your avatar, you have an unhealthy homosexual obsession with Lionel Messi

Way to change the topic troll

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

If there are government agencies watching ATS then your post is a prime example of one they might take a closer look at.

If you really believe what you stated then you are a danger that needs to be delt with.

You can get help or if you keep this talk up the government will see that you are no longer a danger to others.

There is much good left in our world. I hope you take the time to look for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I just don`t see no need to kill everything right now.
Sure it would stop a whole bunch of really sick and very troubling things from happening.
But we are on a one way track and that is destruction of this planet. If the human race was to survive they best be finding another planet. That`s something I hope doesn`t happen though.
That planet is much safer without us and no one can deny that.

Actually disgusting how we are killing this planet but I wish all creatures a natural life for as long as possible. Look to nature it provides soothing peace for me. Stop and smell the flowers.
There is still much to be appreciated here and enjoy it while you can before it is gone.

I wish there was that button to eliminate humans altogether but there isn`t so we live another day, another year but it will someday come to the end. We won`t change so it has to end someday. Can`t do what we are doing and expect it not to.

Funny how what is called civilized kills everything known to it. Pathetic we humans truly are.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Thats a bit below the belt

If you wanna play like that, I could say that judging by your avatar, you have an unhealthy homosexual obsession with Lionel Messi

Way to change the topic troll

Now you are calling me a troll and homosexual because im not thinking like you?? My friend, you are the perfect sample of waht the OP was speaking about. Nothing but a bunch of insane neanderthals

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

No Im calling you that because you decided to make assumptions about someone elses avatar with childish reasoning. I couldnt give a damn about what your opinion is.

Obviously, you feel its ok to dish out immature comments about someones avatar, but you cant take it....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by greenCo

No Im calling you that because you decided to make assumptions about someone elses avatar with childish reasoning. I couldnt give a damn about what your opinion is.

Obviously, you feel its ok to dish out immature comments about someones avatar, but you cant take it....

Sorry, i didn´t see the sarcasm. you got a point

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

As I mentioned:

Humans have been around for some time and our list of accomplishments include mass reproduction, mass killings & mass manipulation over one another. We are a self-serving species that does nothing to benefit mankind as a whole or the planet we live on and we will never change.

The above sums up my point. Whether humans have been around for 10,000 or 2 million years, the result is the same. Mass reproduction, mass killing & mass manipulation. We have evolved into crap and it smells pretty bad.

The human race is getting worse, not better. It is not going to get better regardless of how many people plant trees or volunteer to help "less fortunate" people in third world countries.

Wishful thinking is nice, we all do it. I'm not trying to be negative, I just watch the news and read history books.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Just my .02.

I do not "love" violence nor do I enjoy killing people. Now you are making an ass out of the both of us. My response may have been harsh, but I've been bred since birth to shun apathy in any form. Our species is unique, and while you may have this picture of a "perfect" universe without us, it is no excuse to give up and start feeling sorry for yourself. We may live in rough and fairly desperate times, but that is no excuse to wish for the death of every man, woman and child on this planet. Things do not improve by whining. You could take all this pity and anger you feel towards our species and funnel it into something productive. Use it to motivate you to enter a field of research or work that can help change us for the better. It would be a hell of a lot more useful than sitting on your pity-pot wishing for the demise of everyone and everything we have worked for since the dawn of recorded history.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: grammar

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

Where do you live? I would love to assist you in locating a psychologist who can help you deal with your anger issues. In addition, you may need a psychiatrist who is willing to assist you with medication. I sincerely hope you get some help and soon.
Warmest regards
edit on 11/8/11 by applebaum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

I'm with you. I have always thought that the Earth is going to shake us off like a dog does with fleas. I'm not to the extreme that the OP is stating.that all life forms need to be killed off. Just humans. All we do is consume and spread trash. While all organisms are for themselves, every organism except humans fit into the ecosystem. Humans are the only animals that take more than they need. We're the only organism that can actually spread trash in space, too. You certainly can't tell me this is normal. I believe that once the Earth is free of humans, the environments (deserts, oceans, grasslands, etc.) will be able to heal and the ecosystem will run as a well oiled machine.

I do believe that styrofoam will still be left strewn around though, so this can be the human's legacy. Oh, how proud are we!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Just my .02.

I do not "love" violence nor do I enjoy killing people. Now you are making an ass out of the both of us. My response may have been harsh, but I've been bred since birth to shun apathy in any form. Our species is unique, and while you may have this picture of a "perfect" universe without us, it is no excuse to give up and start feeling sorry for yourself. We may live in rough and fairly desperate times, but that is no excuse to wish for the death of every man, woman and child on this planet. Things do not improve by whining. You could take all this pity and anger you feel towards our species and funnel it into something productive. Use it to motivate you to enter a field of research or work that can help change us for the better. It would be a hell of a lot more useful than sitting on your pity-pot wishing for the demise of everyone and everything we have worked for since the dawn of recorded history.

Sorry because english is not my native lang. But i need to say this. Some of us are doing the best that we can to help others. You are living in the best country to live from a confort point of view. You really know nothing about hunger, real poverty, explotation, local war (you fought overseas) and yeah, im overseas where US is exporting war. Some of us are literally tired to the limit, depleted physically and spiritually. When you´ll be in that positions you feel there is no point in continue this madness. Its simply almost impossible to deal with it at some point. But you are in a country where people still get checks because are unemployed. You live in a bubble and certainly i don´t want that you need to experience what the rest of the so called "third world" are living right now. Believe me.
edit on 11-8-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You can always start with yourself, Earth will no longer be a problem for you.

I did like your blatant honesty in considering this option, but when you finished by going to enjoy your remaining life it did contradict the whole message.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've been told to smile and laugh and to try to enjoy life and think of the good things in life because there is still "hope" for "humans", who are NOT to be trusted because they are capable of lying. So I'll take one two cents for the annihilation of planet Earth, Bob, "if the price is right"!
edit on 2011-8-12 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Just my .02.

Sorry because english is not my native lang. But i need to say this. Some of us are doing the best that we can to help others. You are living in the best country to live from a confort point of view. You really know nothing about hunger, real poverty, explotation, local war (you fought overseas) and yeah, im overseas where US is exporting war. Some of us are literally tired to the limit, depleted physically and spiritually. When you´ll be in that positions you feel there is no point in continue this madness. Its simply almost impossible to deal with it at some point. But you are in a country where people still get checks because are unemployed. You live in a bubble and certainly i don´t want that you need to experience what the rest of the so called "third world" are living right now. Believe me.
edit on 11-8-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

I have lived and worked in the "third world". Quit assuming so much about people you know nothing about. I have seen more bloodshed, horror and disgusting things in my short time on this Earth than you could ever imagine. I feel empathy for all human beings, but to assume that I know nothing about pain, suffering or constant misery is not a smart bet. Since discharging I have gotten more institutional education and now my life's work revolves around global and intercultural social relations and humanitarian aid. I have lived in the dirt around Central and South America. I have seen the poverty, I have lived the poverty. My first trip to Guatemala I had a pregnant wife, a busted house and about $500.00 to my name that I left for her. I lived with 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of shoes and a few shirts for quite a while. So to assume that we're all living some high life in the U.S. or anywhere else is pretty stupid. Your apathy is still disgusting, regardless of your current disposition. Buck up and raise your head up. The most redeeming thing about our species is our indomitable spirit. Our ability to rise up against all odds and make something of our future.

I'd go into a deeper discussion if you would tell me what country you live in that we are "exporting war to." I do not like to ASSUME to know who you are or where you are beyond the bounds of the information you have provided me. It's called courtesy.
edit on 12-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join