It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBucksLover
People around the world need to accept the fact that Aliens are visiting our planet and one day they will communicate with us

I'm always amazed at how people can proclaim with absolute 100% certainty, that a completely different form of intelligent beings are here... which are never seen. How can you know something is here that nobody ever sees?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dpd11

People around the world need to accept the fact that Aliens are visiting our planet and one day they will communicate with us

I'm always amazed at how people can proclaim with absolute 100% certainty, that a completely different form of intelligent beings are here... which are never seen. How can you know something is here that nobody ever sees?

What about every religion on earth? They all beleive is something, that a God created earth and watches over us and we all go to a form of heaven and yet there is no proof.

Is it really more ridiculous to believe in intelligent life on other planets visiting us?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns

What about every religion on earth? They all beleive is something, that a God created earth and watches over us and we all go to a form of heaven and yet there is no proof.

Is it really more ridiculous to believe in intelligent life on other planets visiting us?

Actually, I would say the same thing about those people as well.

MIGHT aliens have come here at some point? Yeah sure, why not. There's no way to know for sure. Did they come here, seed the planet, secretly create all this great technology for us dumb humans, and continue a presence here to this day? No. How can anybody make such claims when there is zero solid evidence of any of that? These are not invisible gods that live in a different dimension... They're supposed to be flesh and blood beings from another world. They would live by the same rules of the universe that we do. How many decades, or even centuries, have to go by with no slid proof, before the lack of proof, in essence, BECOMES proof that nobody else is here? It's like Bigfoot... How many more years have to go by without one single body being found, before people just say... 'OK, I guess there's no Bigfoot'? As time goes on with no proof, the odds become astronomically against something existing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sorry this still does not give me any proof apart from peoples opinions.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dpd11

Aliens are deception stop believing everything you hear see and read about on the web not even me always question it first even the goverment and what you believe in aliens are demonic god didn't create them he created angels those angels are very smart and been around since the start of time so they all were casted into hell there demons i know for a fact

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It must be great belonging to a big club that gives you the arrogance to call everybody else who's opinion you don't like; "low minded"... then excusing your conduct by adding "god bless". I guess this is why people like religion so much.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hah I was thinking of offering we make a survey about how much people believe/are skeptic or are like me who neither believe nor are too skeptic about it. Yet it was already made the moment I was gone from this site.

Since I didn't take part in the survey I will say my answers now:

I believe that our solar system and the Earth has been and i currently being studied otherwise visited...
STRONGLY AGREE

I believe that __ (of the non hoaxed) 'UFO sightings' reported in media or ATS represent ...ETs
FEW

I believe that __ (of the non hoaxed) 'UFO sightings' reported in media or ATS represent military..
MOST

Some of you contradicted yourself, you cant say few ETs and then few militaries

Stephenville, TX case:
MAYBE TERRESTRIAL

O'Hare Int Apt
MAYBE TERRESTRIAL

Phoenix Lights
MAYBE TERRESTRIAL

The Rendlesham Forest Incident
MAYBE ET

Rosewell, NM
N/A (NEUTRAL)

One or more Govs are aware of ETs or possess ET technology:
STRONGLY AGREE

If you believe in ETs which represents the most significant harm to the crediblity:
PEOPLE WHO CREATED HOAX IMAGES AND VIDEOS (definitely!)

I'm also surprised with these results. I've been very active for the past 3 months to see lots of skeptics, I thought even they are more than those who believe and asked myself why dont they move to some skeptics forum...

But it seems even some people I have bashed and argued with are now showing support of the possibility that ETs may have visited us. I didn't expect, Im also glad that the results show people are able to doubt. From my last coming here I thought members here are either brainwashed BELIEVERS or ignorant SKEPTICS and that there is no one like me who is able to DOUBT and at the same time do not deny cases too extraordinary to be considered terrestrial.

I'm glad there are people who can doubt and still believe in other cases, I thought this place consist only of believers who take it as religion or ignorant who call everything a lie. This brought hope to me that it is not wrong to think ETs may have visited us and that there are also others that I call like myself 'between' believing and doubting.

You are not crazy and neither I am, those who can doubt in some cases and call other UFO cases 'maybe ET' as no one can say wuth certainty, are thinking clearly, I am one of them.

Either way this is not enough, at the moment it is nothing but speculation and no new or more disclosing cases, so I would still stay away from this forum until something suggests otherwise about these UFOs.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dpd11

DP, what's up?! lol - Still trying to find my way around this site.

I have one suggestion for the author of this study. Of the popular cases you mentioned in the survey, I would suggest adding the Lonnie Zamora Incident to the next survey. This is one of the most compelling, documented, cases in UFO history IMO.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It was interesting for me to note that, as one who has gone from being a 'true believer' to a serious skeptic, I am in one heck of a statistical minority here.

It would be relevant, though, to see the results of a similar poll conducted with the general population. I wonder how they'd compare?

I feel the same. Just because ATS'ers vote favourably on ET doesn't mean that they are right or that we are any closer to the truth.

I started my youth by reading, believing and repeating. Then I started thinking for myself.
Now I'm a serious sceptic.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Also, I know I'm a "newbie" here, but have found the process of uploading an avatar about 10x more difficult than it need be....

Even though Ive uploaded two separate pictures, when I paste the script into the avatar path, it only shows a 1/4 of my picture (top left) when I'm displayed on the thread. If you click on my profile, you see the full picture, what gives?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns

Perhaps you could turn your argument slightly around and deduce that since there is no foundation whatsoever to believe that we are being monitored, visited or abducted by aliens then we should not believe it.
And by that definition we should also stop following beliefs in a God that moves in mysterious ways. How anyone can believe that God loves you but allows atrocities because she has a devine plan is beyond me. And please - don't tell me to read the Bible. I have. Several different translations. It hasn't made me believe and having actually read them rather than having them "explained" I fear that it isn't going to happen.
And so it is with aliens visiting us as well. No proof exists. Just because x number of people tell the same basic story only means that they all can read.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtrock78
Also, I know I'm a "newbie" here, but have found the process of uploading an avatar about 10x more difficult than it need be....

Even though Ive uploaded two separate pictures, when I paste the script into the avatar path, it only shows a 1/4 of my picture (top left) when I'm displayed on the thread. If you click on my profile, you see the full picture, what gives?

A failure to read the rules about the max. possible "legal" size of the avatar is probably what gives.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Got it Holger, thanks for the tip.

You'll get to know both DP, myself, and some others on these boards quite a bit as they just recently shut down HC's chat rooms on their website. We go back to the days of "UFO Hunters" and there was a tiny community on there that just got dumped this past Thursday. He's more a skeptic, I'm a believer that focuses on evidence and specific case studies.

So far on here, there seems to one heck of an array of people on here, more religious people than I'm used to in UFO chat rooms...
edit on 16-8-2011 by dtrock78 because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtrock78
reply to post by dpd11

DP, what's up?! lol - Still trying to find my way around this site.

I have one suggestion for the author of this study. Of the popular cases you mentioned in the survey, I would suggest adding the Lonnie Zamora Incident to the next survey. This is one of the most compelling, documented, cases in UFO history IMO.

Yo... I did the same thing with the image. Shrink your image so it's 170 pixels across. Then it will come out right.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
it always good to ponder on the thoughts of what is and what could be, but honestly we will never know until it happens to us. i'm all for the clarity of ETs but i was thinking the other day (if i were them would i want to show myself to humanity?).

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I voted the exact same way as the poll results, except for Rendelsham, O'Hare and Phoenix Lights I answered 'extraterrestrial' rather than 'maybe ET', so none of the results surprised me. Though, the mountain of evidence from the 1980 Rendelsham Forest incident I would've thought would tilt the balance overwhelmingly on the ET side. Maybe many were simply unfamiliar with the case.

Check out the evidence given at the 56 minute mark of this National Press Club disclosure conference by James Penniston, Sgt. USAF (Ret).. very difficult to argue against this kind of solid testimony, unless you think the guy is lying. Listening to Penniston's speech will leave you in no doubt, Rendelsham was undoubtedly an ET incident and not 'our guys'.

edit on 17-8-2011 by RiotComing because: added the year '1980' to 'Rendelsham Forest incident'.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

It's also interesting to note from these results just how hard our governments are working to ridicule this subject.

From a sample size of 20,000 80%+ agree ET is out there, here and everywhere...yet in virtually every forum thread on here and elsewhere all across the internet, the negative voices are very prominent...curious that isn't it!

Well done S.O. for a great poll.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Rendlesham; i can't believe it, because i wasn't there

But i did list it as 'probably e.t. or such....
Peace

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

its becuase the believers dont argue their pov well at all due to the fact the evidence is so weak. Infact i would say they get destroyed in practically every case by skeptics. But they still continue to believe those cases.

Thats why earlier in this thread i posted that the poll shows " believers dont take onboard anything skeptics say"
edit on 26-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join