It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Destroying Middle Income Families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Came across this post at freerepublic and wanted to share it. IMO, Obama has made a mess of things and is going about trying to fix things wrongly! Though he may just be play acting like he wants to help. Leaning that direction, he's more against us than for us....

Supposedly, one of the main purposes behind Obamacare was to provide affordable health care coverage for every American family.

Yeah, right!

Since the passage of Obamacare, healthcare costs have climbed higher than they have ever been. More and more employers are reducing the amount and type of coverage they provide to their employees while increasing how much the employees pay.

Deductibles are getting so high that many families can’t reach the limit and have to pay everything out of pocket. And then Obamacare mandated that every American WILL purchase health insurance or be penalized and fined by the IRS when filling out their taxes.

So Mr. President, please explain to the millions of us middle income families how we are suppose to pay for the mandated health insurance when we can barely pay the bills we have now?

Read full post here:
www.freerepublic.com...

IMO, he is the worst president this country has EVER had.

This poster brings up some good points and I feel the same way . How about you?

Thinking out loud....Sure wish our President would come in here and answer a few questions.

edit on 11-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I don't even have healthcare anymore...I feel as if it's too costly to pay by myself at the moment...currently about to lose my job so maybe I'll try for one with benefits this time

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think Obama's true lasting legacy will be destroying the lower class by trying to make them dependent on the State for everything, and going after the Rich as they are an easy target and feed the frenzy of the lower class. The Middle Class are useful idiots for supporting him, but nothing else.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Same boat - no insurance. It is way too costly.
Sorry you are about to lose your job. You have a good attitude about it, it seems, and yes it would be best to TRY to find one that offers benefits. My best to you here4awhile.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Leaving my job in 6 weeks. I will lose my insurance then. However, I will just apply for whatever free insurance they give the poor. I will do that at the same time I apply for my unemployment, foodstamps, free cell phone, and whatever else I can mooch.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's ironic. The poor and 'disadvantaged' are who largely elected Obama, yet they are the first to have been hurt and likely will take the worst of the damage this President is dealing out to the American public. The Middle Class is sure hurting, but below that, it's state aid or starve. What a choice he's given them as a thank you for giving HIM the top job.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Sorry about your job too...
It is really sad that so many are forced to get assistance these days and it's gonna get worse, imo. I don't blame you one bit for milking it for what it's worth, however this is exactly what they want folk to do - depend on ''them'', then they have ya where they wanted ya to start with.....

The majority imo, just about already dO depend strictly on the gov. Last I looked anyway.. Now it's probably over 51 %? Anyone know the figures?

This country needs help!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
In Colorado we have CICP (Colorado Indigent Care Program). It's not medicaid, and it's not insurance, it is simply reduced cost healthcare. Income qualifications of course, a family of four can make $55k and still qulify, and even though I have health insurance through work, I still qualify. It reduces the amount of out-of-pocket copays and expenses. I think most states have this. Apply through your local hospital.

www.cdphe.state.co.us...
ed it on 11-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear of the upcoming job loses. I know quite a few "middle class american's" about to be laid off very shortly. They have had no pay increases over the past year and half, more work added on them, and now about to rewarded with being let go.

America is such a great place to live *sarcasm*

Home of the free and the brave
....more like imprisoned and enslaved.

edit on 11-8-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
hey if your still under 26 your still on mommy and daddys insurance!!!!

no worries for you however if your 27 and over sucks being you.

i will agree with the op that every policy obama does and what the left has done for the past 50 years has done this.

which is why i am a right winger if people think government is here to save you think agian they only thing give a rats behind about is your vote withhold that vote and see how long they care about you.

edit on 11-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

No need to be sorry about my job, but thanks. I am leaving on purpose to become a net drag on the system and hopefully help crash it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

lol ---. I feel ya.
and Good luck with that!... Am sure you'll be soon joined by many . It's already broke though or so they say.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's ironic. The poor and 'disadvantaged' are who largely elected Obama, yet they are the first to have been hurt and likely will take the worst of the damage this President is dealing out to the American public. The Middle Class is sure hurting, but below that, it's state aid or starve. What a choice he's given them as a thank you for giving HIM the top job.

Yes, and when will they figure it out? Probably never, especially with all the hate-rich-capitalists rhetoric going round.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
congress passes laws and budgets.

deny ignorance indeed

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
In Colorado we have CICP (Colorado Indigent Care Program). It's not medicaid, and it's not insurance, it is simply reduced cost healthcare. Income qualifications of course, a family of four can make $55k and still qulify, and even though I have health insurance through work, I still qualify. It reduces the amount of out-of-pocket copays and expenses. I think most states have this. Apply through your local hospital.

www.cdphe.state.co.us...
ed it on 11-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

I wonder if Colorodo gets subsidies from the Fed govt for that. It is my understanding that Massachusetts gets govt subsidies to support their socialized medicine.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Is there much middle class left to destroy? Corporations destroyed most of it by moving jobs out the country thanks to things like Nafta. Throw in the stagnation of pay for the middle class and it's been dying a slow death for decades.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What you do is play the role of a lower class citizen. Move to a lower class neighborhood, they know how much you make, but who cares...it looks better, and you're in a better position to fight back

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
All I can say is this: If we are going to get Obama out of there, please
make sure you are registered and go vote him out!

PS

new topics

top topics

join