It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real reason for london riots?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by EpicKingy
reply to post by Pervius

Exactly,why would they use facial recognition software when the gov know's that 90% of the rioters would cover their face's

To catch the 10% that didn't cover their faces?

Even though i know the govenment is retarded in so many ways,im sure they wouldnt want this amount of costs to so many citys for a couple hundred faces.
I very much doubt this.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

There are hundreds of images of rioters not covering their faces. The scrote who set fire to Miss Selfridge shop front in Manchester, covered his face during the act but was photographed moments later uncovered.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.hindustantimes.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Even though i know the govenment is retarded in so many ways,im sure they wouldnt want this amount of costs to so many citys for a couple hundred faces.
I very much doubt this.

Dude, they said on TV on CNN that they were using the technology. I posted a link to an article where the prime minister said every option is on the table.
Plus it's software...once it's developed it doesn't really cost much to use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by A55A551N

Also a friend of a friend told me that Chuck Norris started the riots with an apple.

I don't mean to mock you sir,i really don't but i would rather have solid proof rather than a story from a so called friend.

I understand and appreciate your Scepticism but I don't do 'dis-info' and wouldn't make up a story for the sheer hell of it; in fact I believe there's always 2 sides to a coin, hence me not dis-spelling the fact that 95% of these youths were just after a new TV, Blackberry or XBox...

As I said there's nothing I can find in MSM except a story about a BBM broadcast circulation [which I myself didn't get] which started "Anyone who wants to make some money" - Now it came out like your typical "Street-Talk" using words like "Endz" and whatnot but no "youth" is gonna say make some money; even when discussing selling the goods they're looting they'd just say "anyone looking to get some free stuff" or something.

However it happened and if you don't believe me that's okay... I know it happened and to me that's all that matters really.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

reply to post by Pervius

Exactly,why would they use facial recognition software when the gov know's that 90% of the rioters would cover their face's

To catch the 10% that didn't cover their faces?

I very much doubt this.

But you've just hit the nail on the head. You're from the UK I assume?

Expect to see new laws implemented in the next 6-12 months. Expect to see the already inflated taxes rise even more now to cover this damage... Expect to see those [Can't recall what people call them here] camp like jails come into use considering 'Almost every jail cell in LDN was full' over the weekend...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
No just no!

I assume your not from the UK? if you were you would bow your head in shame at what you just said, it was a bunch of teenagers copying other riots that they seen on TV as an excuse to get free HDTV's.

I'm from the UK, and I agree with the OP - and do not bend my head in shame. You, sir, on the other hand, should take your head out of the sand and see who controls our government and what they are doing to our country.

The people of the UK no longer have any voice at all. All three main parties are controlled by the same monstrous evil-doers. No matter who is elected, the same agenda will be implemented. The media is the voice of the controllers and it's role is to protect their status quo and follow their carefully laid out propaganda. The majority of the decisions about our country are not made in parliament. That's a sham. The real decisions are made behind closed doors in the Bilderberger Meetings, in the EU, Nato, UN, and the various quangos of which we have little or no knowledge and absolutely no control.

They speak the name of democracy but in fact the Corporations and the Banks are those who make the decisions for our government. Over them too, we have absolutely no control.

Your and my vote is absolutely a worthless sham.

The Bank of England, which is owned by private shareholders, issues our currency. That is to say they create money out of thin air and lend it to the government at interest. Our income tax exists almost solely to pay the interest on that loan. The loan itself can never be repaid, and we are officially bankrupt. We have been for decades, ever since the country was betrayed by handing the right to print our currency to the private banksters.

The banks operate fraudulently, charging people interest on credit which they themselves create with their signature.

The collossal profit from all this goes to the banking cartel and the corporations who use it to finance black ops to further indebt and enslave countries across the world.

Do you think it's an isolated anomaly that Murdoch wields such influence over our police and our government?
We had a glimpse into the way things really are.... Corporations control everything.

The Courts' function is to bring in revenue for the State through fines, they are not there to protect and provide justice. It is financial/profit considerations which determine whether a person is charged or not, whether a person is tried or not, imprisoned or not and what their sentence will be - as well as the need to keep up just enough of a pretence that it really is about justice. The common law court with a jury is the only real court of justice to exist. The rest is a profit making enterprise. And even there the people are duped, because the real purpose of a jury is to make sure that the laws being applied are not unreasonable. That is their primary duty. If a jury considers a law to be unreasonable, it is their duty to find the defendant not guilty on that basis....because he/she is not guilty of breaking a law which the jury would consider to be a reasonable law. This is not made known to the public.

Most of our 'institutions' including the Courts and our parliament, are registered as private companies (corporations).

We are simply figures on a balance sheet, the only concern being how much revenue they can earn from us via taxation of all kinds. They are obliged to make some concessions to keep the rabble happy, otherwise they would leave us with nothing at all.

If you don't believe me, perhaps you'll believe the Ex-Chairman of the Bank of England

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits." — SIR JOSIAH STAMP, (President of the Bank of England in the 1920's, the second richest man in Britain):

Here's some quotes from Keynes:

"Should government refrain from regulation (taxation), the worthlessness of the money becomes apparent and the fraud can no longer be concealed." — John Maynard Keynes, "Consequences of Peace."

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people,
and not one man in a million will detect the theft." — John Maynard Keynes (the father of 'Keynesian Economics' which our nation now endures) in his book "THE ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES
OF THE PEACE" (1920).

The Bank of England and the Federal Reserve operate along the exact same principles.

Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. revealed the Bankers Manifesto of 1892 to the
U.S. Congress somewhere between 1907 and 1917.
BANKERS MANIFESTO We(the bankers) must proceed with caution and guard every move
made, for the lower order of people are already showing signs of restless commotion.
Prudence will therefore show a policy of apparently yielding to the popular will until our plans
are so far consummated that we can declare our designs without fear of any organized
resistance. Organizations in the United States should be carefully watched by our trusted
men, and we must take immediate steps to control these organizations in our interest or
disrupt them. At the coming Omaha convention to be held July 4, 1892, our men must attend
and direct its movement or else there will be set on foot such antagonism to our designs as
may require force to overcome. This at the present time would be premature. We are not yet
ready for such a crisis. Capital must protect itself in every possible manner through
combination (conspiracy) and legislation. The courts must be called to our aid, debts must be
collected, bonds and mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When, through the
process of law, the common people have lost their homes, they will be more tractable and
easily governed through the influence of the strong arm of the government applied to a
central power of imperial wealth under the control of the leading financiers. People without
homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth
is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the
world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.
The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the
Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view
through the Republican Party. By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their
energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the
common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously
planned and successfully accomplished.
From The Politics of Common Sense The above
was taken from the "Banker's Manifest," for the private circulation among leading bankers
only, taken from the "Civil Servants” Year Book, "The Organizer" of January, 1934.

www.usa-the-republic.com...

Just before passage of the Federal Reserve Act, Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh Sr.
declared:
This Act (the Federal Reserve Act, Dec. 23rd 1913) establishes the most gigantic trust on
earth. When the President signs the Bill, the invisible government of the Monetary Power will
be legalised... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and
currency Bill...

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." — Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr. , 1913

After a period of prosperity, a depression is created. This serves many purposes, all of them make the banksters more wealthy. One of the purposes is to seize the wealth which the people earned during a period of prosperity.

From Rothschild. The Rothschilds are major shareholders in the Bank of England.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws"
—Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Other quotes:

"The modern Banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banks can in fact inflate, mint and unmint the modern ledger-entry currency." — MAJOR L .L. B. ANGUS:

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

"While boasting of our noble deeds were careful to conceal the ugly fact that by an iniquitous money system we have nationalized a system of oppression which, though more refined, is not less cruel than the old system of chattel slavery. — Horace Greeley

edit on 11-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
No just no!

I assume your not from the UK? if you were you would bow your head in shame at what you just said, it was a bunch of teenagers copying other riots that they seen on TV as an excuse to get free HDTV's.

That should be the one post used by ATS members as the guide to what REALLY went down since saturday and not using silly little ideas like the OP and other threads claiming setup or something.

As a British citizen myself, I find it extremely annoying and irritating as well as anger inducing to think that something caused by idiots and perpetuated by idiots can be attached to government or police the way it has.

ATS, for the first time since discovering and joining this site, I'm ashamed to be a member here over the frankly absurd theories popping up about these riots and looting.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The same scenario has played itself out countless times in various cities. I lived through one of the biggest.

Cops rough somebody up. The public starts crying about how terrible cops are. Dumb a** kids use it as an excuse to act like dumb a** kids. The cops then in a combination of fear and resentment, hold back to some extent, because they're either genuinely afraid of even more retribution, or they subconsciously want to show everybody what it's like if there weren't any cops at all. After a couple days of total chaos, the public gets the hint... Stops crying about bad cops... Life goes on.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Perhaps the technology is available to see through hoodies?
Yeah that would be really cool, all the smug sneering dudes , carrying their booty, thinking how cool am I , but they just didn't realise there was an all seeing eye.
There may be more than a few caught, and that is so cool.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This all happened for a reason and new changes will be made as a response. I wouldn't be surprised if the situation was used partly to test new software, but I think events of this magnitude rarely serve only a single purpose.

It think that the rioters have been unknowingly used as sheep-dogs, in the hope that the public will happily run in to the safety of the pen of the authorities. Most people will agree that drastic measures must be taken and the creation of mass-internment facilities, is an idea I can't seem to shake.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I don't understand why people keep throwing these kind of threads out.

Its just useless little sh^t bags trying to loot things for free.

I understand this is a conspiracy site but sometimes a stick is just a stick.

Because then they would have to accept that these 'youths' are the result of decades of liberal/leftist/progressive social policy.

..............Fraser, who served in the National Probation Service for twenty-six years, and was an analyst with the National Criminal Intelligence Service.

He blames the criminal justice system for putting consideration for the criminal first and the safety of the public second: ‘The bizarre fact is that all governments since the sixties have gone out of their way to introduce policies that have encouraged criminals to become more criminal.

Numerous obstacles have been placed in the way of finding, arresting and convincing them.’ Young offenders enjoy special protection. The use of imprisonment against them is severely limited. In 2000, males under 18 committed 80,600 offences. Eleven years later, one suspects that they have improved on this statistics. Police doing their job are frequently faced with accusations of racism by their superiors. Prosecutors are motivated by budgetary considerations to discontinue more and more cases. Judges grant bail even when the accused has re-offended while on bail.

Was the government ever disturbed by such dire situations? Not in the least. The government simply lied. In 2004 the Home Secretary stated that crime had fallen from 18 million in 1997 to 12 million. A report produced by his own department in 2002 showed that the figure of 60 million was more accurate.

The empathy with the criminal, the contempt for the victim, the neglect of public security, the lies and manipulations are not typical British phenomena. They are but symptoms of the plague of multiculturalism that slowly eradicates all forms of decency in the Western post-democracies.

www.brusselsjournal.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I completely agree, when I it all happened I thoughht that it had been at least instigated by the government.

why?

I mean, if someone came into my house and told me that the wanted to put a camera in my bedroom to watch me and see my every move, I would tell them it was an invasion of my rights and privacy and woundn't allow it

BUT

If someone had tried to get in my room and tried to attack me in my sleep the night before, and the same person came and told me they wanted to put a camera in my room to PROTECT me... I would willing oblige.

My point is, I think that the public was tricked into riotting so that the govermengt now has a reason to put more cameras and surveillance around (face recognnition tech etc) under the guise of public safety.... and teh best part is... everyone agrees they should do it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There was a lack of response from the Police initially and they would have usually stamped this out quite quickly, yet they did not? I believe that the hierachy of the Police were fed up with all the cuts to their forces, especially reduction in man power, as well as the silly softly, softly approach they have to take towards an out of control druggy society, due to the PC crowd that cries everytime the police need to use force.

Therefore, in my opinion, they allowed things so far out of control with lives taken, buildings burned and the general population so outraged that they were able to get what they wanted i.e. demands from the public and politicians that the police get tougher with criminals and an increase in man power (the cut backs were scrapped).

Personally, I don't think the government planned it nor anyone too be honest, a situation got out of control in Tottenham, the Police allowed it to get out of control by standing by whilst people looted and destroyed. The more peole saw that the police were doing nothing, they figured why not join in and get what they can. When it started happening in other towns and cities and the police still held back, ditto! Only when the government ordered the police to step up and end the riots, did the police bring an end to the riots VERY QUICKLY! Coincidence? Me thinks NOT!

Just my opinion!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join