It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real reason for london riots?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why didn't they do anything for 3 days to stop these riots? Why were people egged on to riot?
It was a setup. It was designed to get those prone to protest and riot, to actually riot. Why?
Because they just unveiled their new facial recognition software...1200 people have already been arrested using this technology. This technology supposedly wasn't supposed to be revealed until next year. Surprise!
I just learned these facts on CNN. The conspiracy part is my own idea.
I think this was an intentional set up. A quick easy solution to get rid of all the people who are prone to protesting the government.

And I have a feeling they are going to do the same thing in the U.S. soon. They can't just arrest all of us for posting anti-gov speech online. But if they lure us into protesting and rioting...FEMA camps here we come!

once this facial recognition software is fully implemented, say goodbye to your right to protest. This facial recognition software is pretty much straight out of 1984.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Ok, here's the CNN article in print...hereof course they leave out the facial recognition software. But they say,
"Police have been authorized to use whatever means necessary to combat unrest"

Ugh, that article is a perfect example of how they manipulate facts to fit their agenda.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Interesting take certainly, and with the upcoming 2012 Olympics that has it's own set of conspiracies, this would actually make sense. Weed out the bugs now, so that way you know it is working perfectly for next summer's games. Hmmmm, interesting idea. S&F.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No just no!

I assume your not from the UK? if you were you would bow your head in shame at what you just said, it was a bunch of teenagers copying other riots that they seen on TV as an excuse to get free HDTV's.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whilst your theory is entire plausible your 'facts' are somewhat flawed.

Less than 1000 people have actually been arrested... Almost half of those were actually charged, meaning over half of them have been wrongly convicted.

roughycannon - I live in North London, I work in East... And whilst you're dead right about a lot of them (From Tuesday/Wednesday) being copycats - That's not strictly what the OP is saying.

The "Set up" is the fact that the Gov't allowed it to happen; that the Old Bill were strictly told to stand by, monitor and do nothing until it was too late.

Cameron, Johnson and the Commissioner were all on hols when this happened, coincidence? Think not. The EDL/Spurs Army etc. Didn't come out until it all quietened down... Coincidence? Again, think not.

The G.A/S.A will be back out in force very soon; guaranteed.
edit on 11-8-2011 by A55A551N because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

"More than 1,200 people have now been arrested across the country" That's from the online CNN article that I link to in the op.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

"More than 1,200 people have now been arrested across the country" That's from the online CNN article that I link to in the op.

It's wrong. It's 950, since Saturday. 457 actually charged.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N
Whilst your theory is entire plausible your 'facts' are somewhat flawed.

Less than 1000 people have actually been arrested... Almost half of those were actually charged, meaning over half of them have been wrongly convicted.

Well if they haven't been charged they couldn't have been convicted, just because people weren't charged doesn't mean they weren't involved, they might not have enough evidence or simply it was such a small offence the police let them go...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There was me thinking that it was just a bunch mindless youths trying to make a quick buck.

edit on 11-8-2011 by EpicKingy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
No just no!

I assume your not from the UK? if you were you would bow your head in shame at what you just said, it was a bunch of teenagers copying other riots that they seen on TV as an excuse to get free HDTV's.

Would you care to explain why the two are mutually exclusive?
I know you're right, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I don't know the OP may be on to something, they were alledgedly told to stand and observe in the first days of the London riots, seems strange.

I think they expect more riots in the future. They allow these little scummers to go nuts for a while, kind of like a farmer doing a controlled burn of grassland. They stand back and observe, and most importantly they get the ordinary hard working folks pissed off.

Once the Average Joes are sufficiently f**ked off, they will be begging the police to use more extreme measures. This means in a few months time when the economy finally goes into the toilet, and the Average Joes are on the streets, they already have their consent to use these 'extreme' measures.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

YouGov’s latest polling data on the riots provides an insight into exactly how the public has perceived the police’s methods and responses to the rioting. The use of plastic bullets, which was authorised after the third night of rioting, has support from 65 per cent of public. There is an overwhelming 90 per cent majority supporting the use water cannons.

Shockingly, some of the more extreme methods for punishing the rioters are very popular – 76 per cent support the use of tear gas and 72 per cent for the use of tasers. As a slightly unscientific addition to the poll, 70,382 have signed a petition asking for all convicting rioters to lose any benefits. (Only 33 per cent agree with Roger Helmer MEP that firearms and live ammunition should be used.)

Use of firearms...

edit on 11-8-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add another quote.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Wrong choice of words in 'wrongly convicted' I meant wrongfully arrested and they've pretty much [shockingly] admitted that was the reason they've been letting a lot of them go.

Of course there's every chance that they might not have had enough evidence to hold them but in these cases of the riots, they've not been making arrests until they've been entirely sure [according to them]

It's a vicious cycle.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicKingy
There was me thinking that it was just a bunch mindless youths trying to make a quick buck.

Guess i was wrong from your exiting unsourced/asuming thread.

Thank you for enlightening me my friend.

(sarcasm over)

Who is flagging this? the same morons that gave the OP stars im guessing.

The fact [yes, fact] that people posing as reporters are offering youths money to riot would lead one to believe there's a lot more to it... Than just Mindless Youths.

And no-one is seeming to understand what Ghost's saying... He's not saying the set up is specifically coming from the youths rioting but more the fact that it was just allowed to happen.

We all know it could have been stopped EASILY earlier on than it was allowed to do so.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Guess i was wrong from your exiting unsourced/asuming thread.

Thank you for enlightening me my friend.

(sarcasm over)

Who is flagging this? the same morons that gave the OP stars im guessing.

The fact [yes, fact] that people posing as reporters are offering youths money to riot would lead one to believe there's a lot more to it... Than just Mindless Youths.

And no-one is seeming to understand what Ghost's saying... He's not saying the set up is specifically coming from the youths rioting but more the fact that it was just allowed to happen.

We all know it could have been stopped EASILY earlier on than it was allowed to do so.

What source do you have to say reporters paid these youths firstly and secondly police didnt just stand by as you say it,they stood their lines and held strong with the men they were given.

6000 police vs a city of youthful thugs? i know who i would put my money on.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why people keep throwing these kind of threads out.

Its just useless little sh^t bags trying to loot things for free.

I understand this is a conspiracy site but sometimes a stick is just a stick.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EpicKingy

A friend of mine, who happened to be walking through Catford, S-E London at the time and mistaken for one of the thugs just because he was wearing a hooded top; listening to his iPod was specifically asked by a man in a suit and tie if he wanted to make some money... Introduced himself as a reporter and my friend was directly told he would need to join the "other group around the corner" in doing as much damage as possible in order to earn his money.

It was also widely reported [never mainstream] that other youths were made the same offer... That's my source.

And it was stated [this time in the mainstream by three officers at least, who were on duty at the time] that they had orders 'from high up' to stand by and monitor the situation, not to engage "whatever happened".

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Do you have a source for that which we can have a gander at? Even social media? Sounds interesting!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Also a friend of a friend told me that Chuck Norris started the riots with an apple.

I don't mean to mock you sir,i really don't but i would rather have solid proof rather than a story from a so called friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
England has been covered with Cameras for quite a few years.

The rioters knew they were being recorded. hence why they covered their faces.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Exactly,why would they use facial recognition software when the gov know's that 90% of the rioters would cover their face's

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

Exactly,why would they use facial recognition software when the gov know's that 90% of the rioters would cover their face's

To catch the 10% that didn't cover their faces?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join