It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Angry? Buddha Wisdom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dont you think that you are deifying a human a bit on this thread. Buda defaecates, micturates, sweats, passes flatus as any other human does. His message is try to drift towards gratitude, acceptance, trust and honesty and not to obsess. However no human can run without self-pity, resentment, fear and dishonesty combined with obsession.

Is there any scientific proof that his approach is beneficial.

To quote Seinfeld ; Serenity now, insanity tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Ye started that w me as well , and another user than this one, we are only trying to have a reasonable discussion, and you start calling 'psychosis' on people pretty quickly .

That is not acceptable . Do you think you are some sort of teacher ? Or that repression of natural anger is a good idea?

We are only saying _it is not a good idea. If you dont bare your teeth once in a while, all respect will just ebb away. For example , you dont say to a dog, "Please dont do that" while it lays a crap on the carpet > it just doesnt work. Its not a language the dog is even interested in understanding.

It happened to be a topic that interests me , and I am not a troll thanks.

You have not accepted my points , and i still beleive they were valid in the discussion.
Now I have seen this happen 3 times, I have had enough, so peace. Baiting you nearly worked, At least we all answered the replies anyway.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What was Buda`s day-job? How would he cope with working as a shelf-stacker in WalMart?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I never called "psychosis" on anyone. And I encourage everyone to go and re-read all of my responses to you and see if I treated you or anyone else unfairly. I, and others, have given you very insightful and courteous responses to your opinions on this OP. You have resorted to very hostile and incomplete tactics in responding to them without offering any sincere arguments to why you feel anger is helpful. Many others have done a great job articulating why they feel it is an essential part of our daily life, and I respectfully gave them an argument to why it is not. This is how constructive discussions work. But like I said, I must gracefully bow out of our discussion until you are ready to converse in a more respectful and sincere manner, because I have a feeling it is only causing you more anger and thus suffering. This I do not wish for you.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

"Is there any scientific proof that his approach is beneficial."

Try it for yourself and see. Don't take my words, or his words, or anyone's words, as true unless you have sincerely inquired into this subject for yourself and found what we have found. If you have not, then offer a thorough counter argument to why it is not true and I will listen. That is the scientific method in its purist form.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

As far as I am aware, Mohammed wrote the Qu'ran, as it was dictated to him by Gabriel .

I have not ignored what you said , however.

Perhaps the problem with quoting our foremost 'spiritual' leaders , is actually religion . Religion , used to control, manipulate , divide, and conquer , over several ages.

It would leave us confused, and in the dark , but as is religion, (including Buddhism) , is still being used for these ends. In overcoming that I apologise and do not wish to insult you , or anyone else.

When there is time I will review again what you have put, and your threads as you recommended.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Er no - the scientific method is that you have to prove it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This post actually did p$ss me off. I think you have issues > maybe get some help.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by dorkidori_s13

I am not going to sit back while you rip Buddha off and tell me and other people what's what with impunity .

I am going to state it : you clearly know NOTHING about enlightenment . You only know how to wrap your 'self' up .

I think you are seriously 'karmically challenged' , if you cant recognise a simple fact : other people, especially those I clearly stated : ie children, animals, the list , MATTER MORE than you do .

But how do I know you are going to tell me I am wrong ? Why dont you go and feed yourself some more of your OWN burgers?

lol, wow, look at you e-thuggin it up over there. im not ripping buddha off there buddy. im stating what ive learned about my chosen "religion", thanks. no one matters more than i, and i matter no more than anyone else. the point youre missing there chump is that were all part of a whole, not one of us is greater than another.

i mean seriously, if you wanna start a pissing match, youre gonna have to do it on your own next to a mirror. ive dealt with tons of people like you online forums for years. you like to get people riled up with responses that are completely ignorant and one sided (and also very hollow as you provide very little for arguments sake that has meat to it). your posts sound very narrow minded, like youre more interested in telling someone theyre WRONG instead of learning from what you are conversing with them about.

im not quite sure where you thought you were going with your burgers comment, but i consider myself fairly fit, thin and healthy in more than just a physical way there pardner!

and while i may not know what true enlightenment is (as none of us do until we obtain it), i am doing my best to rid my life of the things i do not need to move forward. there is no yesterday or tomorrow, there is only now.

edit on 11-8-2011 by dorkidori_s13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Er no - the scientific method is that you have to prove it.

And what did I just say? If you do not believe me that it works, if you don't take my word for it, which I told you not to do, then try to replicate my findings for yourself. If you don't believe scientists that the world is round, then what are you going to do, will you try to find out for yourself or are you just going to say they are wrong without any evidence to back up your argument?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Here is a quote from Comedian and social critic Bill Hicks. I like to remember this quote during daily life, and it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

“The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we kill those people.”

He went on to say;

“It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one.”

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I vent a lot. Helps me get rid of anger. It also creates transparency. Passive aggression is by far more destructive.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

and while i may not know what true enlightenment is (as none of us do until we obtain it), i am doing my best to rid my life of the things i do not need to move forward. there is no yesterday or tomorrow, there is only now.

edit on 11-8-2011 by dorkidori_s13 because: (no reason given)

You havent 'dealt' with anyone like me before : your ignorance of my points is continued in a nasty way > worse than anger it's slurs and lies you make against me.

At least you admit then your statement was wrong > if you studied much harder you would realise enlightenment is not 'obtainable' . Neither is it particularly desirable > you end up with a job you probably didnt want in a lonely world where no one listens to you. That's after you mind has recovered from the fact you realise _it was preordained for you .

It sounds like you are trying to rid yourself of all responsibilities > and you dont want to realise the fact that your responsibilities towards others should be held in higher regard than your own wishes, your own life .

It is these points I was trying to get across, but you are not listening. The moral high ground and true spiritual teaching is selflessness . The low ground , where you doggedly are staying , is selfishness . You wont have it enjoined on you that must take responsibility for others . Or am I wrong?

Maybe it is because you have never owned a business, never had children , never had animals to care for daily, never been handed responsibilities like these either. If I had failed to feed and water someone's stock while they took a holiday, I would certainly expect them to be angry when they got back. I wouldnt try and let them 'keep' it so that they felt burned by what is only right. It is only fair to accept responsibility for others then > today and tommorrow, for as you say, yesterday is gone by .

To Op I have in previous pages compared other wise or enlightened men to this debate about anger > they all were angry at points > Jesus , Noah, Moses , Mohammed, Jonah, and I even cited the fury of God himself. I can't see how that deserves the treatment you have assigned these points. You have denied facts point blank > but it still doesnt leave me holding them while you laugh. It's your thread remember.

Now Zac De La Rocha aint Buddha, but he has something to say about it > "Dont just lay down and take it"
And question those displaying yellow ribbons..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So has anyone talked about Karma and the law of attraction?

All of my beliefs come from my life's experiences. No one will ever convince me that Karma doesn't exist. And the Law of attraction is also something I experience often enough to fully believe in. (you can Google both principals if you want to know the details of both).

My thoughts are that anger is completely normal. You can choose to use it as you wish (as we all are given free will). You just need to realize that when you give anger you get anger. It's not always proportionate. I find you either get the same amount back or you get more back. So if you choose to use anger in your daily life at any point then when something angry or bad happens back at you, you have no one to blame but your self. When a situation happens where you don't use anger but anger finds it's way to you it's your chance to break that negative energy (negative energy is still energy).

My step-daughter has taught me loads when it comes to this principal. I've spent years trying to discipline her only to have her resist. The resistance fed my anger and I got angrier. And as I started to yell (louder and louder) she became even harder to deal with. Within the last 7 months I started a new approach. I no longer let myself get to an angry state. I started to talk to her like an adult (which she thinks she is). I started to ask her opinion of her actions. I stated getting her involved in decisions I would normally just make. And most importantly, I never yelled or got angry with her again. And let me tell you. Our relationship has blossomed. It's even gotten to a point that she talks to me about things she would never tell her mom about. She prefers to do things with me. And she even comes to me with some of her issues with boys and school issues. This experience alone is enough to convince me of the laws of attraction. But I have found more examples over the last few years I've given up ever using anger in my decision or actions. Doesn't mean I don't get angry, I just choose to put that emotion in check and clear my thoughts until I can think clearly again. With practice it comes much quicker.

I hope this isn't too long of a post. I just thought that fundamentally these 2 principals are important in this discussion.

Peace and I hope nothing but the best in everyone journey we call life!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by ZIPMATT

You should go and see if the sky is bleu , if the bird sings, if the wind moves the branches....anger is in total contrary of the Coran...now if you had been teached different then I suggest ...like my father was saying...go in the desert alone for as long as it take to fight the devil...if courageous you will win and will find out that the devil was your anger and inhibition.
Peace for you and other .

Pardon my french but that is bull : ca, c'est le bull.

The quran states clearly : find and eradicate evil

This is a new day!
Do not try to speak French when you can’t…learn it.
Our journey here on earth according to all the faith at the core, is to pass from ego to spirit.
The end of days is the end of the ego, yours, mine, and everybody.
Now we have passed from mineral to plant, plant to animal, and now animal to spirit.
Anger, jalousie, inhibition, rage, selfishness, rudeness, (you got the picture) all of them belong to the monkey brain…the animal that need spiritual evolution.
Now I know that many people like to indulge themselves in animal eminence…this is fine…you do what you please…I mean; what you can.
Many in contrary has known the emergence of a certain evolution of Self, those people really care to go behind the limitation of our animal instinct and upward from the monkey brain.
Voila.
Ps.in French you will say; ” s’est un amas de conneries”

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

So you are saying God made people to have the brains of monkeys?

I dont think so, we all have different personalities and challenges to face in life. While some people choose to do evil to others .

The people left after ariel bombardment in Afganistan or Iraq - blowing apart wedding parties etc. : these people should just learn to 'evolve' after that has happened to them ?

People in greif and despair , wailing and screaming over the body parts of their lost children , should just accept it and move on ?

I think you are still missing the point as well. There is no 'putting away' of anger when faced with a situation like that. And no putting it in a category with 'rudeness' or 'inhibition' . Anger is a necessary part of life. Reprisals are also necessary. Otherwise the bombs would just rain and rain down until no one was left .

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Anger, jalousie, inhibition, rage, selfishness, rudeness, (you got the picture) all of them belong to the monkey brain…the animal that need spiritual evolution.
Now I know that many people like to indulge themselves in animal eminence…this is fine…you do what you please…I mean; what you can.
Many in contrary has known the emergence of a certain evolution of Self, those people really care to go behind the limitation of our animal instinct and upward from the monkey brain.
Voila.

You are calling other people and me monkeys or animals > go and evolve yourself in your dreamworld .
This selfy selfishness doesnt wash w me . That includes the deluded idea here propagated that you are somehow better or more experienced than other people who dont accept your religious tripe.
You are seeing less than half the full picture > go and get the plank out of your eye before trying to remove specks from mine.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by kacou

So you are saying God made people to have the brains of monkeys? .

did i talk about god?
And where is your god or any other god as a matter of fact, when people need him...like the people that get bombed...you know the people that just under or beside the bomber.
And i never said that i am superior, i am like all the billion of people in this planet trying to figure out where and why.
But i know for sure that life is much more beautiful without anger.

end of transmission.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

did i talk about god?
And where is your god or any other god as a matter of fact, when people need him...like the people that get bombed....

The furious God of vengeance is exactly where they need him to be : remembering all those (particular) evil people in the world who deserve his wrath and retribution on the day appointed. And protecting those innocents the evil ones have murdered.
That is why they say "Allah h'ul akbar!" - "The One who is the greatest!"
They will sing this and "Alleluia" while the evil ones suffer and burn in Hell . And so will I.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Maybe it is because you have never owned a business, never had children , never had animals to care for daily, never been handed responsibilities like these either. If I had failed to feed and water someone's stock while they took a holiday, I would certainly expect them to be angry when they got back. I wouldnt try and let them 'keep' it so that they felt burned by what is only right. It is only fair to accept responsibility for others then > today and tommorrow, for as you say, yesterday is gone by .

you just keep getting cuter and cuter everytime you post. LMAO

ive owned my own business thank you. it was very successful and i sold it to someone who is enjoying just as much as i did. so thats 0-1 there bucko. i dont want kids, never really have. so 0-2. i have a cat who i love with all my heart. thats 0-3. i have plenty of responsibilities and hold a very good position with a very successful print shop here in town. so 0-4.

you sound like you really need to do some soul searching and get past your narrow view of the world. i mean seriously, your reponses are not only insulting to the people you are talking to, but insult to yourself the most. your view of the world from you posts is starting to lead me to believe you are a satanist (and a loud mouthed one at that). your views and opinions are very self centered and egotistical.

so go back to the hole you crawled out of because youre really not doing yourself any favors in this thread buddy. infact, all youve done in this thread is bring it down and make people feel like absolute garbage for talking about something that is truly fascinating and awesome to learn about (and to practice as well)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join