It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Angry? Buddha Wisdom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I still think it is funny and ironic how a thread made to transcend anger has developed into petty bickering and arguing.

Lord Buddha did not teach to sit by and watch injustice. He actually stopped such abuses with compassion and wisdom.

If we continue to be dominated by anger... continue to live in vengeance... if we perpetually live by the principle of an eye for an eye, who then will be left with sight to see? Jesus said to live by the sword is to die by the sword.

The very ones that are murdering, maiming, raping, oppressing, and dropping bombs have cultivated anger, greed, apathy, hate, and separation within themselves. If we react in the same manner, where does the suffering end? Revenge may give temporary relief, but vengeance only breeds more vengeance... how will the cycle end In such instances, revenge only serves the temporary desires of the victim, but it does not serve the benefit of a collective humanity.

Martin Luther King Jr. had the right idea of how to combat wickedness. It must be openly addressed... it must be taken out of the shadows and shouted from the roof tops for all to see... then with proactive Love, Compassion, Forgiveness, and Understanding can wickedness be transcended and suffering eliminated

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
When I was a little girl, I asked my mom a question that had been weighing me down since science class that day where we learned about evolution. Not men from apes, but naturally evolved defence systems. Such as a chameleon changing colors, a tigers teeth and sharp claws, and porcupines quills. I asked her "what did God give US?" We can not defend ourselves without weapons against lions and tigers or anything else that wants to "get" us. I will always remember what she said, because to this day, it is still the most influential answer I have ever had. She said "He gave us brains".

I wish that a victim had the choice of having their abusers keep their abuse. No one becomes a victim willingly, but that IS a much more plesant thought.

When something hurts us, we get angry. The choices we have, are to loose our minds and become blindly violent, use our brains and eleminate the threat, or find reason by examining actions against us to see if they were deserved.

It would be unnatural and unwise to do nothing. It would be unethical to sit and do nothing while an innocent person becomes victimized. We have to figure out a solution.

The theory of that story would work well in an unviolent, and kind world. That world unfortunatly does not exist.

We live in a selfish, enslaving world where knowledge is freedom.

It IS wise to lead by example and to be kind, calm, and inspiring. However sometimes it is necessary to remove threats like you would cancer.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by JPhish

That is nonsense because Mohammed was enlightened . Do you pretend to know what enlightenment is ?
edit on 11-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: spelling

I will take your response as a no. The subject is anger , not being enlightened.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: lack of response

Was Mohammed enlightened? did Mohammed even exist? I was under the impression that the historicity of Muhammad was something of great debate . . .

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with anger so long as we understand what it is. Anger is seen as negative and this is the problem. We do not embrace anger, we try to run from it or deny it because it is seen to be a bad thing. It is because we can not embrace it that it embraces us, it becomes like a tight vice like grip.
No matter what arises in the moment does not matter, for it will pass and it will pass a lot quicker if it is embraced. See the flash of anger and it will subside.
What usually happens is we feel the anger and continue it by blaming it on another. That feeling arose in you, it has nothing to do with anyone else. If you like the feeling of anger keep blaming the world for it. If you don't want anger to be ruling your life forever then see that it is nobody elses anger, it is all yours.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
WOW!

I seriously needed that, since last night I have been fuming to the point of feeling sick, even though I know this is true I still find it so difficult to not get angry.

There is a person in my life who is really negative and everytime I come into contact with him I get so angry that I feel physically ill.

What gets to me is that he is doing it on purpose and even goads me, I cannot help it even just thinking about him sets my blood to boil.

But even though I believe this is golden wisdom I cannot seem to apply it in this situation.

Maybe someone can give me advice, my girlfriend is pregnant and has this acquintance whome she has done worked for who is infatuated with her. Even though I know she has no interest in him it still gets to me because every time he comes around he tries to hug her, kiss her or hold her hand, even in my presence.

I have voiced my extreme dissatisfaction to him and to my girlfriend but he seems to relish in the anguish and anger that it causes me, and furthermore I have a problem of being very controlling ( I know and im trying to work on it )so I cant tell her to ban him from our house because I have actually done this with other people and my control issues are a major sticking point.

While writing this I came up with the idea of talking to him next time and telling him that I am not angry with him but rather feel sorry for him because It is hard to be a lecherous alcoholic who thinks too much of himself who has a string of broken marriages and no friends. So if ever he needs help or someone to talk to I am here to help him to try sort out his problems.

I am gonna give that a shot but if anyone has any ideas of how to handle the situation in an enlghtened kind of way please let me know.

Also: " He who angers you conquers you. "

Thanks for the awesome thread.

Peace, love and happiness to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is why when you get angry, you better throw it at someone quick!

2nd line
edit on 13-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

and demoncleaner - sounds like you've got a psychic vampire. Consider him/her such.
edit on 13-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

You have been inspiried, a thought arose in you, more than a thought something more real. Love and compassion for him and for yourself.
My initial reation was remove yourself from this person but as i read on i realized that this person is attatched to someone you have in your house. I will say though that sometimes the solution is to avoid people and things that make your blood boil. We are intelligent and pain is something that all animals would avoid yet humans think that they have to endure things that are painful. Never feel bad about removing things that are painful, do it by stepping away, remove yourself.
You have solved the 'problem' already though and you did while writing. Love and compassion. Grace has saved you. You saw this person for what they are and you felt compassion. Do not feel sorry for this guy though, stay with compassion. Compassion is for you both, pity is not.
Speak to him on the level of compassion and you can not go wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

that was incredibly helpful to me.
thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have not so much advises to you as to how to handle this situation because i believe you will soon or later find the way yourself.
Now, your post has brought to my memory what is important when something like that happen.
When someone you dislike enter your life this mean that this person is here to give you the best gift a person can give to another.
The gift that this person is bringing to you is the gift of revealing yourself to you.
This revelation that this person has brought to you will expand your heart to an’ extend where by one day (in this life or in other) you heart will be big enough to encompass your whole being therefore the world.
Like someone less in this thread said; am I in control of this circumstance or is it the circumstance that is in control of me?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Hey brother, I would not do what you are thinking of doing. Seriously. If you at all understood the OP you would understand that you are only inviting more suffering and anger into your heart (mind). I think you already know what to do but your emotions are getting the best of you right now. You already know your desire to control the situation is causing problems for you and your gf. It's cool, a lot of men go through this. But if you truly trust your gf then there is nothing to worry about. As you said, this guy is probably feeding off of your insecurity and anger, so he himself must be suffering quite a bit and dealing with some problems of his own. But by you telling him your not mad at him, when you are, just so you can point out his imperfections hoping he will open up to you and thus give you the upper hand, is just a bunch of mind games. And from the sound of it, this guy loves mind games, so your going to lose and end up even more pissed off to the point you may even become violent out of desperation for the upper hand.

Again, if you truly trust your gf than just let it go, there is nothing to worry about. If you don't trust her, then that is a whole other thing that your going to need to figure out. I suggest you learn some breathing exercises and meditations for stress relief. Maybe that will help you clarify why anger is always YOUR problem and not another persons.

Peace friend, and stay in touch.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Very wise words indeed.

Peace friend.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Easy to not get angry when you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. I do agree, primal anger, that is not useful and directed and channeled properly is a waste of emotion, but to say anger is completely negative across the board is easy for a philosophical prince turned pauper to say. Anger is what allows survival, it changes things, and yes, it's not fun, it's not enjoyable, but some of us have to endure and utilize it, less we just get fat, travel around spouting philosophy, and not caring about the world around us, just calling it Maya.

To quote the great philosopher, "The Terminator:"

"Anger is more useful than despair"

Another instance of getting angry as a positive thing is evident in the movie, "The Network"

I agree with anger in most forms, wreaking havoc on the soul, but a blanket statement about anger being useless and harmful is not just false, but a luxury of those who aren't in a position where they need to "get mad!"

"I'm a human being g0ddamnit! My life has value!"

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Be fearless and go deeper.

You're only dancing around on the surface of the water like a frog.

Be a shark.

Peace
edit on 13-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

speak in more obtuse riddles and maybe I'll get a better clue

peace to you my fellow being.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by kacou

Very wise words indeed.

Peace friend.

Thank you to you!
Those words are a live, i lived through this symposium of anger....i have not ascended or awaken but i have realize a little thing in our life that grows every day bigger and bigger to must probably one day to be as big as love if not love itself.
Usually people think we are abstract.
But we are not, we are alive.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkidori_s13

Maybe it is because you have never owned a business, never had children , never had animals to care for daily, never been handed responsibilities like these either. If I had failed to feed and water someone's stock while they took a holiday, I would certainly expect them to be angry when they got back. I wouldnt try and let them 'keep' it so that they felt burned by what is only right. It is only fair to accept responsibility for others then > today and tommorrow, for as you say, yesterday is gone by .

you just keep getting cuter and cuter everytime you post. LMAO

ive owned my own business thank you. it was very successful and i sold it to someone who is enjoying just as much as i did. so thats 0-1 there bucko. i dont want kids, never really have. so 0-2. i have a cat who i love with all my heart. thats 0-3. i have plenty of responsibilities and hold a very good position with a very successful print shop here in town. so 0-4.

you sound like you really need to do some soul searching and get past your narrow view of the world. i mean seriously, your reponses are not only insulting to the people you are talking to, but insult to yourself the most. your view of the world from you posts is starting to lead me to believe you are a satanist (and a loud mouthed one at that). your views and opinions are very self centered and egotistical.

so go back to the hole you crawled out of because youre really not doing yourself any favors in this thread buddy. infact, all youve done in this thread is bring it down and make people feel like absolute garbage for talking about something that is truly fascinating and awesome to learn about (and to practice as well)

Its not then, i only said maybe > you didnt add how you are a guardian of anything AT ALL but a bird murdering cat and yours truly. Some buddhist

Passive agression? Calling me a satanist ? Having fun there?
edit on 13-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. It is really helpfull.

The guy is indeed a psychic vampire and I do treat him as such.

I also discussed this with my girlfriend and she had the same viewpoint as the OP and I agree, my original plan did constitute a mind game and was not sincere, I know this is wrong but I have yet to find something I can do.

I sincerely feel sorry for him but that does not mean I am not angry at him for trying to goad me, I was a bit mean in describing him, he does have problems ( alcoholism, low self esteem, family issues ) but considering what he has done I would not be able to be sincere about my offer of help and it would just be an insidious ploy to demean him, guess I have to think of another way to handle the situation.

Thanks for all the help.

Peace, love and respect to you all.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
guess I have to think of another way to handle the situation.

Here is your way, posted by another.

"I will say though that sometimes the solution is to avoid people and things that make your blood boil. We are intelligent and pain is something that all animals would avoid yet humans think that they have to endure things that are painful. Never feel bad about removing things that are painful"

You cannot expect yourself to help everyone, you can not burden yourself with this. you must come to realise that some people are impossible and that with every lingering second you are encompassed by this impossibility you are losing love and peace into emptiness. Where we have light we have dark, where we have love we have hate. where we have peace we have anger. understand it, embrace it, trust yourself & react to it.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anger doesn't manifest itself to me as much as it used to. I have come to find that it is because of the way I feel about my life beyond this body. It seems so easy for me to be able to control every aspect of my feelings, and by understanding that "for every is an isn't" and that nothing really means anything, things have become much clearer and easy for me to handle and digest. I am not saying that i do not have pain or other natural human experiences, but i surely do not invest much into the negative when there is always something much more beautiful going on. It is wonderful to be freshly enlightened. I feel as if I have learned more in the past year than I have my whole human life. I would just say that I am catching on to the game much earlier this go round, as per Alan Watts.

I attribute my awakening to Buddhist and Hinduism beliefs as well as understanding that I am everything that exists and doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join