It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet E or how to fabricate a doomsday…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok, another comet E thread, you think… Guilty, your honor… but actually I don’t wanna discuss the validity of all the theories whether comet E is going to hit earth as a comet, a long lost planet or one the 7 dwarfs. I’m not interested in his responsability for all the disasters this year be it earthquakes, volcano eruptions or my personal financial crisis…

I simply wanna state that it is amazing how a tiny little comet became the harbinger of doom in just less than 6 months…

Yesterday my best friend called me, puzzled and asked me if I heard about the comet. I asked him why. He told me that his sister and her daughter are preparing themselves for the impact. She and her daughter know for a fact (the internet) that a certain comet is going to hit earth in october and that the best thing we can hope for are some earthquakes and tsunamis. She already knew the end was near but originally it was scheduled for 2012 and she thought she still had some time. He asked me for help. I told him that she was talking about comet E and that this was all bs and just your everyday doomsday theory. He told me she was so embarrassed she could hardly speak. He wanted to calm her and asked me if I could send him some more info that would back up my words. I just said: "You know, there’s a nifty little search engine called google…” but he interrupted me and said he didn’t find anything useful there… So I googled myself and guess what? He was right! with a ratio 10:1 the doomsday proclamations outweighed the scientific explanations! (we are talking about german hits since his English is not the best) I remembered that last time I checked (2 months ago) it was approx. 1:1 or 2:1 at the most… What has happened?

So I read most of the links and I started to realize that the story was like the proverbial snowball turning into an avalanche. The story gained momentum and grew bigger with every passing day . The chronological order goes something like this:

10.12.2010 Lucky bastard and amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin discovered comet E
"Potentially dangerous? Nah... Too small, too far away (you wish!)"

January 2011 - Sorry, say again. What was the name of the guy? Leonid Elenin??? That's no real name!!!! That's the most obvious cover-up since the faked moon landing! Leonid ELE-NIN!!! Get it?

Hm, I thought... Sounds russian to me. But what do I know... Being a huge fan of riddles I tried to solve it myself: leonid, leonid.... There was a sowjet union leader called leonid brezhnev... One down two to go... Ele... is the first syllable of elephant! That was easy... And the last one... Yessss... Anais NIN, the famous writer of erotic literature and lover of Henry Miller!!!! When I finished praising my vast common knowledge I tried to make sense of it... A russian leader making love to an elephant? Though the thought of it is amusing where is the doom...? So what did the other kids came up with? I asked my good old pal google again.

Leonids are a meteor shower... Okay

E-L-E = extinction level event (god, I loved the movie! Remembering the scene at the beach with tea leoni and max schell I still get tears in my eyes)

ELEven NINe - self-explanatory (for all the non-europeans out there: the russians have the european date format... Just read it backwards... NO NOT enin nevele!!! NINE ELEVEN!)

I see... Actually I liked my solution better but let's go with the flow...
Ok, so this is uncanny... But it's getting better...

March 2011 - extinction level event eleven nine or short elenin is no comet! It's a brown dwarf!!! Wtf? As if a dwarf star isn't enough bad news, it is brown too! (tbh I had no clue what a brown dwarf was but thanks to wiki) - ok, now it's time to start getting worried...

April 2011 - NASA is confirming the bad news! Expecting a press release I was a little dispappointed when i saw a youtube video with very ugly graphics of planetary alignments provided by a program from JPL (isn't there an xbox version with hd graphics?) ok, in short: all the major earthquakes including fukushima were caused by brown elenin! And we have NASA to back it up! I immediately made a list of items I may need in the next years...

May 2011 - Chinese scientists say, that brown elinin is not coming alone! There are alien spacecrafts right behind... Viciously hiding in the coma... Reading it I almost fell into coma too... A brown dwarf hitting eath AND an alien invasion??? I briefly thought if brown elenin destroys earth what are the aliens here for? to search the debris? To broadcast the descruction live to their homeworld? But I was too depressed to follow that trail...

Ok friends... So it's goodbye then... We are done... One last month... How are you going to spend it? Any ideas...?

PS: just in case, that E is just a comet, 2-3 km in size and passing earth in a safe distance of 0,23 AU: does anybody know how to convert the underground shelter in my garden into a swimmingpool?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't know, I need beer and I'm a teen. It's sad and pathetic, we're getting crazier and it's helping no one.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
What exactly is your point here? That your friend heard about the fearmongering?

If it is to discuss the dangers of this (harmless) comet, then I'm sure you will find hundreds of threads here discussing the subject.. Starting another thread just puts another fearmongering link out there, for people like your friend to find and be scared about.. Which I think Is the point you were trying to make..
edit on 11/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
What exactly is your point here? That your friend heard about the fearmongering?

If it is to discuss the dangers of this (harmless) comet, then I'm sure you will find hundreds of threads here discussing the subject.. Starting another thread just puts another fearmongering link out there, for people like your friend to find and be scared about.. Which I think Is the point you were trying to make..

I was honestly too tired to know what to do with this or what to say but thank you, MisterLondon you have summed it up.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beltemps

Ok friends... So it's goodbye then... We are done... One last month... How are you going to spend it? Any ideas...?

hopefully not writing new elenin threads and contributing to the hysteria

that would be a great way to spend the last month

if it was real anyway, but its not. so ... next....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

ELEven NINe - self-explanatory (for all the non-europeans out there: the russians have the european date format... Just read it backwards... NO NOT enin nevele!!! NINE ELEVEN!)

I agree with this part. But you can take it further.

Comet X1 Elenin

Visually 'X1' looks like XI, roman numeral for 11.

11 / Ele(ven) / Nin(e)

11/11/9 (yy/mm/dd)

Go back 10 years to the events of 9/11 and what do you see?

9/11 + twin towers

Twin towers visually look like an 11.

9/11/11 (dd/mm/yy)

What's the connection? What is the significance of this date? Maybe you have already been told what is going to happen, but you do not yet have 'eyes that can see', or 'ears that can listen'.

Visual symbology is a very useful 'code', it gives you plausible deniability.

st.

P.S. Elenin is ZERO threat to Earth.
edit on 11-8-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that a trail of government documents and news stories started in 1983 about a star coming in close proximity to the sun in 2012 turned into a harmless comet. Obama said it would be alright so I'm content!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Very funny post OP. I enjoyed it very much this morning. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
so plucking dates to match 11/9 (9/11) implies a human/govt conspiracy about a comet?
(coz a comet can't be ordered on e-bay and delivered when requested).

does that then mean someone gets an air burst nuke over their city/country,
and the govt says "not us, that was elenin"

even though other countries satelites would pick up a signature from it

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

What? You know with numerology if you look closely at any set of numbers you'll find patterns? That doesn't mean those patterns are a sign of something...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by SatoriTheory

What? You know with numerology if you look closely at any set of numbers you'll find patterns? That doesn't mean those patterns are a sign of something...

Yup, the universe is built on mathematics, I know. However, you are talking numerology, I am talking symbology.

Let me ask you this, what would it take for you to accept a 'pattern' is a sign of something? Not necessarily what we are talking about here, but in general, what would it take?

st.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

When I went to school we called articles like that satire... but maybe that has changed in the meantime...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

hopefully not writing new elenin threads and contributing to the hysteria

that would be a great way to spend the last month

if it was real anyway, but its not. so ... next....

You have to be a little patient. Nibiru is still about 8au out, following Elenin. There is some time left.

Not much, probably less than a year and a half. The reports of amatuer astronomers viewing Nibiru will start coming in by the end of the year. Nibiru is affecting the sun some already. Eventually you will hear the POTUS himself give a public speech on this, but with only a few months remaining.

You will ask yourself, "Why did they lie to us?"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

You have to be a little patient. Nibiru is still about 8au out, following Elenin. There is some time left.

And your source for this "information"...?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Comet E threads are all cool reads if you keep your head and don't get sucked in.

It will all be over (one way or the other) in a couple of months, so set back, relax, and enjoy the show until then.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Very funny post OP. I enjoyed it very much this morning. Thanks.

I just got it! Comet E!

Comedy!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

This just shows what the OP is talking about. The 1983 Washington Post article said nothing of the sort. What it says is that unidentified objects were found in the IRAS survey. One of the objects was said to have possibly been a new Jupiter or larger sized planet in the solar system among many other possibilities. Regardless, whatever it was it was not approaching Earth. What these objects really turned out to be were ultra-luminous distant galaxies and an infrared cirrus. However, the mythology around this article has grown so much people are claiming that its proof Nibiru is going to pass-by in 2012. If people would actually take the time to read primary sources as opposed to reading a blog or watching a YouTube video we wouldn't have this problem. However, it seems like people are more interested in fearmongering than the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

This just shows what the OP is talking about. The 1983 Washington Post article said nothing of the sort. What it says is that unidentified objects were found in the IRAS survey. One of the objects was said to have possibly been a new Jupiter or larger sized planet in the solar system among many other possibilities. Regardless, whatever it was it was not approaching Earth. What these objects really turned out to be were ultra-luminous distant galaxies and an infrared cirrus. However, the mythology around this article has grown so much people are claiming that its proof Nibiru is going to pass-by in 2012. If people would actually take the time to read primary sources as opposed to reading a blog or watching a YouTube video we wouldn't have this problem. However, it seems like people are more interested in fearmongering than the truth.

So there is no Nibiru? Yes or no. It is not about 8au out? Yes or no. It is not heading directly toward our solar system on the same flight trajectory as Elenin? Yes or no.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

And your source for this "information"...?

So there is no Nibiru? Yes or no. It's not coming directly toward our solar system? Yes or no.

Remember it's better to tell the truth than to be caught lying.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

So there is no Nibiru? Yes or no. It's not coming directly toward our solar system? Yes or no.

No, there is no Nibiru because Zachariah Sitchin made that fairy tale up. Since it doesn't exist, it can't be headed towards our Solar System. If it were 8 AU away, it would be extremely visible even to the unaided eye, as has been pointed out countless times before. Now, where is the source for your assertions?

Remember it's better to tell the truth than to be caught lying.

Please heed your own advice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join