It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke a cig, get 15 days in jail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
IM a smoker, but why should anyone be treated as a criminal for using a LEGALY sold item? that isnt fair at all, its just another way to oppress and screw with us taxpayers. yeah its bad for you, but its LEGAL, and thier is no law asaying you cannot throw a cigg butt into the street, gutter or ashtray. littering yes, but specifically for cigg butts nope. ide fight this in court.
i find it amsuing, our leaders aka thieves* make a big stink about cigg smoke, yet never lashed out at industry tearing down trees, taking away our oxygen supply* allowing chemicals to be poured down the drian..i work in retail, and years ago, KODAK machines for 1 huor photo, the toxic brow liquid was simply poured downt he drains here in southwest CT..its only past year or so, theyve required that nasty brown , silver tainted ,iquid to be in containers, which were stored in employee and public bathrooms for a bit. the state dosnt care, at least the state of CT theyde rather protect the retil chani, than the employee or person reporting the eco disaster.
its ok to let carbon monoxide out into the air, and allow jumbo jet planes from JFK to fly less than half a mile over residential areas, all taht spent jet fumes coming down..that is never addressed as a concern, at least to us... no cigg smoke is*
what utter rubbish and oppressing acts these are

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
if they REALLY cared, theyde go afte malrboro, winston, lcuky strike, ect ect and shut em down. they dont. they go after us taxpayers who bought formt he same ones lobbying in the whitehouse for that matter.
their looking for any excuse to make money and lock people up..
geesh im gunna head out to have a ciggarrette now after typing this

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If they round up us smokers, how will they fund their entitlements? As far as I can recall, smoking is still legal?
This council should be thrown out and jailed.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In California and other states similar anti smoking laws, but less extreme, have been around for a while now not just in parks(they say fire hazard) but in bars and restaurants that used to have smoking sections. Looks like they are banning smoking in public places all over. Already heard of somewhere out west in America that wants to ban smoking in cars. I don't smoke, nor see it as particularly healthy but to one's own accord I dislike the limiting freedoms put onto people.
edit on 10-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Personally, bien a nicotine addict, no thanks marlboro...i like to think and take pleasure realting you too nazi germanys death camps, like AUSWITCH , which i visited very thoroughly in 1992....gas them to death, with the chemcical. all the chemicals found in cigg smoke, keeping epople intentionally addicted...same principlae aplpys in my mind..only in Auswitch they had no choice...you and me have to fight the cravings.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The EPA raised the level of Safe Radiation for Humans,
which means the radiation level of cigarettes is safe now..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
many soaps and shampoos we all use, commercially available, are toxic. neutrogena, finesse, just he basics, tressemme, pantene..many have sodium lauryl sulfate, derived from sulpheric acid. paetroaltum, derived fromt he hydrocarbons of crude oil..is put in many soaps...dial has triclosan..known to be toxic now and harmful to reproductive system...theirs many others...and that goes down the drain, and after processed, which around me, they let the sewage after removing solids, into large pools with some knida bacteria they add, to help promote disitigration of bad stuff, then its released back into the ocean...its impossible to get rid of everything! when i was yonger in the 80's august and september, there was always brown stuff flaoting onto the beach,t he sewage treatement plant located dricetly across the street, not even a quarter of amile away....signs were posted not to swim.......
and cigg smoke is more important than keepin water and fresh water clean???? i guess we shuold ask BP amocco , since the Horizon spill last year, that us taxpayers picked the biill up on hugh? government and leaders didnt seem to care about the economical mess, more about the $$$$
god,t ey jsut treat us like cattle more and more

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

i have never had anyone do any of the things you listed. i have, however, had smoke blown in my face all the time by smokers. nearly every day.

if i wanted to smoke...i'd put a effing cigarette in my mouth.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
But what if the smoker pulls out his Zippo lighter?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Then i shall smoke my next cigarette on top of snowdon, or maybe i shall buy my own private island. Do you know what i hate peoplle with personal hygiene problems, I HATE THAT SMELL, should they be banned becauise theyre smell upsets me.Also the smell of stale beer in pubs, blurgh.

Just smoke outside of a park, playground, beach, pool or other public area. You don't smoke in walmart do you?

I hate those body odors too. They don't cause cancer, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Are they trying to start riots?
that's how it will end, at least.

Reading the article and seeing your post made me think.

A few years back the FDA announced that nicotine was a drug and was under their regulation authority, at which point the push was to get rid of cigarettes / tobacco. The court told the FDA they could not do that and things went back to normal (If I remeber right the issue was only Congress could decide and not the FDA on their own).

Since then we have seen all over the country cities / counties passing laws to restrict / eliminate smoking in certain places, with that list expanding.

Im wondering if we are seeing regulation being snuck in the backdoor?

Personally speaking I dont smoke and am ok with laws prohibiting it in certain places, especially resteraunts. I hate trying to eat while being enveloped in a cloud of smoke.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
wow, awesome go after the smokers, never mind kids not being safe from being murdered on their way home from school, drive-bys and other such. of course you can avoid jailtime if you pay the fine, which is ultimately what this is all about. lots of people in new york are buying their tax free tobacco at the reservations upstate so as to not pay the ridiculous prices for ciggies in NY due to taxes.

this is truly disgusting really, it's about leeching money off of captive people who are addicted to nicotine, i suppose junkies and crackheads will be going through this soon as well.

but no fines for the greedheads and mammon worshipers, who've caused more death and pain than cigarettes ever did. especially the ones in control of NYC lately, the same trash that are hiding over 2.2 trillion dollars of investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds etc) [look up C.A.F.R.[google and ATS search]] while claiming they need to raise taxes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Im not sure why the police are being brought up in this. The city government passed the ordinance, not the police.

Secondly its impossible to go after murders, protect children, drive by shootings prior to the crime being committed.

If this is going to be a big deal to the citizens of the city, shouldnt they take part in government and have the law changed / removed?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

lol, sensitive much?

or maybe you have too many tabs open and replied to the wrong thread?

where did i mention police? i was talking about the crooks in city hall.

edit on 10-8-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: too

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol, sensitive much?

Not at all... You made the suggestion that maybe they should go after murderers and others... The only agency that can do that is police.

Feel free to try and walk your statement back though.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

i have never had anyone do any of the things you listed. i have, however, had smoke blown in my face all the time by smokers. nearly every day.

if i wanted to smoke...i'd put a effing cigarette in my mouth.

If I'm off on the side of my building (smoke break) and you walk up to me, past me or anything along those lines and expect me to put out my cigarette you're an arrogant worthless human being.

I will smoke where I want so long as it's outdoors, if you don't want to be around it, YOU avoid me, that simple. You're a grade A retarded idiot if you think you'll catch cancer off a brief 2 second exposure to smoke, and even more retarded to try and claim those brief windows "add up", they don't.

My point? I'm not going to waste my money putting out a cigarette because you're entirely ignorant on a subject and believe you're going to die as a result.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by LordBaskettIV

The looks you get are hilarious. Even better when people tell you no smoking in here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol, sensitive much?

Not at all... You made the suggestion that maybe they should go after murderers and others... The only agency that can do that is police.

Feel free to try and walk your statement back though.

argumentative much?
lol i see what your new job is now

once again: city hall passed these laws/regulations/ordinances the police are just the robots that enforce them without thinking.

and they could have prevented that kid's kidnapping and murder by assigning more friendly neighborhood beat cops, but of course that's not on the agenda.

stay on topic you'll make a fine carnivorous lawyer someday,
but you really need to deal with each thread one at a time.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Im not a lawyer and have no desire to become one.

You dont seem to understand how government or police operations work. I am assuming you are not from the states. If you are you may want to brush up on on government 101 and compare your comment with actual stats.

The police cant arrest / go after people until they commit a crime, unless your advocating a more communist guilty till proven innocent future crimes bureau setup?

You made a comment, I called you out because it was incorrect. Dont kill the messenger for your mistake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join