It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA "mentally ill"? What's wrong with the USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
may as well put on the gordon lightfoot and we'll sing wreck of the edmund fitzgerald..
if you havent noticed ,,the mental illness is contagious and spreading.
canada is in the same canoe and you should be able to hear the waterfall by now.
but square enough we'll focus on the usa.. the military might of the new world order.
it's a pentagon for a reason..and after WWll the nazis were repositioned here and went right to work-
decades to prepare for another "project for a new american century"
americans are heavily medicated it's in the food and water,, militarized, warped on violent video war simulators/stimulators and you are our partner .cause england says so. look at your g-20 summit get the picture?
anyway..i gotta fondle my weapon..i'm out of medication and got no beer money..
its 114 degrees..an emergency at some of the nuke plants. mexican pouring across the border
and its chem trail day!
brother if you aint mentally ill , then youre not paying attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

What you're describing could easily be viewed as a type of mental illness, whereby the tools of mental wellness are, according M. Scott Peck in "The Road Less Travelled; A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth", the four tools of discipline, which are:

1) Delay of Gratification
2) Acceptance of Responsibility
5) Comittment and dedication to the truth
4) Balancing

When these four pillars lose integrity, we become mentally ill to a greater or lessor degree whereby "neurosis is always the substitute for legitimate suffering" (Carl Jung)

Do you see what I mean by the title? This isn't an attempt to down the US, nor is this driven by anti-American sentiment, but simply a desire to get to the root and source of the problem and try to discern and make an accurate diagnosis in the pursuit and hope, however dim or remote it might appear, that a curative solution may be uncovered.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I completely agree....
Unfortunately it would require many people to set aside ego and I don't see that ever happening. Not here....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Both astute and hilarious. If we all lose our sense of humor, all IS lost, so thank you.

edit on 10-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Are we bearing witness to the fall of an empire?

I would have to say you answered that yourself, Rome is burning. The rich and powerful are even beyond themselves, over confidence and over spending, the legions are off fighting to expand the empire, which is just now coming to light that the elites can’t afford and is doomed to fail. The Huns are at our boarders and beyond (illegals and extremists) which the elites failed to ward off. And last but not least, the people were living fat on the hog for so long they forgot how to care for themselves. They gave away their freedoms for a little false security and it blew up in their face. It happened before, why not again? This is the path every empire has taken, history proves it. sad but true, nothing lasts whilst unkept and not maintained properly.
edit on 10-8-2011 by minesweeper because: grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Mentally ill, no.

Brainwashed, yes.

Ask an American what the best country in the world is and 90+% will say they US, including ones who have never been abroad. If any americans dont believe me, ask your friends that question.

The unquestioning cheerleading they do about their own country is laughable. People here are more switched on but that doesnt apply to the general public.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I talk to people on the streets as often as I can.
It can all be summed up in one sentence.
The apathy, the resentment, maybe
even the so-called insanity.

Pay me, if you want me to care.

Put all the spin on it you want.
The American mental state, Insanity, what ever.
My own comment is to say: avoid facing that quote at your own peril.

David Grouchy
edit on 10-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The problems with America is that we are being poisoned everyday; from too much fluoride in the water to the toxic smog of being an industrialized nation completely dependent on oil...

We are tired, over worked, and to keep economy going we are hypnotized into believing the materialism and consumerism is the way to keep our status going.

The problem is, many people are waking up and realizing that its not utopia and when we try to slow down our lives, we cant. Mothers may want to stay home and raise their children but CANT...That is just one example of how we are sucked in and cant really get out. Well, we can but if everyone were to do it, the economy would collapse because we aren't spending the money....its all a catch 22.

I love being American for the most part, I work full time plus, but only 3 days a week, I get to choose my religion, homeschool my kids, live on a farm, eat my own livestock and veggies and shoot a gun when I feel the need for a release....I am very thankful for the things I have, but I work very hard for them!!

I have learned to go to thrift stores for clothing and recycle as much as I can. Americans are going through a transformation right now thats all. Our economy may have to fall to do it, but we will be better off in the long run because we will be getting back to nature and the natural flow off life.........

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

YES

edit on 10-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Too bad that, instead of the whole war on terror meme, the administration who came in post-Clinton didn't declare a national crisis/emergency in terms of economic viability within the framework of an increasingly competitive global economy, and put the two trillion spent on death and destruction, into domestic human intellectual capital development (including all manner of human infrastructure like inter-city high speed rail corridors), the lifeblood of any nation as much as it is for any company big or small, or simply put a "smartening up" policy, as opposed to dumbing down, a policy position faithful to the ideal that is (was) the USofA.

What a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Is the USA "mentally ill"? What's wrong with the USA?

And more importantly, who is responsible? And can it be fixed? Can "Humpty Dumpty" be put back together again..?

Insert World in place of USA and you might be on a better track to finding an answer...

Bearing witness to the rise of corporatism and globalization?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Is the USA "mentally ill"?

...we're not all retards - - - yet...

What's wrong with the USA?

...the same thing thats wrong with a lot of countries - the predominate belief that fantasy is reality... its been reinforced for so long that, somewhere along the way, it became the genetic code that produces profound mental retardation...

And more importantly, who is responsible?

...way too late to worry about that now...

And can it be fixed?

...maybe the genetic code can be reprogrammed via thousands of years of not indulging in fantasy...

Can "Humpty Dumpty" be put back together again..?

...humpty dumpty = fantasy... go to your room and dont come back until you've read war and peace from cover to cover 100 times...

...maybe but, if it doesnt happen in our lifetime, it will eventually happen... btw, "the empire" is the british empire (which canada is also a part of, as is aussieland)... did this insanity start in britain?... probably not but, like i said, its way too late to worry about that now...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We are not any more mental then any other society.

Cut us some slack.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Check this out, and please disregard which side anyone stands on, the message here is dead on imo! Food for thought...

Warning: some vulgar language

Former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors, Christina Romer

Vision anyone?!
I was so moved by this episode I did a thread on it Here, and I thought it was a very frank and honest discussion about these trying times.

peace,
spec
edit on 10-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Is the USA mentally ill?

I know I am that's for damn sure. I can't speak for the other 309,999,999 Americans though.
I think LadyS nailed it right on the head with regards to whats happened to Earth not just the US.

Originally posted by LadyS
Bearing witness to the rise of corporatism and globalization

edit on 10-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's just a grieving process.

We're mourning the demise of man.

Eventually we'll accept it and move on.

Until then, enjoy the circus!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The corporation has a psychopathic disorder. It is regulated that decisions are to be based on financial self interest and there is limited liability with the social and environmental consequence.

The media is delusional. The fourth estate has been taken over by the propaganda machine that spins, twists and covers the facts with hazy opinionated pieces to leave people in a state of ignorant bliss. It is legally allowed to lie.

The banks are egotistical and insecure. The believe they make the world go round when in fact gravity does. They want to control the world through hoarding all the money and enslave the population through debt. They are almost at this point through years of work but fail to realise that there is just too much going on in society for them to control it all with any level of effectiveness.

The government is schizophrenic. It thinks it has a left and right side which is in constant conflict. When it does finally make a decision it is just pages of incoherent babble that its members do not fully understand but somehow profit from.

The military has a disassociation disorder. They are trained not to think, just follow orders.

The secret services are paranoid. With so much fear and distrust no one knows what really is going on so the soft targets are attacked as the perpetual lies just keep going around while the real threats just keep getting bigger and stronger.

The public is stuck in this mad house...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Well said man, although we as citizens hold some responsibility in all of this, we are also part of the collective rotting hearts and psychosis around us and leading us.

Further disenchanted,
spec

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Awesome post! Thank you for your take on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lying, cheating, stealing, manipulating, to cover up, be better than, bigger than, to gain an advantage, are all signs of a personality disorder. Most Goverments suffer these symptoms. The goverments that don't are usually co dependant on their psycho leader! Mental illness rules

The cure is, to be lead by people who understand totally that they are a servant of the public, integrity, honesty, compassion, firm sense fo self, all descriptors that can not be used politically in this day and age.

Such a shame, so many suffer for so few to benefit!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join