It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA "mentally ill"? What's wrong with the USA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
There are just so many possible angles here to cover. I could go into a long winded analysis about what I think is wrong with the USA, from the perspective of an outsider looking in, but I'm beginning to realize that I'm not neccessarily the smartest or most erudite member here at ATS (yes, I'm beginning to get over my infantile, narcissistic, megalomaniacal, grandiosity), so what are your thoughts..

And more importantly, who is responsible? And can it be fixed? Can "Humpty Dumpty" be put back together again..?

Are we bearing witness to the fall of an empire?

i'm tempted to reply yes, no, and yes.

but the whole world or most of it is walking into a carefully psychologically thought out plan to screw them by the NWOdour.
it will only come undone if enough sheeple wake up in time. but if several aquaintences of mine still buy the official 911 story and are automatically fearful of moslems then i conclude insomnia is the order of the day. in the meantime war will break out and the evil will consume itself and take many good folk with it.
fortunately its all just a hologram and this dream will be replaced by another. but damn! it seems so real it hurts.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Ah, but to the contrary we are all of us the whole world over waking up to both the smaller and the larger truths, and so that particular psychological viewpoint or paradigm, as a domain, is fast shrinking in the very face of the cosmogenesis of the noosphere, illuminated by the now ever increasing radiant light of rising Civil Conscious Awareness. In truth, that is the very purpose of this thread when you really think about it.

Truth to power my American friends. Truth to power. And the truth IS that YOU are that very power, at the most fundamental level, and are therefore responsible and at cause as the active historical participants and free willl causal agents that you and we and us. really and truly are.

Behold! The meek shall inherit the Earth (historical causation).

Ther is good news then, and a silver lining in this dark cloud we now find ourselves under.

Hope lives eternal.

Cheers.

NAM

edit on 11-8-2011 by NewAgeMan because: To be unreasonably reasonable is reason itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
The reality is that the system in place is way too far down the road for us to stop it now. The dollar will crash, the economy will crash, and there will be chaos.... but from that darkness the great people of this country who truly care, the ones you don't hear about in the media, will rise up to lead this country back to glory.... well maybe not glory but maybe atleast we'll have a stable society, economy, and gov't afterwards.... or maybe after SHTF we'll just end up in Zimbabwe....

Just everyone from outside the United States needs to realize that there are a lot of us that want change but the plutocracy that is the USofA has been damned and it has been damned by no one but its own people. We have no one else to blame and we will, soon enough, face the consequences.

It just makes me sad.

No problem can be solved unless it is first understood.

You are way ahead of many in realising that there is no possibility of preventing an utter collapse and no right-minded person should attempt to prevent it either. As long as it exists, many may feel compelled to justify the grotesque monstrosity called the USA. The only thing that the country has been good at ever since its creation as an independent country is in engaging in extreme hypocricy (witness slave-owners like Thomas Jefferson waxing eloquent about liberty) and murder. So it has struggled to keep inventing reasons for its existence always employing these two horrendous qualities.

The collapse is a great opportunity to distance yourselves from this past, by dismantling the monstrosity and the broken up components behaving as human societies should, responsible and respectful of others.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its not the USA thats mentally ill but the people must be a little deranged to accept the crap thats being dished out to them now and in recent times. Not to mention a constitution that screws the people and feeds the very few!!

Fed Reserve. Dont make me laugh. Its a joke on the populas of the US who have my sympathy.

Doesnt mean that elsewhere is much better but the USA setup is F....ng unbelievable!
edit on 12-8-2011 by RoguePhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Obama disagrees..

Obama: "Nothing wrong with U.S."
CNN - Friday August 12th
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its a mixture of things....

1 in 66 americans are on antipsychotic drugs (xanax, klonopin(benzodiazepines))

Everything we do has some connection to either violence or competition - violence is a culture here in the U.S. The majority of our bestselling videogames are FPS. We're really relaxed on violent content compared to Europe and the majority of the movies broadcasted on television have to deal with violence.

Most of the water supply is fluoridated and they are actually debating on whether putting LITHIUM in the public water supply.

Our media makes everything a competition and our political system has divided the country. The media misinforms the public on a regular basis... [there is evidence that Fox News edited their polls from their debate last night, with one person posting screen shots of the results right after the polling showing Ron Paul with 60% of the votes, with more than 4000 more votes than second place but miraculously this morning Paul was in 2nd place with merely 1800 votes... Fox News took the poll down after someone made the post about it lol]

GMOs are what we eat. 80% of all our conventional food supply has some sort of GMO ingredient and GMOs have been proven to be toxic to living things. Also the White House just deregulated GMO alfalfa and sugar beets which are in everything from sweeteners in cereals and the majority of other breakfast grains, dairy products such as milk and cheese, in our beef as the result of the cattle feed and such..... so pretty much nearly 95% of all our food supply will be infected with toxins which have been shown to pass through the umbilical cord and into unborn babies.

Our politicians act like children.

I don't want to keep ranting right now... I may finish later.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

You're on a roll, I realize it's difficult and painful, but it's important. Please, go on...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I can't make a lick of sense of your reply.

Did you really mean to reply to me?

Did you read my post?

If you answered yes to both of those, HOW THE HELL DOES YOUR POST ADDRESS ANYTHING I WROTE

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There's something to be said for survival of the fittest. When you save everyone, you negate natural selection. The intelligent beings only breed what they can take care of and the others have kid after kid after kid - and they are all taken care of through our entitlement programs. Bad genetics breeding like rabbits while the superior genetics is being rationed. After three generations, you've got a population of lazy morons and sheisters leading the poor gullible sheep around.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I can't make a lick of sense of your reply.

Did you really mean to reply to me?

Did you read my post?

If you answered yes to both of those, HOW THE HELL DOES YOUR POST ADDRESS ANYTHING I WROTE

Interesting reply..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Obama disagrees..

Obama: "Nothing wrong with U.S."
CNN - Friday August 12th
www.cnn.com...

You guys have no sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

There are just so many possible angles here to cover. I could go into a long winded analysis about what I think is wrong with the USA, from the perspective of an outsider looking in, but I'm beginning to realize that I'm not neccessarily the smartest or most erudite member here at ATS (yes, I'm beginning to get over my infantile, narcissistic, megalomaniacal, grandiosity), so what are your thoughts..

And more importantly, who is responsible? And can it be fixed? Can "Humpty Dumpty" be put back together again..?

Watch Stanley Kubrick's "Shinning" and all your questions will be answered.

PS: The Overlook Hotel is America.
edit on 8/13/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

To answer, yes. America has become bi-polar. We have our manic/happy stages where we grow, create, invent, innovate, build, spread, achieve.
Then we get depressed. We invade over-regulate, write stupid laws, taze, haze, harrass, abuse, berate, insult, lie, cheat, steal.

Forget flouride in the water.

We need prozac.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

My question to all you US folk who do you believe????????????????

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Interesting reply..

Yeah, well is that because you are self-conscious to the possibility that you made connections that aren't there, or do you think I was incapable of making the connections you did, or are you thinking maybe you're nuts, and I called you out...or none of the above ?!

I just don't get you.

That's all.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
Two words: Mass Brainwashing. From the day of birth, people in this country are taught that they are sooooo lucky that they live in the free USA and that anyplace else would be horrible. Elementary kids swear an oath to the state called the pledge of allegiance every day. Everyone believes serving the military is the highest thing you can aspire to, when in fact it is absolutely despicable to support the elite NWO agenda. Media propaganda is all-encompassing. We are zombies. We need help.

I found this is true too. An american living outside the US, I had a long period of waking up to reality.
Right now I have a young cousin visiting from the US, and I feel desperately embarrassed, as I have almost every time one of my distant relatives (I've never met) decides to send me one of their kids for the summer- they are sweet kids, in general, good people- but they are SO arrogant and ignorant!!! They make comments that just glare out how they are superior, their country is superior to all others, and of course we all know that. They expect to be treated with special reverance because they are american.

They turn off the people here that approach them with friendly interest. My own kids and husband end up soon getting repulsed by their attitude and tuning out or just leaving them alone all day.

And I remember having the same conditioning and not at all being aware that I was being completely repulsive.
I feel sorry for them, but do not see how I could help them out.

They have this way of lifting their noses, making arrogant comments and looking off in the distance......it seems like they are retreating into their mental vision which is well established and refusing to see the reality in front of them. Like when they're amongst a group of french people and say things like "well of course as we all know, in our country, we have a more healthy way of life....." (nose lift, far off look to the side, into the horizon) and the speaker is 18 and about 200 pounds. The normal bodied people around them almost have their eyes bugging out and are speechless.

This situation always makes me think sadly that so many people are in for a rude and painful awakening one day, if they suddenly get faced with reality one day.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I don't know..perhaps that's going to far!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

yes, i agree, and the silver lining is getting bigger and brighter. probably golden later. it'll be a rough ride, but all will be well in the end. oh, how i long to return to it. some sort of gigantic leap in evolution (an unfolding of what has been folded in)will occur at the appropriate moment and the river of life will meander on peacefully to the far distant, (perhaps ever increasing) horizon. and digressing a moment, i read some of your galaxian writings referred to in your signature, will get back to them again, and can recommend it those interested. hope you write more.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
and theres nothing that can be done about it.:/

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Thank you, and thank God that someone else sees the inevitability of the inverse sanity or the butterfly-like transformation breaking free at last at the end of this particular historical "cocoon" we're all wrestling around in, contorted and all bent out of shape. Taking the analogy further, even at the very moment of cosmogenesis of the noosphere (read: Pierre Tielhard de Chardin), the intensity of our pain and suffering might very well increase to the very breaking point, as we strain to rip apart, psychologically, the now old and outmoded reality (worldview, paradigm) within which we were constrained at a lower order of consciousness, imprisoned as it were in an American dominated matrix.

And at the very moment that particular domain begins to implode on itself now fully recognized for the utter insanity that it is and represents, then we'll know for sure that we've broken free at last. But, and here's the good news in case anyone missed it the first time - that process is both inevitable and well along it's path, as the pendalum swings from dumed down, ignorant and simplistic, toward a renewed enlightened complexification.

All happiness for man must arise exclusively, only in relation to some unhappiness, already experienced, and the more that suffering carves into our being, the more joy we can contain!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join