It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 cars set ablaze in Berlin... start of something?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Oh..........I thought you were going to say people set ablaze........never mind

Yeah sorry about that, I fixed my title earlier... I erased cars without putting it back...

Anyway... I said ``rich`` because I don't know about where you live, but someone who owns a brand new BMW or Mercedes has a lot of $$.

Or a lot of debt. Or is very good at buying second hand cars.

How do you know these were even "new" cars? Maybe they are 10 year old cars, well kept?

Hm?

Could be. I'm not saying it's alright to burn cars because they are nice cars. I know quite a lot of people with mercedez or BMWs... They worked hard for them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'll give this. There are people who work hard everyday, everywhere. Often that's not enough to close the gap.

If working hard was the only factor in closing the gap of wealth, then there are people on this Earth living in squalor who should be richer than Kings.

I would assume that unless the tyranny has taken one's country, then the response of wanting to destroy is one that is coming from a place of not knowing what else to do.

Knowing what else to do to effect change - that's teachable. That's something that can grasped, have verbs attached to it, and be shared.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Again - can you guys give me an idea of what constitutes being "rich?"

I'd like to know where I fall.

Because apparently, some mother who just really likes safe cars might qualify.
Yes, that is interesting,.
My transportation is valued at $38,000.
wonder where that would put me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
According to straight up wealth, when I was a starving child - literally - I was still amoungst the rich on this planet.

As a person who works, and makes a good wage but didn't have any of the help some of my better off friends had...I work out to being in the top 2% of the planet.

When I look at my completely paid for beat up mini-van, and my modest middle class home, and realize that THIS qualifies me as being "rich" in many people's eyes.....

Starving child. Middle class Mom. Either way - still rich by Global standards. The World is a strange place.

And either way, I am apparently still the "enemy."

edit on 2011/8/10 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Starving child. Middle class Mom. Either way - still rich by Global standards. The World is a strange place.

You're just as corrupted and blind IMHO...

The goal should be to raise the bottom line, and not the bar... it's a game of limbo, and you're a part of the poor.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pilot70

I do not understand the logic. How is it that you figure if people are successful in society (monetarily) would thrive in nature over a thousand years ago? The lower casts (blue collar) are generally more physically strong/fit and superior at working with their hands. The rich or "smart" as you may consider them hide behind the law for protection, work in offices of some sort. You're comparing a time of Brains before Bron to Bron before brains which just can't be done lol.

I would think in those days people were more inclined to take care of deceptively smart "sorcerers" like a thief in the night. Ever heard about affluent people getting run through as they opened their front door?

Just want to add as an example.. Do you notice what Prince William and Harry did? They joined the army and are physically fit as well as educated like tradition would have.

edit on 10-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus

You're just as corrupted and blind IMHO...

The goal should be to raise the bottom line, and not the bar... it's a game of limbo, and you're a part of the poor.

right, and as the corupted I deserve to have my house, business, car, schools, all put to the fire.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Didn't some wacko tree huggers burn down a bunch of SUV lots a few years ago in California? Why were they not classified as terrorists?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You know, when I play Risk, one of the reasons I don't do pretty well is that I am pretty good at using my less concerning opponents as weapons to occupy my more able opponents.

I use the less skilled players enemies to keep my more skilled opponents occupied and on off my back.

It looks like the actual wealthy understand this idea very well.

Looks like the stupid and disaffected don't realize, they are the less skill opponents on the board.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is my first post ever ... I had to add my 2 cents to this because what i am reading is astonishing.

First I was born poor. Never given the choice to be rich or poor. I live in Washington D.C. and me being poor meant i had to go to public schools. Public schools in D.C. by far are some of the worst in the nation. Crime is rampant and you either get with it... or get run over. Thus me "getting with it" got me into a lot of trouble.

So by default i had to do criminal things to be able to survive and i was never taught in school to aspire to bigger things because they did not teach me about these bigger things. I am not one to blame society or circumstance for my life. But looking at it, this is a perfectly designed system to hold American citizens down. To criminalize them and make them state property. We live in a world where the rich RULE EVERYTHING with unyielding power.

Middle-Class is one step away from poverty. If there is a total economic meltdown who is going to suffer? Isn't it middle class and poor people? The rich deprive the poor... and don't allow the middle class to prosper... and then don't pay their fair share of taxes... Thus putting poor people and middle-class people virtually in the same category... except that middle class has to pay to support themselves and the poor thus eventually making them poor.

Its a vicious cycle and we are allowing these rich/NWO/illuminati/bohemian grovers to control us. And to continue to USE us ... So they can live lavish lives while everyone else is struggling. Money, Federal Reserve is a joke... imaginary numbers backed up by nothing worth anything... Controlled by people who's family has been rich for the better part of 800 years...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

I read a article the other day... really opened my eyes... so i shall share it with you all...

How American Turned Poverty Into A Crime

Enjoy....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That IS part of society's goal....... the UK, like most of the Western world, provide free primary and secondary education....... and yet, absenteeism and the dropout rate in Britain has never been higher. Why? Is it that British children are less intelligent? I wouldn't be inclined to believe this but to witness the actions of children as young as ten, rioting, looting, and simply destroying for destruction's sake, what conclusion would you draw?

UK schools fall behind Estonia and Slovenia

It is to the advantage of society in general to have a well-educated and trained population. In turn, study after study will clearly demonstrate that those who attend school and achieve at least a secondary school diploma fare better economically than those who do not have these opportunities or, in the case of nearly 50% of UK Children (in some educational jurisdictions) do not choose to take advantage of these opportunities.

The best way to fight poverty is not through hand-outs and entitlements....it is through education..... Like the old saying goes " Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever ".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

The best way to fight poverty is not through hand-outs and entitlements....it is through education..... Like the old saying goes " Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself forever ".

That is logical. So why isn't it done? So people can't feed themselves forever... But to forever depend on the rich... "moguls", "entrepreneurs", "Kings", Dictators, Governments...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Education is a gift society gives and subsides for itself. It is a subsidy to the corporations, the economy, and training doesn't come out of the pockets of corporations or the wealthy.

We pay for our education. We pay for our health. We pay for our roads. We pay for our infrastructure.

Then corporations and the rich are subsidized by having healthy, educated workers, living in areas with accessible transportation, and roads that we pay for so that they can move their goods around.

Society is paid for by people, and in doing so we give corporations and the rich a subsidy that is beyond value.

I am quite tired of being told the "rich" are doing something for me. The taxpayers and members of society subsidize every aspect of their lives and their means to wealth.

I'm equally tired of being held to blame for things I can do nothing about. I am not to blame for the idiocy of some South American government that withholds advances for their people. I'm not holding anyone down. If I find that something I purchase or a service is doing something I wasn't aware of I avoid them. I do not invest in funds that do things I find immoral.

Everyone and everything is an enemy.

You want to orchestrate a society change? Then show me something BETTER. I have no interest in embracing something worse. Regardless of what you think your station in life is, and how much you think I should or you deserve it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Education is a gift society gives and subsides for itself. It is a subsidy to the corporations, the economy, and training doesn't come out of the pockets of corporations or the wealthy.

We pay for our education. We pay for our health. We pay for our roads. We pay for our infrastructure.

Then corporations and the rich are subsidized by having healthy, educated workers, living in areas with accessible transportation, and roads that we pay for so that they can move their goods around.

Society is paid for by people, and in doing so we give corporations and the rich a subsidy that is beyond value.

I am quite tired of being told the "rich" are doing something for me. The taxpayers and members of society subsidize every aspect of their lives and their means to wealth.

I'm equally tired of being held to blame for things I can do nothing about. I am not to blame for the idiocy of some South American government that withholds advances for their people. I'm not holding anyone down. If I find that something I purchase or a service is doing something I wasn't aware of I avoid them. I do not invest in funds that do things I find immoral.

You want to orchestrate a society change? Then show me something BETTER. I have no interest in embracing something worse. Regardless of what you think your station in life is, and how much you think I should or you deserve it.

Education is not a gift. It's a right.

We pay for everything that is exactly right. So that means we own our nation. But that is not the case what so ever.

The nation is owned by people that buy our elected officials. Point blank. (Lobbying The Legislative Branch)

The executive branch is just as bad... First the presidential candidate can take undisclosed amounts of money for the campaign trail... Thus being lobbied... Then the electoral college...(FULL OF PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW) elect our presidents for us.

Justices are appointed by the president and approved by congress... Which are both heavily lobbied. So who is really getting represented? The people? or the RICH?

Only a rich person can be part of these inner workings of the "shadow government".

Making 100k a year is not rich... not by a long shot... especially is you don't have 100k invested already...

So stop putting yourself in that category... By one of your post that i read i understand you as a middle-class person... Your not that much better than someone that is poor... Once they pull the rug from under you... you will lose your house and mini-van and be POOR. That's what happened with the housing market.. it crashed and middle-class families were not middle-class anymore.

Rich to me is... If you can afford to give 1% of the american population a dollar... and not feel any problem with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Aeons

Education is, indeed, a “gift” that society provides for itself. The opportunity for an education is something for which we should be most grateful. Many on this planet do not have the good fortune to have this opportunity. The education system we enjoy is a direct result of -- call it what you will – stable and responsible government. And, if education is an unpaid subsidy to corporations, then it is one that is the result of serendipity. What employer would not value someone who could read, write, add AND subtract? Clearly, much of what is taught – and hopefully learned – in school are of mutual benefit...... for the student......the society......the government....AND, yes, corporations

I agree..... we ALL pay for the services and the infrastructure that make up our society. The society IS made up of the people – rich AND poor and everything in between.

Corporations, well, that's a different entity altogether; one worthy of a thread all it's own. But, all conspiratorial concepts and postulations aside, even corporations serve a valuable function within society. Providing jobs and income for the people..... profits for the corporate owners and shareholders. It's certainly not a perfect system, nor an equitable one, but without it, a lot of looters would have been rather disappointed.

If someone is constantly telling you that the “rich” are doing something for you....stop listening to them. Though, unless you are talking about the Royal Family, I would have to say that, saying that society 'subsidizes every aspect of their lives and means to wealth' begs for clarification: who you define as rich would be a start.

Stop feeling guilt for things that are beyond your control.

Ethical Investing is commendable .

No. Everything and certainly not everyone is an enemy. Everyone isn't corrupt. Everyone is not hopeless and pessimistic. Everyone is not out for themselves.

Ultimately, life is what you make of it. There are some things we can change as individuals and, then there are those things that we cannot. And while some sort of Utopian perfection might be what we seek, we might have to come to terms that the society we have is either the best we can make..... or it's the one we deserve.

And making a better system from one that is already inherently flawed does not necessarily mean burning everything down. Take a look around you. Why do you suppose that people from all the nations of the world are streaming towards the Western nations, hoping against all hopes to be granted legal immigration status and, ultimately, citizenship? There are good things.....very good things....about the governmental system you have. They are not perfect. There are many things that are not perfect. Nor am I simply saying for anyone to merely accept things as they are and to proceed with their lives as “sheeple” -- mind and senses dulled , following the herd. What I am saying is to recognize the good that exists within society. That everyone take advantage of the social benefits that we enjoy while, simultaneously, contributing back to society – through the various levels – in an effort to make things BETTER. extra DIV

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Providing free or subsidized "education" is not raising the bottom line.

Education is not a privilege, it's a right. As education (knowledge) is a right of life, there are those who have sunken their will into every single institution on this Earth over the course of human history... to "Teach/Preach" to us into believing into this bullsht of a "life" and "reality" where "they" claim superiority over all.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What would happen if the government of the UK gave 50,000 dollar a piece to each rioter to not riot. It may be cheaper in the long run than the economic cost of London burning. However it would probably would not stop it because the real issue is more about power and control. Point in case, The US government could have given each American family a 100,000 dollar to pay their mortgages and bills instead of bailing out the banks and car companies, it would have been cheaper. But the government knew doing that would be giving up control to the debt slave society.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullcookies
debt slave society.

this tbh...

Sophisticated Slavery... $$... SS

/thread

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Providing free or subsidized "education" is not raising the bottom line.

Education is not a privilege, it's a right. As education (knowledge) is a right of life, there are those who have sunken their will into every single institution on this Earth over the course of human history... to "Teach/Preach" to us into believing into this bullsht of a "life" and "reality" where "they" claim superiority over all.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Nastradamus because:

Society can build all of the schools it wants....but unless parents can instill the value of an education into their children....they are worthless. Unless the children can recognize that the "ticket" out of poverty....from living under the boot of their own sense of personal victimization.... they can continue to blame anyone they want for their future ills...... but the blame will be their own.

Education IS the greatest opportunity for personal, economic and societal development available. With the opportunities that education potentially offers, one is truly only limited by one's own sense of determination to advance to the level of ones' capabilities.

Considering the deplorable absenteeism and drop out rate in the British School system, it's no wonder that so many of those rioting and looting feel so disenfranchised..... they have embraced ignorance.

While an education is no guarantee of 'success' -- whatever that may mean..... it is certainly a better indicator of advancement within society. extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk
reply to post by pilot70

tell that to Marie Antoinette

The truth is there is such a massive chasm in the standards of life between the "rich" and the "poor" that there has to be a tipping point eventually. History is littered with examples of protests undertaken in different ways Tolpuddle Martyrs anyone?

This expression of protest, which is NOT acceptable IMHO is a reflection of the general intelligence of the protestor/robber, however they are the majority in terms of population and have nothing to lose. This will spread and although the original riot was related to an overstepping of the law by the police (perceived accurately or not) it has become an r versus p matter now. The first riot was the trigger only.

And the elephant in the room of the Tolpuddle Martyrs was the Swing Riots that most either conveniently or unknowingly avoid mentioning.. both Gov and Unions point to the Tolpuddle Martyrs as the vehicle for change as they fear public knowledge that the real vehicle was the violence and burnings wrought by the Swing riots

If anything the recent unrest looks remarkably like the Swing.. heck dig into the national archives and your see letters threatening to burn down everything including Kings College.. there where (from memory here) in the region of 1,976 Swing trials that led to 292 death sentences being handed down with the remaining thousands of rioters sent to gaol or transported in the largest transportation for a common crime in Britains history.

I've frequently drawn and commented on parallels from now to then, and warned we faced a similar insurrection, a fact we still face as this will not go away.
edit on 11/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: typo

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join