It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apacheman down in flames, casualty of the economy, signing off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Good luck out there apacheman and sorry for your losses. Do your best to maintain and not lose your sanity and try to keep your faith whatever it may be....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by blackcat99

Wow, I never expected that...I have a paypal account under [email protected] or michael piotrowski (took my stepdad's name when I joined the USAF).

Thanks guys, you touched my heart.

Done all I can do to help from here

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you are ever in NC,, write me,, I would be glad to cover a night or maybe longer stay here,,, at least until I am shot down also by this horrible mess. It is Survivalist conditions now,,, code Red!!

My heart goes out to you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I wish you and your brother well. You are not alone - but I know that, at best, that is a bittersweet consolation. I am also a disabled renter on track to be without a home in a couple of weeks, but I am blessed to be able to stay, for awhile, on someone's couch across the country.

Keep your eyes - and heart - open.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Something I learned a long time ago is that if you are still struggling, you haven't given up! Keep up the fight guy, I hope we hear from you soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Politics, Warnings, and all that aside.....I hope things get better for you Apacheman. I'm sorry to hear this.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've enjoyed reading your posts apacheman, sorry to hear about your problems.
If I had the means I'd send you something but I'm not doing well.
Come on ATS guys, do a good deed and help a brother out if you can...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wish you and your brother the best of luck.. Stay safe guys.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Take Care On Your Journeys........I've enjoyed your posts and will miss your thoughts on threads....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Peace brother!
'nuff said

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by blackcat99

Wow, I never expected that...I have a paypal account under [email protected] or michael piotrowski (took my stepdad's name when I joined the USAF).

Thanks guys, you touched my heart.

Not a lot, but a bit coming your way. I have a disabled son, I can't imagine facing such a thing with him. Best of luck!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If you are telling the truth, your Brother is eligible for any help he needs. The only reason he would go without his Med's is if he wants to or is unwilling to fill out some simple forms. He would also be eligible for Housing Assistance, Food Stamps and even Financial Aid. If you are in the United States that is.

On a Board where people from all over the world post, I hate it when people mislead others outside the country about what the US is like. It gives them the false impression we are heartless country.

Even if you are healthy and of working age, you need never spend a night without a bed or a day without food. Those who do are Mentally Ill, Alcoholics or Drug Addicts and won't take advantage of the available help for that reason. They are Homeless because they choose to be so.

Get off your butt and go to the local Financial Aid Office and fill out the forms for you and your Brother. Locate the shelters. Locate the Churches, Food Kitchens and Food Banks that are all over our country. Go to your Church if you have one and they will help you out. If not there are plenty of secular organizations that will help.

We are the most giving people on earth. Don't play the boohoo game with people who live here and know the truth. It won't work. The 80% of us who are still doing great in this country are still pouring money and food in to help you and your Brother.

Good luck. Been there once for about three days until a kind soul educated me and I found out I could have a bed and up to five hot meals a day without a dime to my name. Stay away from the bad things that make you so you cannot go for help if that is the case.

The rest of you, if you have genuine sympathy, get off your butts and haul a load of food to a distribution center. Pull out your check book and write a check. Hire a mentally ill person if you can. Hire a disabled person if you can. Put your money where your heart is. That is what made us who we are. Ignore the worlds lies about us and the lies by our own citizens who are angry.
edit on 8/10/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
loosing a home is never easy. it's happened to me and my family a few times. something i wouldn't wish on anybody. i hope you are able to find a better and cheaper place that you can afford. as well i hope you can find somewhere to live in the meantime.

honestly you would think that in hard times that there was someway that would protect people from loosing their homes. whether rental or mortgage loosing a home really helps no one, sometimes not even the landlord. i know when we had to move once when the owner jacked up the rent, my parents had practically begged them to come down in price after all we were covering the payments on the place. but sadly no the owner just HAD to turn a profit, and ended up loosing it when because he couldn't rent it he lost it to the mortgage company. i would say good one on him, but he was actually a nice guy that because of the recession we were in at the time had lost most of his normal income. he was in fact ONLY trying to provide for HIS family. so we BOTH lost. the only potential winner was the mortgage company. :shk:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The rest of you, if you have genuine sympathy, get off your butts and haul a load of food to a distribution center. Pull out your check book and write a check. Hire a mentally ill person if you can. Hire a disabled person if you can. Put your money where your heart is. That is what made us who we are. Ignore the worlds lies about us and the lies by our own citizens who are angry.

Amen to all that...and I will also state that there is no shame in going to government social systems when you need a leg-up. You pay taxes...call it an insurance policy. I abhor a welfare lifestyle, but I am proud to pay taxes to help a fellow citizen get though a rough patch. By all means, Apacheman, use the safety net. The pride that likely holds you back is what will keep it short-term...as it is meant to be. Good luck to you.
JC

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear what has befallen you and your brother. Sorry to know your plight and sorry to know that soon it will most likely be many of us who walk the same path. Sorry for it all.

Good luck and G-d be with you and yours.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Ask your dad how 16 trillion works on annual compounding interest rates coupled with only a couple trillion as a total revenue base coming in annually. I hate to argue with parents...but this isn't the time to make the kids feel good. Its time to be real and prepare them, carefully but seriously, so they aren't traumatized beyond all usefulness in whats about to happen around us. I don't say we're doomed...Obama doesn't determine if we're doomed. Mathematics says we're doomed. Simple, pure, unadulterated mathematics. It's as simple as it gets in life, the numbers don't lie, and they say we're truly doomed.

If anyone got something going for Apache, I'd be happy to toss a few dollars into the kitty. The poster who said all we have is each other and kindness toward our fellow man hit it 100% dead on. In the end, we have nothing else in life.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Set up a cheap website where we can give you PayPal money. Go to Mill Ave in Tempe and you will "recognize" me. I walk walk around with dark glasses and a Che Guevara shirt. Otherwise go North to Knoll Lake and you will find good fish and water. The Sasquatches will harass you but just ignore them. The Native Americans don't care anymore. It's normal for them.

Kratos40

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
apacheman....have enjoyed your comments and presence on ATS. Best of luck to you and your brother and I wish you well. Come back soon when you are able.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
If you sign on to a public Library and see this post, maybe provide a snailmail address, we all could chip in and send you some $, I would.

simone50m has the right outlook. have a PayPal account? we're here for you!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Apacheman so you mean it's only a matter of time before we all came crashing down? Because my dad's say everything is fine but keep arguing that no nothing is fine because we will be the last to suffer.(My family is well off as of now)

It depends on what you mean by "well off". People who have a lot of goods but also a lot of debt are the ones at highest risk, and often they are the ones that give the appearance of being "well off". The "American Way" has long been to buy stuff you can't afford and just finance it or stick it on the credit card/ cards. This is an extremely unhealthy way to live, because the economy is ALWAYS cyclical. It goes up, it goes down. This is life. People who leverage out during good times have no cushion to fall back on in bad times and they find themselves losing everything and declaring bankruptcy. People who are truly "well off" are those who live within their means, limit their debt and set money aside for slow times. They are typically the people who are not driving around flashy cars, or wearing the latest fashions, or living in gigantic houses. They don't look flashy because they aren't, they are prudent. They are the people who are best positioned to survive in downturns.

I highly recommend reading "The Millionaire Next Door", it addresses the huge difference between people who are truly wealthy and those who just give the appearance of being wealthy.

And let me just say to everyone that thinks the world is ending, it isn't. This is the 3rd major recession I've lived through and I chuckle at those that think that this one is any different because I remember all the exact same "end of the world" rants being made in the 70's and 80's recessions. We're going through slow times to be sure, but this isn't the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. There's an old saying in investing, it's "be bold when others are afraid, and be afraid when others are bold". The very fear that you see being displayed all over the Internet these days is a strong indication that things are bottomed out and will rebound soon. The more people cry "this is it, the world is ending!" the more likely a turnaround is imminent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join