It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American bashing on ATS? Where are you from again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The armchair politicians, soldiers, and self rightous "foreigners" here on ATS are getting on my nerves again

Sorry I need to vent.

It is obvious that some members do not get out much......I just got off of work........yes I am employed, yes there is food in the cupboard....no there are not any riots.......unlike other wonderful places, such as Europe.....

Get real people.........

None of you know what the hell you are talking about.

I have to go smoke.

You self rightous posters really get under my skin........... like an irritant

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

yes ho ho you are so correct

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

We don't get that your lazy, corrupt, corporate controlled, military wet dream having government is dragging the world down with its reckless consumer driven monetary policy?

Actually we get it... We hate you for it, but yeah we get it.

We get that Americans are propagandized to the point of zombification and that they don't care or see how they are affecting the rest of the world with their idiocy. We can see that you would rather just munch potato chips and watch HDTV rather than change anything. We can see your country crumbling around you and like good neighbors are trying to warn you.

But...

Then we get posts like yours that tell us we are wrong and to piss off... Proud to be American?...

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i only mind when people point fongers at the states for things their country is as or more guilty of when people from the east criticize the west i can atleast understand the tension but when you have western countries pointing fingers at other western countries it comes off to me more stupid than saavy because we tend to be all wrapped up in the same controversies at the same time --- when people tell me they are sick of the country and say they want to leave the conversation goes dry when i say well where are you going, anywhere that can meet your standards of living are going throgh the same things and often worst

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

We can see that you would rather just munch potato chips and watch HDTV rather than change anything.

Well, I had some potato chips for lunch, as I was working my butt of to pay the bills. I do not have time to go protest. I have bills to pay.

I do not have HDTV either

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
America is an easy target for so many reasons.

When people stop bashing America that is when we have to be worried!! Because it means we will no longer be relevant. Nobody bashes Malawi or Urugay, you know.

There is one thing I would like to say, though -- there is great ignorance on the behalf of foreigners about "American Culture." They take it all as pop culture, trashy fast-food, etc..that is not American Culture. American culture is the Puritan fathers, Antibellum southern archtecture, the poetry of Walt Whitman, the paintings of the Hudson River School, Shaker furnature, and all the idosyncracies of my own home, the American Desert and the Old West. None of you people have a clue how rich and deep the river runs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah even though I'm broke, controlled by a corrupt gov't, and like fast food and hdtv, I am damn f***ing proud to be an American, so you can kiss my AA rated broke ass.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, very proud to be an American.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Everybody take it easy.

I have to go....3:30 in the morning comes pretty early.

Thank you for your replies.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
After having the opportunity to live overseas in a beautiful country that is slowing losing its wonderful culture to pervasive American malignancy......(ie: MTV culture, Junk Food, McD's) I am sad, and embarrassed to be American sometimes. Americans with a ton of pride in their country, usually haven't ever left it. I am sorry to say this but it seems true, and I have seen the shock on friends faces after they have traveled and seen the beautiful way others in other countries live.
Not everyone is perfect, and there is no perfect country...but we are far from the top as far as culture, health, care of our land, recycling, pace of life, true pride in oneself.
I don't bash America, but I do feel sad with how we as a whole, choose to live here.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm proud to be american, and I'm proud to bash them. I feel comfortable expressing my opinion, and yes, many of us have the same views of our fellow americans as do the outsiders. I seldom bash other countries as I don't live there and lack perspective to make a firm assesment. I will agree with the op, and ask that others leave the america bashing to americans.
We know what we are, we don't need outsiders to tell us. Bash the idiocy of your own countries as we all know that nobody is perfect.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I do not have HDTV either

Might try London. I understand that they are free for the taking.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I think foreigners have more contact with Americans than we have with them....We have military bases scattered all over the world. When you drive up a pristine mountain highway in another country and the only piece of litter you see is a taco bell bag....you know it came from the American base at the bottom

It is so embarrassing....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I see your point kind of.
But does the american military really represent americans? I would have to disagree. It is sad that the majority of americans that get foreign interraction are a bunch of cockey gun-toting youngsters brainwashed into believing they can do good with weapons. But that is a misrepresentation of many, many nonviolent good people.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

What did you want people to respond to this with?

I'm an American and I think foreigners have every right to criticize our government, just as we have the right to criticize theirs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
America is an easy target for so many reasons.

When people stop bashing America that is when we have to be worried!! Because it means we will no longer be relevant. Nobody bashes Malawi or Urugay, you know.

There is one thing I would like to say, though -- there is great ignorance on the behalf of foreigners about "American Culture." They take it all as pop culture, trashy fast-food, etc..that is not American Culture. American culture is the Puritan fathers, Antibellum southern archtecture, the poetry of Walt Whitman, the paintings of the Hudson River School, Shaker furnature, and all the idosyncracies of my own home, the American Desert and the Old West. None of you people have a clue how rich and deep the river runs.

America is not only an easy target, its big and important as well, it also has a direct impact on the well being of other countries, unlike Malawi or Uruguay. America has a responsibly to the world few others have and its doing a lip skid on the sidewalk with those responsibilities right now.

America may have painters and poets and all sorts of idiosyncrasies in and of itself, but they are nothing special. Every country has painters, poets and everything in between, those things are not just found in the US.

You mention how rich and deep the river runs? Its more like a stream when compared to the ancient cultures of Germany, England, Russia, China... I'm not saying it to show disrespect, I'm just saying overall America is a pretty young country, culturally. Not many Americans understand that because they seem to think the address of Adam and Eve was - 123 Garden Street, Eden, USA.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule

You mention how rich and deep the river runs? Its more like a stream when compared to the ancient cultures of Germany, England, Russia, China... I'm not saying it to show disrespect, I'm just saying overall America is a pretty young country, culturally. Not many Americans understand that because they seem to think the address of Adam and Eve was - 123 Garden Street, Eden, USA.

-Lightrule

This is ridiculous, frankly speaking. Every non-native American's ancestors come from somewhere else, so they have no less claim to all the ancient culture from those countries, pre-USA-era. If my ancestors are, say, British, I have just as much "claim" to, say, 14th-century British culture as someone in the UK now. So your comparison makes no sense. A fair comparison would assume everyone can "claim the same amount of history" pre-1776 (founding of the USA), and it would then only involve comparisons of post-1776 culture, when the US was a nation. By those standards, US culture is hardly lacking.

Another mistake is to compare US pop culture to the traditional cultures/high cultures of other places. If you are going to talk about big macs and Justin Beiber, then you have to talk about Blimpies Burgers and the Spice Girls in the UK, for example. If you want to bring in art, literature, or music comparisons you must do so for both cultures.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Lightrule

-Lightrule

This is ridiculous, frankly speaking. Every non-native American's ancestors come from somewhere else, so they have no less claim to all the ancient culture from those countries, pre-USA-era. If my ancestors are, say, British, I have just as much "claim" to, say, 14th-century British culture as someone in the UK now. So your comparison makes no sense. A fair comparison would assume everyone can "claim the same amount of history" pre-1776 (founding of the USA), and it would then only involve comparisons of post-1776 culture, when the US was a nation. By those standards, US culture is hardly lacking.

Another mistake is to compare US pop culture to the traditional cultures/high cultures of other places. If you are going to talk about big macs and Justin Beiber, then you have to talk about Blimpies Burgers and the Spice Girls in the UK, for example. If you want to bring in art, literature, or music comparisons you must do so for both cultures.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

You failed to grasp what I was trying to say...

I said the country is young culturally. Fact.
You heard...
The only culture American's have is what they get from their morning yogurt.

It is also very insulting to the English/German/Native peoples when as an American you claim just as much right to their culture as they have. That I'm sorry that is simply not the case, I've traveled worldwide and stayed almost a year in the Netherlands yet I don't claim an ounce of their culture or any of the cultures I have actually visited.

Using your reasoning you could just claim every culture due to the fact you are related to mitochondrial Eve (assuming you are actually female) and be done with it.

So I respectfully disagree with what you have to say, while America may be made up of a melted pot of cultures that simply makes way for America's unique spin on it and that is all.

Americans live and work and contribute to the culture that is American, they do not contribute to the culture of Canada, England, Germany or China. Just as the people of those cultures do not live and work and contribute to the American culture. Every country has people immigrating and emigrating, that alone doe not allow you to claim a culture for your own.

Its very arrogant to say so.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

you are freakin clueless and america is irrelevant you are nothing but brain dead mindless sheep who are intent on setting the world on fire with your terrorist armed forces that bomb other countries indiscriminatory you kill innocent civilians and then whoop and hola about it as if it is a good thing you pollute and desecrate your own land you neither care or get it and the sooner america is accepted for the third world country that it is the better

your politicians are nothing but money whores that seek to destroy the planet for the love of worthless paper and useless possessions you neither care or think of what your actions are doing you are incapable of coming together to even sort your own mess out
you deny your own people the right to a decent honest life your country is morally deficient and economically as well you always blame other people or countries for your short coming and cannot see what is before you

you allow the state to take all your rights away and then all you can do is bitch just look what you did to your own people on 9/11 and the lies that followed to invade Iraq you rape and steal another countries wealth and resources you are nothing but thieves but you think it is justifiable because of the hogswash your politicians feed you and you have been so brainwashed it is unreal you are incapable of critical thinking and just swallow all the manure you are fed

you allow government agencies to label good nutritious food as drugs yet you are all hooked on psychotics vicodin and the like have you missed your dose or something calm down and take your medication like a good yanky doodle dandy that you are and carry on believing you are a world power because my country owns yours our bankers are taking your wealth as I type this, you are blind to the reality you find yourself in and so attack other countries in blind ignorance sort your own mess out before you attack another nation but no your country has it eyes on Iran and Syria now are you all intent on WW3

you sir are deluded and your rant was pathetic this is how you rant does the world have to teach you everything this is how to rant LM freakin AO at your country

I know there are decent americans I have family that are american and they tell me that they are disgusted with what is happening to your once great nation but you do nothing about it rather than ranting about it do something anything but make a stand soon or your country is going down the pan and you will soon be marched into the fema camps code for (concentration camps ) rather than being blind to what is before your eyes unite and act before it is too late I wish you well brother but don't seek to blame others for the mess your country finds itself in act do something about it laying blame never solves the problem but it certainly divides peace bro and don't take this personally either this rant is a general snipe at your people's inaction

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick

you are freakin clueless and america is irrelevant you are nothing but brain dead mindless sheep who are intent on setting the world on fire with your terrorist armed forces that bomb other countries indiscriminatory you kill innocent civilians and then whoop and hola about it as if it is a good thing you pollute and desecrate your own land you neither care or get it and the sooner america is accepted for the third world country that it is the better

your politicians are nothing but money whores that seek to destroy the planet for the love of worthless paper and useless possessions you neither care or think of what your actions are doing you are incapable of coming together to even sort your own mess out
you deny your own people the right to a decent honest life your country is morally deficient and economically as well you always blame other people or countries for your short coming and cannot see what is before you

you allow the state to take all your rights away and then all you can do is bitch just look what you did to your own people on 9/11 and the lies that followed to invade Iraq you rape and steal another countries wealth and resources you are nothing but thieves but you think it is justifiable because of the hogswash your politicians feed you and you have been so brainwashed it is unreal you are incapable of critical thinking and just swallow all the manure you are fed

you allow government agencies to label good nutritious food as drugs yet you are all hooked on psychotics vicodin and the like have you missed your dose or something calm down and take your medication like a good yanky doodle dandy that you are and carry on believing you are a world power because my country owns yours our bankers are taking your wealth as I type this, you are blind to the reality you find yourself in and so attack other countries in blind ignorance sort your own mess out before you attack another nation but no your country has it eyes on Iran and Syria now are you all intent on WW3

you sir are deluded and your rant was pathetic this is how you rant does the world have to teach you everything this is how to rant LM freakin AO at your country

I know there are decent americans I have family that are american and they tell me that they are disgusted with what is happening to your once great nation but you do nothing about it rather than ranting about it do something anything but make a stand soon or your country is going down the pan and you will soon be marched into the fema camps code for (concentration camps ) rather than being blind to what is before your eyes unite and act before it is too late I wish you well brother but don't seek to blame others for the mess your country finds itself in act do something about it laying blame never solves the problem but it certainly divides peace bro and don't take this personally either this rant is a general snipe at your people's inaction

If you want to try to sound educated and like you know what you are talking aobut.............

Try some grammar..........Sentences and puntuation would help........

You seem like you are spun out on dope or something.....I suggest AA.....

Have a nice day

edit on 11-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join