It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because The State Loves You

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
money is worthless back by nothing

case in point $1000 1950 dollar as in when someone started paying into social security and soon to be retired.

is worth well over $9000 in todays dollars.

the terms millionaires and billionaires have lost their meaning.

in a world where cash is king it has become worth as much as a roll of toilet paper.

inflation is a well you know what.
edit on 10-8-2011 by neo96 because: messed up

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
Now you can add:

Arrested for popping pimples in public

You have to love the charges.

So they charge the guy with lying to police about his name and possession of drugs, but they had absolutely no cause to hold the guy or question him in the first place.

If the guy was on McDonalds property I suppose they could come after him for trespassing, but since it is a publicly accessible restaurant, they would have had to told him to leave first before they could come after him on those grounds.

Thanks for the link

edit on 10-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You can always move.
Theres nothing worse sometimes than people that complain about stuff thats none of their business.

edit on 10-8-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

You can always move.
Theres nothing worse sometimes than people that complain about stuff thats none of their business.

I think I'll move into your moms basement with you for a while.

I need to kick back and dump all this personal responsibility nonsense I've been carrying around with me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

You can always move.

I think I'll move into your moms basement with you for a while.

I need to kick back and dump all this personal responsibility nonsense I've been carrying around with me.

HAHA don't you just love summer vacation? All the kiddies out and about.

I'm in agreement with you, I should call up my dad and ask for my old bedroom back, being responsible sure does stink.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

People like you are the reason we can no longer smack our kids on the ass when they act out. Its pathetic.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
Now you can add:

Arrested for popping pimples in public

Owen Lemire Kato, 23, was arrested on charges of giving a false name upon arrest as well as drug offenses, according to Cape Coral Police Department reports.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

where are the most cuts needed?
65 million americans on social security
50 million americans on welfare

unfunded liabilites to the tune of 100 trillion dollars social security medicaid and medicare with no way to ever pay for them.

and those costs continue to go up as the populaton increases and healthcare costs also increase

www.usdebtclock.org...

why because the state loves you and you love violence to continue to put a gun to the heads of people for all that goodness and joy it would be more merciful to have a bomb dropped on them than a lifetime of enslavement.
edit on 10-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Hindsight is 20/20. They should have thought of this stuff before raiding the trust fund. Clinton spent some of it while he was in office and then chicken-little emptied the rest of it out. Little Georgie spent 1.37 trillion dollars so he could give tax breaks to the wealthy and to fund two wars he started. The government used this money for tax breaks so it's only fair that taxes be raised so they can repay the money to the trust fund.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

People like you are the reason we can no longer smack our kids on the ass when they act out. Its pathetic.

How does this relate to the OP again?

Why the personal attack?

It is the responsibility of the people to manage and control their government, how is this not our responsibility again?

From where I'm standing you have no frickin clue about what we are talking about here.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i see someone here around here doesnt know how tax breaks work

they work like this the person who earns their moneys keeps more of it.

tell me are your really sitting there telling me bush sent out government checks for that?

while were on the subject of tax breaks lets talk of the over 3 trillion tax breaks for people who dont pay any taxes whatsoever.

half this country doesnt pay a dime and get refunds when they have no tax liability.

know how much those "bush tax cuts" were" around 680 billion all those evil people who employ all those other people who dont pay taxes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule

Why the personal attack?

It is the responsibility of the people to manage and control their government, how is this not our responsibility again?

From where I'm standing you have no frickin clue about what we are talking about here.

-Lightrule

No personal attack. Just saying. Perhaps mind his business. Stop making things a huge deal. Why bother posting this stuff if only to enrage or force change? Its stupid. Nothing good will come of it. Sorta like the people who complained about child abuse, and now everyone is overly sensitive, and we can no longer smack our children in the ass for acting out.

If people like the OP, would mind their business, and not get overly bothered by stuff that dosnt involve them, things wouldnt be the way they are today.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

See, logically, that would be the better course of action if a nation of people wanted to make real change. But you know for a fact, thats not going to happen. Too many people are so hopelessly blinded by this system that theres no way to make them wake up and act.

I would think that if half the nation were to stop using money all together, stop driving their cars thus stop burning fuel, stop supporting big business by not consuming their garbage products that would bring the country to its knees real fast. But no, one is going to do that.

You know what its going to take? When everyone is cornered and absolutely desperate to just SURVIVE then will everyone step up and act. I believe most people will be on their way to the fema camps by their own free will, and still support these evil bastards.

I suggest watching the movie "the experiment" Its a small scale version of what the entire nation is like.

You can't reason with these pyschos. You can't compromise and even make deals with them. They simply don't care. Alot of people know enough to see things are very wrong, but continue on complaining like the fat useless children they are.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule

Why the personal attack?

-Lightrule

No personal attack. Just saying. Perhaps mind his business. Stop making things a huge deal. Why bother posting this stuff if only to enrage or force change? Its stupid. Nothing good will come of it. Sorta like the people who complained about child abuse, and now everyone is overly sensitive, and we can no longer smack our children in the ass for acting out.

If people like the OP, would mind their business, and not get overly bothered by stuff that dosnt involve them, things wouldnt be the way they are today.

Wow.

The things in the OP are everyone's business. When police are involved with anything the public has a responsibility to judge their actions, they work for us after all. If my maid fails to wash the floor to my satisfaction she must face consequences. If I tell her to use a rag to wash the floor and she uses a mop, there are consequences.

The people's relationship with police is really no different. They are servants nothing more. For the sake of simplicity and fairness the public doesn't directly dictate the actions of police in every situation, it would be chaos and wouldn't work. But when the police do something so retarded that it makes headlines and news anchors are openly laughing at the stupidity then the public must take a stand.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

I disagree. It may be your business to know about it, but it's not your business to make a hostile environment cause you disagree.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I really don't think violence would solve any systemic problems better than non-violent disobedience would.

While I think people have a right to defend themselves against unwarranted aggression by the State, ultimately this just gives the State political propaganda to further entrench itself.

Consider the institutional damage the video of those charity workers being arrested for feeding homeless people causes the State, then consider the damage that a rebellious militia could do.

While the militia would generate front page news across the nation, most people would not feel any sympathy for men who initiate violence against government agents.

However, when people can see peaceful activists being beaten and arrested for feeding homeless people, they feel a great deal of outrage at the State over its actions.

This is a propaganda war - a war for hearts and minds. Violence undermines that objective.

edit on 10-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

Your point of view does not work in the real world my friend. If you think violence doesn't solve anything tell that to your great grand parents who fought, bled and died in the creation for your country's freedom from tyrants.

When you see your ancestors on other side after you've been executed on your knees because you did not believe violence would solve anything try and explain that.

I'm guessing your the type of person that would let your whole family get wiped out at the hands of these monsters. You know they're planning on killing ALOT of Americans. You all know thats in their game plan. Are you just going to sit there and take it like alittle bitch? Or are you gonna be prepared to throw down the gloves and get bloody??

Violence is a last resort. It is like any other weapon. Must be used effectively, and only used to protect yourself and your family. On a larger scale to destroy REAL enemies that threaten your very existence.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by longstalker

There you go. Cut the BS and get straight to the point.
The system has failed and is dying. Just help it along faster and kill the parasites that made it this way.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

*YAY*

Finally someone gets it. Wealth is greed.
In order to solve one of the biggest on going problems that has plagued the human race from the get go is this idea of wealth.
So basically we have to re-wire how we think. Maybe we should of taken a few lessons from the native american cultures on how to live like truly free people before we destroyed that too.

I'm guessing you've seen all 3 zietgiest movies?

I would lay my life on the line in supporting such a design of society.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I fear a non-compliance platform would fail here in america, as it would require a large portion to have some balls/backbone. It seems the best way is the way Washington/ect went about it. A small percentage does all the fighting, with little to no harm coming to the average citizen. Even then, there would no violence if they were willing to step down....but that will not happen ever.

You also have to confront all the idiots who LOVE government, and can't see a world without one.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
low bandwidth version of the article:

libertariannews.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join