It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because The State Loves You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+280 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Without the State, I might walk down the street texting my friend about pot while carrying a shingling hammer, distributing free pamphlets about where to buy raw milk, all while video taping myself in action. If anyone tried to do that in real life the entire world would implode in an apocalyptic disaster. Only the State can keep us safe from ourselves.

It must do the following to you:

And that’s just in the past 6 months.

Note, that I didn’t even touch on the evil horrors of adults voluntarily trading money for recreational drugs like tobacco, alcohol, pot, ecstasy or coc aine between themselves.

But these acts of benevolence pale in comparison to the outpouring of love that occurs when:

It is difficult for me to express my level of gratitude to the State in its efforts to keep me safe from myself.

Without the State, I might walk down the street texting my friend about pot while carrying a shingling hammer, distributing free pamphlets about where to buy raw milk, all while video taping myself in action. If anyone tried to do that in real life the entire world would implode in an apocalyptic disaster. Only the State can keep us safe from ourselves.

edit on 9-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would give this Mega stars and flags if possible, disregarding the fact I was working on a thread just like this lol, but yours is alot more concise than the one I was working on. And alot calmer. :-)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp
And alot calmer. :-)

I'd hold off on that one until you read a couple of the stories linked hahha.

My articles are just a wee bit angry and belligerent.

Just a teeny weenie bit.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Sarcasm makes my world go round.

Very well written.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Though I suppose that could just be the tasing the state loves to give out...
Good thread. Can't wait for government employees to come and defend their master.

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The State loves me this I know.
For the police told me so.
All of us to it belong.
We are weak, the State is strong.

Yes, the State loves me.
Yes, the State loves me.
Yes, the State loves me.

The police have told me so.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I know your topic is anything but funny but I couldn't help laugh my tail off by how you present it. Nice!

Great information too. I am bookmarking this to pass along to others who need a simple way of being introduced to how bad things have gotten.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Are you the guy who wrote this article? Because I don't see any credit given...

Because the State Loves You

link   
You always provide great topics and posts here. S&F

And yes, while some were funny, it is a sad day in the US that this was even needed to be created.

And get ready for more, as the Govt is only here to protect us..................from ourselves.

+14 more 
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes
Are you the guy who wrote this article? Because I don't see any credit given...

Because the State Loves You

yes

note my signature

Also note that all articles on the blog are public domain, thereby not requiring credits to be given and may be copied in full by anyone for any purpose without permission.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one: for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries BY A GOVERNMENT, which we might expect in a country WITHOUT GOVERNMENT, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer.

Thomas Paine; Common Sense.

I think it describes the current state of affairs we find ourselves in quite well. Good Job OP S&F!
edit on 9-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: grammar. I really need to start proof reading.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Ah...I don't look at signatures...anyway, just checking to make sure. Nice work.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
yep the state may love us

but that dont mean we have to love it back.

in fact hate works for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yep the state may love us

but that dont mean we have to love it back.

in fact hate works for me.

Murray Rothbard used to ask people "Do you hate the State?" as a way of weeding out the true libertarians from the posers.

Hating people who rob from you is normal and healthy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
turn yourself in..seek profession help.. ask your doctor if numbitalll is for you.
dont touch that dial..touching that dial can result in penalties ..
welcome to the new world order. where policies = police.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

[sarcasm] Yeah but at the very least the plebs are now disarmed and medicated so they can safely enjoy Dancing With the Puppets or Jersey Snore with their genetically modified grain beer made with fluoridated water, without fear of rabid falling shingles and student loan dodgers running amok.

I think it would just be best if we gave every police officer the right to hold public executions, we can set that up on Pay-Per-View and make another quick buck for our benevolent always loving caretakers. Judging by the attitudes of police and police supporters on ATS the police are angels because they follow the rules so stringently, that they will willingly KILL YOU DEAD for resisting their SUPPOSED authority to give something like a speeding ticket. Bless the police! The rules say they can do it! It doesn't matter that the rules themselves are wrong... Nope the great and holy state is always right, after all its for our protection! [/sarcasm]

Makes you sick doesn't it? At this point the only thing people in the US can do is study some law so they can realize that all the dumb rules cities and government enact only affect the city or government.

For example.

The code the city is trying to enforce for roof shingles only applies to sworn officers of the city when working in their capacity as officer for the city. Meaning if the city needed new shingles on the city hall they are held to their code. Nowhere does the building code apply to the private property or individual. At some point the private person granted some sort of jurisdiction to the city to apply the code to his private self/property. Usually this jurisdiction is granted when a private person agrees to the contract of property taxes by acquiescence. Learning how to remove ones self from the implied contract makes a world of difference.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Lol I dunnooo mine had alot of symbols for curse words, lots of caps, and woulda have been in the rants forum. And I've read most if those already

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

hate is the bloody lubricant of this diabolical machine.
i dont hate the rat that i may trap and kill.
or the sick rabid mangy mongrel when i stick a pistol
to his head and blow the brains all over the barnyard.
i'm a loving and peaceful sort.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Lol I dunnooo mine had alot of symbols for curse words, lots of caps, and woulda have been in the rants forum. And I've read most if those already

Yeah, I really do try to limit the amount of cursing in my writing. I try and save it only for the stuff that makes me furiously angry (which has been fairly frequently these days, as the string of articles in the OP can attest to.)

Good writing doesn't need it to get the point across.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
A continued fan of your posts here. What is sad, is that I remember all of these articles being posted here...only the past 6 months though...wow.

People seem to be coming apart at the seems lately as they can't process all the things happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join