It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this video about London and share it!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

peace

i'm not here to pass judgments, nor am i here to defend what's going on. however i see discussion here on ats is mostly pointed in one direction. that is understandable considering the amount of people we have on ats who are in the uk and are being affected by what's going on. this video is currently being moved around on facebook very quickly and i just thought i'd share it here.

ETA: an insurrection of the masses of the people such vivid vocabulary that pins it so well! i love it.
edit on 9-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
that guy is crazy lol, I heard that they shot him in the chest, not the head dawg

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can understand the kings english and I can understand african accents but I DEF cannot understand africans speaking the kings, I need subtitles. I Wish I could understand what the guy was saying as he seemed genuinely concerned.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I mentioned this this afternoon on the main thread and people were all like "Darcus Howe" is like Abu Hamza..

I think he was saying some truths and he was obviously pissed off.

That reporter should be fired.

I still think this woman is the voice of the nation.... she is my HERO

*Warning explicit*

edit on 9/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I watched this live this morning! Couldn't believe what I was hearing on BBC of all places.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

you don't seem to have meant disrespect, but he's west indian, not african.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
that guy is crazy lol, I heard that they shot him in the chest, not the head dawg

either way, he died so where he was shot really doesn't matter now does it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Awesome post. I love how he calls the interviewer an "idiot" towards the end of the vid.

He said that there have been warnings, if you listen to the youth. He says its a global "insurection." Yeah, its not a revolution but it looks like the beginning of a global civil war.

Politics have become so convoluted and corrupted its hard to take aim at one particular enemy. In the '60's and '70's the enemy was "The Man." Now, its the "Invisible Man!" No wonder there is so much frustration.

Pity the local peace loving people, this may be your 911, in that you will feel the results of these riots as your rights become stripped with stricter laws and civil authories monitoring it's populations with even bigger egos and control issues.
edit on 9-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i was on the main thread watching. people were just debating you for gp because you're communist.
lol

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

that's why it says they will never replay it. (smile)

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I can understand the kings english and I can understand african accents but I DEF cannot understand africans speaking the kings, I need subtitles. I Wish I could understand what the guy was saying as he seemed genuinely concerned.

sucks when people dont speak English. Oh wait, it was English. Sucks when people dont speak American. Dude it wasnt that hard to understand the video. And yeah, he was concerned.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
this man is a complete Pratt, this is no insurrection this is a bunch of greedy little #es, yeah they're black and live in black areas known for trouble so yeah majority searched are... you guessed it black so do they say this is unfair and protest NO they go burn sh**t. where are they now rubber bullets are authorized ????? PUSSIES

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Originally posted by Fitch303

sucks when people dont speak English. Oh wait, it was English. Sucks when people dont speak American. Dude it wasnt that hard to understand the video. And yeah, he was concerned.

I mean what do you want me to say, the audio quality was sh1t and throw in the accent and it's hard to follow. Do you notice how I called it "the kings" as is the english accent. I understood the reporter just fine, get off my balls.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Okay let us say that these youths are ‘rioting’ because of racial prejudice from police and the social inequality that is still no excuse to do what they are doing! You cannot burn down businesses, steal consumer goods, and vandalize entire neighborhoods. There is no justifying it regardless of how you try and spin it. This is about values and ethics, no one on the streets participating in these despicable acts have either.

For him to compare these socially backwards and uncivil acts of treason to their communities to the uprisings for freedom (if that was the real reason) across the Arab world is condemnable. Sorry, I am not buying it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

A Revolution has a greater chance of changing things but looters rioting and destroying property is just down right thugery.

Yesterday I saw an article where some Brits were strip naked by these thugs, a middle aged woman (photo soon removed) was stark naked and went viral over the world wide web (hope she sues).

I understand what this eldery gentleman is saying but he knows the parents can't control their kids and grandkids once they reach a certain age.

There's a big difference between a Revolutionist who dares take a stand without violence and a brazen Rioter who loots and destroys.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
this man is a complete Pratt, this is no insurrection this is a bunch of greedy little #es, yeah they're black and live in black areas known for trouble so yeah majority searched are... you guessed it black so do they say this is unfair and protest NO they go burn sh**t. where are they now rubber bullets are authorized ????? PUSSIES

well, on the news, and through speaking to and listening to people on here, and on facebook who are from london, i've heard that it's actually almost a nice split down the middle of 'chavs' and black youth. i could have an incorrect perspective, or you may need to step back and analyze yours.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah man! Down with "the man!"...

The rioters are SCUM... Here's a one of the "liberators" now, liberating a man from his possessions...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32debfcfde4a.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's a video of some more "liberators" from the British oppression liberating an injured man receiving treatment of his backpack contents...

Let me ask you this, how is burning your next door neighbors cars helping you? How is trashing private business helping you? It's not!

These rioters are brain dead idiots who deserve to be locked up. No respect from me what-so-ever.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

i think you have to think about the situation in regards to the subject. if people just wanted to rob stores, they could have sent around mass text messages any day of the year. though they may be out for selfish gain, i do believe that they harbor some anger which fuels the veracity of the events.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Man, got no clue what he's saying but he looks like Bill Cosby.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

basically, from his perspective, people shouldn't be surprised because racial tension has been ingrained in citizens since the beginning. he's basically saying that the # has hit the fan, and people should have seen it coming based upon the way london has been operating.

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join