It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this video about London and share it!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by ZIPMATT

So you'd never take any action to prevent a crime from happening until you have the proof of intent first?

If someone is carrying a gun, they are known to the police for being violent, then for the safety of the Police, Yes shoot away.

I wouldn't ask any person to confront people like that without allowing them to take that person out. Again, he was carrying a gun and was known to them. What do you think he was carrying a gun for?

edit on 10-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

He has a criminal record and was known to carry a gun but that does not excuse what happened and that is why there needs to be an investigation. If there were riots every time someone was killed not by police, there would be riots every day, probably every minute, and how many were killed in these riots? At least four from what i have read. There needs to be an investigation into what happened but these riots are just opportunistic crimes by people who dont want to work robbing from people who do work and are most likely just scraping by themselves.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Malcher because: Adding

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

*snip*

That is bang out of order!

Please explain to me why you feel I'm racist. I'd love to know.

Mod edit: removed quote of actioned post
edit on 10-8-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well the worms are coming out of the woodwork today.

You dont pre-empt the IPCC lightly. No excuse for that , sorry.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

reply to post by ZIPMATT

So you'd never take any action to prevent a crime from happening until you have the proof of intent first?

If someone is carrying a gun, they are known to the police for being violent, then for the safety of the Police, Yes shoot away.

I wouldn't ask any person to confront people like that without allowing them to take that person out. Again, he was carrying a gun and was known to them. What do you think he was carrying a gun for?

He has a criminal record and was known to carry a gun. If there were riots every time someone was killed ther would be riots every day and how many were killed in these riots? At least four from what i have read. There needs to be an investigation into what happened but these riots are just opportunistic thieves who dont want to work robbing from people who do work and are most likely just scraping by themselves.

The opportunistic thieves are the ones ruling over the British Parliament, the secret service and the biggest global thieves, the British monarchy, and waging devastating wars abroad as you read this, just for huge corporate assets, and to set up bloody dictatorships who will defend these assets.The British empire, who through NATO is still pretty much alive and well, has a long history of invading sovereign countries and communities all across the world, just to please the capitalists who were co-opted by "Her Majesty". It's against this, as well, that these kids are fighting.

The State is the biggest murdered of all, historically. And this kid was shot in the head, in cold blood by a heavily-armed policemen. It's not the first time it happens, but for once people REVOLT from it, instead of just accepting State crimes upon their friends and family. State violence has to STOP altogether, in UK just as in Syria.

There is no "good" State violence and "bad" State violence, everywhere it goes down to the same tyranny, often carried by the same global oligarchy.

edit on 10/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Don't be too surprised, but still, racist nutjobs like Jonoenglish

Are you going to respond to that?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

There is no "good" State violence and "bad" State violence, everywhere it goes down to the same tyranny, often carried by the same global oligarchy.

If you had said "there is no good violence" that would be something we would agree on.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Malcher because: Adding

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Don't be too surprised, but still, racist nutjobs like Jonoenglish

Because you are taking side with the Police version of the facts. The police in Britain, just like in the British dominion where I live, is extremely racist. And it's not another baseless accusation... they are doing everything from random harassing, to issuing tons of tickets to homeless or immigrant folks, to murdering them in cold blood, right in plain view. Two months ago in Montreal, two men were shot near a hospital, just because one of them was dumpstering food nearby and went into an argument with some nosy idiot. The Police do not refrain from using their racial/social prejudice and hatred into their job, since they can get away with it!

Here's the news article on that.

This man's account of immigrant youngsters -as well as "White" ones- getting systematically harassed by cops based on their color of skin is truthful. I'm not accusing all policemen of being filthy racist pigs, it's the institution they defend that is, because of the way it works, the people who staff it, it gives them a free channel for their barbaric contempt towards anyone who doesn't fit with their view of society, often in total impunity. (and having a paid .time off, or even losing your job, does not count as valid punishment for attempted MURDER, rape or even criminal negligence)

BUT I may be misfiring... perhaps you're not that much of a racist retard, and just be too much under the influence of authorities, just picking the wrong side and refusing, for some reason, to see the immigrant perspective of things.

Racism turns out to be the usual reason for it. After all, why would a White superior Briton "lowers" himself to see society from the perspective of mere "savages", eh? Typical colonial mentality, which brings exactly this kind of mess at the first place...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
edit for : no reason given

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'd call justification of summary executions in the street regardless of the truth, AND defence of other inexcusable behaviour , exc eptionally displeasurable behaviour. I'd call lying to make an approach on people's mentality in this way, more than exceptionally displeasurable.

Reasonable civility and social graces? Where Oh Where does it end ?
edit on 10-8-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

I'd call justification of summary executions in the street regardless of the truth, AND defence of other inexcusable behaviour , exc eptionally displeasurable behaviour. I'd call lying to make an approach on people's mentality in this way, more than exceptionally displeasurable.

Ah... good old USSR! People being shot by cops in the streets for whatever reasons. You seem to miss it don't ya?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Miss WHAT? I dont care if the KGB anhillate all of Russia , this is OUR country.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Watch this video with Darcus Howe and share it (it's more amusing than the op video) -

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

You trying to say I am going to get bumped ? SEND YOUR FED -EX VANS YA PUSSIES!

Ah... good old USSR! People being shot by cops in the streets for whatever reasons. You seem to miss it don't ya?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You are pre-judging this too, from the other side of the argument.

We don't know all the facts.

That's a fair point mate, I can't claim to know all the facts so we have to wait for sure.

In my 'opinion' armed police should be allowed to shoot criminals under the right circumstances.

They already are? They have the right to do this, If their lives or any member of the public's lives are threatened.
I also agree with your opinion.

I will give the Police benefit of any doubt until the facts have been made clear.

See I wont.

Don't you remember the Brazilian guy (Jean Charles de Menezes) who was shot point blank in the head, several times in London?
Police tried to cover it up...

That was murder.

en.wikipedia.org...

You call this a murder. Prove it. You can't, you assume based on your own perspective on this situation.

Hey, I'm looking at this with an open mind. I'm open to change based on the facts.

I'm going on the evidence so far.

Fact 1: Police say there was a shoot-out between them and Mr.Duggan (suspected criminal), There was not, His gun was never fired.

Fact 2: The police shot and killed Mr Duggan.

Fact 3: (although really just fact 1 +) The police LIED about the incident straight away.... to cover their asses.

Rumours and Eye-Witness Reports. :

Mr Duggan was lying on the floor when shot.

Several also state that they did not see a weapon on Mr.Duggan.

So yes, I am also open minded but we should not just say "I give the police the benefit of the doubt" It's very dangerous to do so and going on past incidents.... Ian Tomlinson, Jean Charles De Menezes, Possibly even Smiley Culture.... the Police are not priests or saints and they LIE all the time and will do so to cover a colleague and protect their own.

edit on 10/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I'm racist ................

Because you are taking side with the Police version of the facts.

That makes me racist?

The police in Britain, just like in the British dominion where I live, is extremely racist. And it's not another baseless accusation... they are doing everything from random harassing, to issuing tons of tickets to homeless or immigrant folks, to murdering them in cold blood, right in plain view

Rubbish.

Two months ago in Montreal, two men were shot near a hospital, just because one of them was dumpstering food nearby and went into an argument with some nosy idiot. The Police do not refrain from using their racial/social prejudice and hatred into their job, since they can get away with it! Here's the news article on that.

What's that got to do with the UK police?

This man's account of immigrant youngsters -as well as "White" ones- getting systematically harassed by cops based on their color of skin is truthful

So the Police went for white ones too, in an area with a majority of black people? That is racist indeed.

I'm not accusing all policemen of being filthy racist pigs

Yes you are.

it's the institution they defend that is, because of the way it works, the people who staff it, it gives them a free channel for their barbaric contempt towards anyone who doesn't fit with their view of society,

They have rules of conduct and are accountable for their actions, rioters don't.

BUT I may be misfiring...

I could call it friendly fire.

perhaps you're not that much of a racist retard

ok, maybe not so much friendly.

and just be too much under the influence of authorities, just picking the wrong side and refusing, for some reason, to see the immigrant perspective of things.

I've never mentioned immigration.

Racism turns out to be the usual reason for it. After all, why would a White superior Briton "lowers" himself to see society from the perspective of mere "savages", eh? Typical colonial mentality, which brings exactly this kind of mess at the first place..

My god, where did THAT come from?

I
to anyone fighting racism, however you are headng down the wrong path on this one with me.

I do note that you are quick to prejudge all Police though. Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonetruegod
this man is a complete Pratt, this is no insurrection this is a bunch of greedy little #es, yeah they're black and live in black areas known for trouble so yeah majority searched are... you guessed it black so do they say this is unfair and protest NO they go burn sh**t. where are they now rubber bullets are authorized ????? PUSSIES

I'm black, get regularly searched, live in a area not known for trouble and drive a Porsche 911. The police see the colour not the wallet....No matter how rich I get I'll still be treated a certain way by the Police and to a lesser extent by society.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo

Originally posted by nonetruegod
this man is a complete Pratt, this is no insurrection this is a bunch of greedy little #es, yeah they're black and live in black areas known for trouble so yeah majority searched are... you guessed it black so do they say this is unfair and protest NO they go burn sh**t. where are they now rubber bullets are authorized ????? PUSSIES

I'm black, get regularly searched, live in a area not known for trouble and drive a Porsche 911. The police see the colour not the wallet....No matter how rich I get I'll still be treated a certain way by the Police and to a lesser extent by society.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

How often do you get stopped and searched by the Police?
What attitude do the Police have with you throughout the questioning?
Is your age a possible reason for them stopping you, seeing as you drive a 911? I know of young people who also get stopped due to the car they drive and their age.

It could also be the way you drive.
Bear with me on that one matey, I'm not saying you are a bad driver but
I've seen quite a few of those 'police car' programmes where they follow a patrol car around filming what happens.
You'd be amazed at how the police will be driving along and comment on a car ahead either by the way the driver is handling the car or by the way the driver acts. They call it instinct. Most of the time they are right and those drivers are up to no good.

We have loads of cars being stopped and searched in my area which is multi-cultural . 90% of those are white drivers from what I've seen. . It happens on a regular basis from just being pulled over by a patrol car to those ones where they set up an area pulling over non insured drivers etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

ATS has its own racist population, that explains the fact that this interview only gained 10 flags. That being said, "in Youtube, this interview gained 2 million views, around 50,000 likes". It shows that ATS is becoming infused with main stream media.
edit on 11-8-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The way I see it nothing could ever justify the looting, etc. But it IS good to get another perspective, so thank you for posting this.

This is what it has taught me:

1) There may be very real grievances on the part of many young people who have no real stake in society

2) Those of us who haven't experienced random stop & search, etc., probably don't grasp how humiliating/alienating it must be

3) When young people see the police, the only representatives of the state they regularly meet, as 'the enemy', it is not going to help them develop respect for authority in general

4) Though this gentleman made a quantum leap from marauding groups of wannabe gangsters to 'insurrection of the masses', there is probably some grain of truth in his statement in that he has seen a mass insurrection coming for many years but has misapplied his expectations to present events

5) He gained far more respect than the presenter in that he actually listened to what she was saying, spoke in good faith (which was not honoured), and articulated his concerns lucidly and passionately.

I might not agree with everything he had to say, but I'm very glad I've now heard this. If only the media were balanced enough to engage seriously with people whose perspective rocks the boat! Can you imagine how different this interview would have been if it had been conducted by a BBC presenter from a similar background to the man being interviewed?..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join