It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan government prepares plan to flee Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Japan government prepares plan to flee Tokyo

www.abc.net.au

A new panel from Japan's Ministry of Land and Infrastructure will consider the possibility of moving some of Tokyo's capital functions to another big city, like Osaka.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The headline is a bit misleading, first of all: They are talking about moving "some" functions elsewhere in case of another emergency. And it is a panel that is convened to "consider the possibility of doing something" which in Japan-speak means that if anything actually does come of it, it is a geologic level of time away.

Even so it is very unsettling, isn't it? And the source is playing it this way. I do not think a city of 30 million people can be evacuated...but elites sure can. Japan watchers on ATS have said before: keep your eyes on the elites. Are we seeing them decamping as record-high levels of radiation are being detected at Fukushima?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
this was already posted

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
this was already posted

Sorry...don't see it in the breaking news, am I missing something? Because if it was posted elsewhere but not in breaking news, under ATS terms and conditions it can also be posted in breaking news.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by AzazeI
this was already posted

Sorry...don't see it in the breaking news, am I missing something? Because if it was posted elsewhere but not in breaking news, under ATS terms and conditions it can also be posted in breaking news.

******Saa--NAP!!******

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Is this for real? Pretty crazy I must say....I'm sure that the rest of the world will become slightly suspicious as to the safety of living in Japan, when the ENTIRE government moves away from there...

FLAG, even though it was supposedly already posted, this was the first I've read about the evacuation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

They tried decentralising Government in Ireland - probably in case of peat eruptions - but the trouble is the people involved refused to move.

I guess the same might happen in Tokyo.

I see nothing sinister in this. Decentralisation makes sense and if it can be actioned saves costs as well as providing security of tenure (read GRIP) for the Gubbermint. Don't want those nasty serfs getting out of hand if something happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by chanel

They tried decentralising Government in Ireland - probably in case of peat eruptions - but the trouble is the people involved refused to move.

I guess the same might happen in Tokyo.

I see nothing sinister in this. Decentralisation makes sense and if it can be actioned saves costs as well as providing security of tenure (read GRIP) for the Gubbermint. Don't want those nasty serfs getting out of hand if something happens.

A radiated country full of contaminated people yet you see nothing wrong with them up and leaving ? If the people have to live there, so do they. Who the f makes them god ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Why don't YOU read the article first before you comment? As the OP pointed out the headline is a bit sensationalist.

Japan is considering the possibility of creating a back-up capital city in case a major natural disaster, like the March 11 earthquake, strikes Tokyo.

Does that say fleeing? No it does not, and again I say they will probably find, as Ireland did, that people will not want to move out of Tokyo.

top topics

join