It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 2011 footage of dare I say 'planet x' or 'niburu' ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this recent video on youtube which raised my eyebrow, and I must say I am very skeptical about Niburu, Planet X, Brown Dwarves and 2012

www.youtube.com...

go easy on me - this is my first 'out there" space thread - I cant personally validate or debunk this, and its cloudy here so I am not in a position to run outside and say "oh look, youtube was right"

let me state at the outset I am happy to have this debunked or moved to hoax or thread deleted

I have done my best to use ATS search and can't find this elsewhere

the video is quite long at 31 minutes and the commentary leaves somewhat to be desired, plus there are a couple of spots he goes 'way overboard' on stuff he sees in the daytime - however you only need to see the first few minutes to get the idea - it is video shot through binoculars in Minneapolis at night that shows the full moon with a blue 'planet' visible near it - and cloud movement that gives a reasonable impressin that there is no lens flare involved

the video poster also has links to footage shot on other dates

so let's hear your ideas folks - anyone seen this kind of thing before/elsewhere?

cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What are you talking about? theres like 3-4 various clips in the video, do you mean that little dot that looks like a star? I dont see how you get planet x or nibiru from that
edit on 9-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
What are you talking about? theres like 3-4 various clips in the video, do you mean that little dot that looks like a star? I dont see how you get planet x or nibiru from that

no the blue thing - I first thought it was a reflection, but then there is cloud cover in some shots - so reflected in what?
edit on 9-8-2011 by Highlander64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
After watching,, keep in mind,, this,,,, account,,,,and yes its real,,,was
was given in 1861,,150 years ago,,,,,,pretty primitive by today's standards,,
but interesting.

comet of 1861

(2011 OD18)

Classification: Apollo [NEO] SPK-ID: 3574335
Title: Apollo
Description: Near-Earth asteroid orbits which cross the Earth's orbit similar to that of 1862 Apollo (a > 1.0 AU; q < 1.017 AU).
-------------------
The Comet of 1861

An impression of the great comet of 1861 as seen from Kent on the evening of June 30th. The Earth is believed to have passed through the comet’s tail on this day. (see Dark Days) Painting © Chris Chatfield.
The twentieth century was almost devoid of great comets, thus disproving the notion that they are portents of war and disaster. The nineteenth century was, however, amply supplied. Victorian cometophiles could debate the relative spectacles provided by the visitors of 1843, 1858, 1861 and 1882, while sipping the last of the 'comet wine', a famous vintage from Portugal produced while the great comet of 1811 was visible.
The comet of 1861 was not the most spectacular of the nineteenth century (that probably being the comet of 1811) or the most beautiful, which was Donati's of 1858, but its appearance was dramatic, and it interacted with the Earth in an almost unprecedented way. For a while the Earth was actually within the comet's tail, and the inhabitants of this planet had a brief but giddy view of streams of cometary material converging towards the distant nucleus. By day also the Sun was dimmed as the Earth ploughed through the comet's gas and dust.
John Tebbutt, a sheep farmer and amateur astronomer of Windsor, New South Wales, Australia, discovered the comet of 1861 on May 13.
It was magnitude 4, visible to the naked eye,
and a month before perihelion (June 11).
Before news of the discovery could reach the northern hemisphere, the comet itself appeared in northern skies. The first person in England to see it may have been William C. Burder, of Clifton, Bristol, who dashed off a letter to the Times on Sunday,
June 30th. "Sir - At 2.40 a.m. today I detected a brilliant comet near the north-west horizon. It was visible till 3.20 a.m….it appeared as bright as Capella and was favourably situated for the comparison. It was surrounded by a nebulous haze, but I saw no tail…The daylight put out the both the comet and Capella nearly at the same time; your readers will therefore consider this a proof that it is a brilliant object."
(A resident of Hawkhurst, in Kent, claimed to have seen it on the evening of June 29, and to have mistaken it for the rising Moon).
As the long midsummer Sunday drew to a close, there was noticed a strange appearance in the sky. E. J. Lowe, at Beaston, said, "The sky had a yellow, auroral, glare-like look, and the sun, though shining, gave but a feeble light…in our parish church the vicar had the pulpit candles lighted at seven o'clock, a proof that a sensation of darkness was felt even with the sun shining." J. R. Hind, in London, told the Times; "there was a peculiar phosphorescence or illumination of the sky, which I attributed at the time to an auroral glare; it was remarked by other persons as something unusual".
Even before the sun set, the comet became visible.
E. J. Lowe saw it first at 7.49 p.m. (GMT), when it had no tail, and looked like "Jupiter in a fog, only much larger." By 9 p.m. the tail was visible, and by 10.30 it was 45° long, rising vertically and spreading out until it was three times the diameter of the Moon. John Hippisley, at Ston Easton in Wiltshire, saw the comet at 10 p.m., when it was conspicuous despite strong twilight. Midsummer nights are never quite dark even in southern England, but on the night of June 30th the comet was bright enough to cast a shadow on white paper, despite the fact that the nucleus was only a few degrees above the horizon. Hippisley said the tail was curvilinear, passing across the Pole Star, and sweeping deep into the constellation Lyra. It was at least 90° long. A drawing by the English observer G. Williams showed the comet with its nucleus near Capella and having an enormous fan-shaped tail reaching up to Polaris, with subsidiary jets streaming down from Ursa Major and Cassiopeia, like converging railway lines. Some disputed the accuracy of this picture, but on July 6, J. R. Hind told the Times, "Allow me to draw attention to a circumstance relating to the present comet…It appears not only possible,
but even probable, that in the course of Sunday last,
the earth passed through the tail at a distance of perhaps two-thirds of its length from the nucleus".
On June 28, at 6 pm, the nucleus of the comet was in the ecliptic,
about 13 million miles from the Earth.
Had the tail streamed directly behind the comet, the Earth would have encountered it soon after 10 p.m. on June 30th. But tails always lag behind the nucleus, and Hind, judging by the amount of tail curvature and the comet's direction of motion,
estimated that the Earth would have entered the tail in the early morning of
June 30; "or, at any rate, it was certainly in a region which had been swept over by cometary matter a short time previously."
On July 1,
the comet was not visible until 8.45 p.m., an hour later than on the previous night. The nucleus was also much less hazy, no longer being seen through a screen of tail material.
Between July 2 and
July 19,
telescopic observations of the head of the comet showed
a total of 11 luminous envelopes rising successively from the nucleus.
A new one was emitted every two days.
The comet was withdrawing from the Earth at the rate of about 6 million miles a day;
on July 12th
it was 37,800,000 miles away, on July 28th 78,900,000 miles.
As it did so, the full length of its vast tail could be seen.
Secchi claimed that on July 1 and 2 it was 118° long.
By the middle of August the comet was no longer visible to the naked eye,
but it was visible in telescopes until May 1862.
An elliptical orbit with a period of about 400 years was calculated,

And too all of the Amatuer Astonomers,,,or "cometophiles "?? lol,, they were not off by much,, in there, elliptical orbit.

A sheep farmer

edit on 9-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

The blue thing is a reflection for sure. it looks like the moon =/ I dont know what else to say xD

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
thanks Bob, however I am reasonably sure there are no comets out there at the minute..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The blue thing is a reflection for sure.

that could be but reflected in what? There is a 2nd video apparently shot 2 days later
www.youtube.com...

at the very start yoyu can see clouds rolling across in front of the moon and the object

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64

The blue thing is a reflection for sure.

that could be but reflected in what? There is a 2nd video apparently shot 2 days later
www.youtube.com...

at the very start yoyu can see clouds rolling across in front of the moon and the object

i'm not a camera expert, hopefully one sees this and gives you a good explanation, but most of the comments seem to agree with me stating that it looks like the moon, hope you find a solid answer

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Lens flare, reflection in the body of a cheap lens...

Anyways. If this was there why doesn't anyone else see it and why do people with crappy equipment only seem to be the ones who are able to film it. What's wrong with peoples eyes? Why do you need a camera to see it? Maybe it's a magic

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Can't watch with sound, but does he actually see the blue thing with the naked eye, or does it only appear when he films it.

Others would have seen this already don't you think???

Seems like a reflection or some odd camera effect...
edit on 9-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
Lens flare, reflection in the body of a cheap lens...

Anyways. If this was there why doesn't anyone else see it and why do people with crappy equipment only seem to be the ones who are able to film it. What's wrong with peoples eyes? Why do you need a camera to see it? Maybe it's a magic

he does have some lens flare later on in the vid

I often wonder the same thing - it seems very hard to see the same thing as these folks do with their 'equipment'

I also wonder why this thing is blue - isnt the fabled planet x supposed to be red?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Nibiru is the name of the Hydra beast that just will not die.

NIBIRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Can't watch with sound, but does he actually see the blue thing with the naked eye, or does it only appear when he films it.

Others would have seen this already don't you think???

Seems like a reflection or some odd camera effect...

good question - I would assume he saw something with his eyes prior to making the vid, otherwise how would he know what to look for with the binoculars

like those '2 suns in the sunset' (wasn't that the name of a Pink Floyd song?) I look most days, I can't see that either lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Nibiru is the name of the Hydra beast that just will not die.

NIBIRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

lol, maybe we should rename it something else eh? just think of all the youtube vids that no one would watch anymore

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yeah,Planet X for sure.... and it`s gonna hit earth 21.12.2012 right? U people retarded or just trying to fool others? ALL videos that last on youtube are either joke,or is 2pac songs !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
it's filmed through binoculars, what you see a reflection of the moon.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

You can't see two suns either for the same reasons you can't see another planet. Try buying a #ty camera and film stuff with that will amaze the balls off of Youtube with the undeniable footage of lens... I mean, extra planets and suns.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The blue thing is the moon pause the video and take a good look! You will then see the man in the Moon looking back at you

Ok being serious it is the moon its a ghost image or some sort a reflection, the moon is over exposed the reflection is just bright enough to make out the seas and the guy who made the video is another of these youtube nut jobs, these people should get some lessons on video and photography may be then they might post something worthwhile on you tube.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The blue thing is not a planet or anything else. Just a reflection of the moon caused by a filter.
By putting a filter before your lens, you will get some sort of lens flare from it.
I have encountered this problem a lot as a amateur photographer and its realy a problem for photographers.
I can make a video just like this one.

The little dot under the moon might be jupiter or mars, i think its mars actualy. I've been out many days now to prepare for the yearly Perseïden pass-by and i see mars near the moon.
somewhere in the video i also see a plane.

No niburu or planet x for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Glad you posted this, but I don't see how Nibiru, which is supposed to to be on it's way in from the outer reaches of our solar system, can possibly be stuck, so to speak, behind the moon. The moon is orbiting the earth after all. Anything behind it would be orbiting too. Therefore it has to be something else. I really think it is leansflare and the cloud thing is doe to the rather odd properties of light. Either that or something else is coming in at us, and I really doubt that.

Just sayin'...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join