It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve’s Sheets Quits as Bernanke’s Chief International Adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The Federal Reserve said D. Nathan Sheets quit as the central bank’s chief international economic adviser after almost four years in the position and a day before policy makers meet.

The Fed, in a statement today in Washington, didn’t say why Sheets, 46, is leaving the institution. As director of the Division of International Finance, Sheets briefed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and other officials on economic developments outside the U.S. and represented the Fed at international meetings.

Steven B. Kamin, a deputy director of the division, will serve as acting director, the Fed said.

Sheets is leaving as European leaders take action to avert a widening of the continent’s sovereign debt crisis and U.S. officials gauge reaction to the Aug. 5 downgrade of the country’s AAA credit rating by Standard & Poor’s. The Federal Open Market Committee meets tomorrow in Washington.

“Nathan has provided invaluable insight and stellar leadership at a time of great volatility in the world economy,” Bernanke said in a statement. “We thank him for his dedicated service and wish him well.”

Sheets is using annual-leave days between now and his official departure date of Sept. 9 and won’t attend tomorrow’s FOMC meeting, said David Skidmore, a Fed spokesman.

So what's this all about?
Could be just time to leave and go on to greener pastures. But then again, it could be the kitchen is getting too hot and time to bail before the poo poo really starts hitting the fan! What do ATS members think?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

The Federal Reserve said D. Nathan Sheets quit as the central bank’s chief international economic adviser after almost four years in the position and a day before policy makers meet.

The Fed, in a statement today in Washington, didn’t say why Sheets, 46, is leaving the institution. As director of the Division of International Finance, Sheets briefed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and other officials on economic developments outside the U.S. and represented the Fed at international meetings.

Steven B. Kamin, a deputy director of the division, will serve as acting director, the Fed said.

Sheets is leaving as European leaders take action to avert a widening of the continent’s sovereign debt crisis and U.S. officials gauge reaction to the Aug. 5 downgrade of the country’s AAA credit rating by Standard & Poor’s. The Federal Open Market Committee meets tomorrow in Washington.

“Nathan has provided invaluable insight and stellar leadership at a time of great volatility in the world economy,” Bernanke said in a statement. “We thank him for his dedicated service and wish him well.”

Sheets is using annual-leave days between now and his official departure date of Sept. 9 and won’t attend tomorrow’s FOMC meeting, said David Skidmore, a Fed spokesman.

So what's this all about?
Could be just time to leave and go on to greener pastures. But then again, it could be the kitchen is getting too hot and time to bail before the poo poo really starts hitting the fan! What do ATS members think?

So the fat rats are starting to jump ship. The ba*snip*s
So typical of dem lib.thieves

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think he doesn't want to get his hands dirty on something as whatever the chairman says (I can't spell his last name / remember it) it could be bad, this guy doesn't want any blame associated with whatever happens tomorrow, and it could be a bit messy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's quite funny how these cheesy rat bastards see it long after the "real" people see it. Fantasy land must be a real biatch! Now if only the majority sheeple morons could see what is going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Indeed, the rats jump the burning sinking ship first.

This is not good...not good at all.
The S is hitting the F.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Do you see that flyin'??
ITS hit the fan alright!!!

Tomorrow is gonna be a wild ride I think!!
Get your poo umbrellas because more is on the way!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The false left right paradigm has been in operation since 1913 when President Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into law giving a privately owned central bank the ability to literally control our entire government.

Do not blame the "dem lib thieves" for they are merely reading off the same script that the republicans are.

That script is called 'Philip Dru' and it was created with Rothschild gold.

google

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just don't believe in coincidence. There is a big rat in the woodpile here somewhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
When our credit is gonzo, they stalk us like a lion...all of a sudden their credit is lowered just out of the best list & they are crying, complaining and shifting blame to a party that isn't even relevant to the problem. IDIOTS!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

This is fantastic news!

We are on the verge of Global Debt forgiveness.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Maybe this rat did not jump ship, but was pushed? There is another recent thread where the appeals court has decided to go after Rumsfeld for the torture policy. Has there been a change of the guards in the halls of power and integrity has been restored as a value?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

The false left right paradigm has been in operation since 1913 when President Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act into law giving a privately owned central bank the ability to literally control our entire government.
Do not blame the "dem lib thieves" for they are merely reading off the same script that the republicans are.

Fair enough and agreed
S4U

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Sheet has hit the fan. Tomorrow should be interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
one down (they probably gave him the boot so he could go on to bigger and evil-er things)
many more to go. lets start giving them all the boot. they obviously dont know what they're doing (well they do but its not in our interest)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

One puppet leaves

Another takes his place

Big deal

This is a circus act - a blame game

Will Bernake get the blame? Or just Dear Leader Obama? Both?

As the masses awaken to the reality that our last century was completely manipulated in almost every way, the House of Rothschild will cut their minions down one by one, until HIS-STORY documents that a couple low level pinocchios robbed the country blind.

ufos, elenin, false left right paradigm keeps the shadows dark.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ha! Since I read the article on Yahoo the other day about Bernanke getting drunk and telling all in a pub....I figured the cookies would begin to crumble. They should. Out with the FED!!!!!!!! I am ready and I think many Americans had they known...know....what they are about we would have had a revolution many years ago.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Ha! Since I read the article on Yahoo the other day about Bernanke getting drunk and telling all in a pub....I figured the cookies would begin to crumble.

You do realize that was from the ONION right? As in... it was fake.... I really hope you realize that was fake....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido687

You do realize that was from the ONION right? As in... it was fake.... I really hope you realize that was fake....

You do realize that the truth can be so messed up at times all you can do is laugh at it... you do realise that

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
IMO working for the FED is the same as working for the MOB... No one just walks away. No body gets out alive.
We shall see...

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido687

Was it really? The picture of him at the bar was fake too? No.....I had no idea they could have him in a picture at the bar and it not really be him.
Oh well...it was one funny story with more than one news site commenting on it. They must have all fell in line with the "Onion" then??

Thanks for letting me in on the secret then.

Jenn

new topics

top topics

join