It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Orange Goo is Unidentified Eggs!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Shrimp eggs also look the same.

You are much more likely to find shrimp and prawns in this area.

My vote is for shrimp eggs, now that you mention it, they look almost exactly like what is washing up on shore. And I don't care what anyone says, shrimp eggs are GROSS. BLEH!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
lobster eggs? I would think that NOAA would know lobster eggs when they seen them and for all that has shown up it would have to be a lot of lobsters or a very big one like the size of a battleship. I hope that is all that it is. But I still think that NOAA would know what they were. Odd is an understatement

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well,something I was thinking about.
Them mama crabs keep their eggs with them till they hatch.
Am I wrong?
So,for all those eggs to be released,wouldn't there have to
be some outside force to contribute to that?
Maybe something to do with Fukushima and the dumping of all that
radioactive water into the ocean?
Just pondering.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Good find.
Could very well be lobster eggs.

Annndddd just like that I'm vegan

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Kind of like some sort of mass-aquatic-miscarriage?

I hope they find out the answers soon, I wanna know.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The freaky part is:

How the hell did they get airborne ??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

that's alot of microscopic eggs!!

it will be interesting to find out what they are from.

some kind of sea mite?

but the shear amount in one place is strange.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well if they are microscopic, it wouldn't take much more than a light wind to send them flying if they were floating on the surface of the water.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Beings they are Microscopic and possibly dried out from washing ashore or getting blown onto land, It seems Possible that they would get blown inland and carried around like any kind of dirt or dust particle.

Seems the most Logical conclusion.

I'm Surprised Ive not seen any mention of Invasive alien eggs from outer space

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wait, seriously...everyone questions the validity of the egg? but no one thinks we should just sit back and watch at least one hatch to confirm it?

are you all atsers have tinfoil hats on too tight? nah just kidding. rolfcopter

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
lobster eggs? I would think that NOAA would know lobster eggs when they seen them and for all that has shown up it would have to be a lot of lobsters or a very big one like the size of a battleship. I hope that is all that it is. But I still think that NOAA would know what they were. Odd is an understatement

I was thinking the same thing, you'd think that they would have had some idea of the egg's species or origin - especially if it is not unusual. Maybe someone out there has seen or heard of a similar biological event? I'm not holding my breath to hear anything more official on this one for awhile.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Blob is back. (cue creepy music)

Anyways, neither shrimp nor lobster qualify as what I would think of as microscopic. As in, can only be seen under a microscope. I can clearly see a distinct egg with my eyes just fine.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Alaskan waters are too cold for Lobster. I'm going to go with insect eggs. You have no idea how bad mosquitos can get in that part of the world. Saw one once, had Boeing written on the side.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
Alaskan waters are too cold for Lobster. I'm going to go with insect eggs. You have no idea how bad mosquitos can get in that part of the world. Saw one once, had Boeing written on the side.

One day global warming will cause the evil gigantic mosquitos of the North to met the evil little black flies, and WW3 will truly begin.

I had to. I now have the little black flies song going through my head.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Let's hope the "MAD" hypothesis is proven true. Unleash the Hummingbirds!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
According to CNN, they are crustacean eggs. That would put them with shrimp and crabs. They are 1-10th the size of herring roe eggs. Would fit right into shrimp category I think.

(CNN) -- A mysterious orange substance that washed up on the shores of an Alaskan village last week was a mass of microscopic, invertebrate eggs, possibly those of a small crustacean, a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration lab said Monday. More testing will determine the species and whether the eggs -- whose appearance on the shores of Kivalina in northwest Alaska startled residents Wednesday -- are toxic, said Julie Speegle, representative of the NOAA Alaska Fisheries Science Center's Auke Bay Laboratories. Residents of Kivalina, an Inupiat Eskimo village of about 430 people, found the substance in its lagoon -- giving the lagoon an orange sheen -- and clumps of the orange stuff on the beach. A resident who took pictures of the substance, Mida Swan, said last week that it had an oily feel, like baby oil.

The Link:CNN-Alaskan mystery substance

The feeling like baby oil also fits with shrimp eggs....YUCK!!

The reason I know this is because I have eaten shrimp before that still had their eggs. Some people like them that way, I am not one of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Mana from heaven...

lmao

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Okay, hold on a minute.

Are you guys saying that every time I walk along the oceanside, I'm sucking microscopic crustacean eggs into my mouth, throat, and lungs ??

...?

...!

Aaahhhhhhh !!!!

/panic mode

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am not so sure I trust the explanation by CNN. It does not cover why it was in the rain water. I am kinda hoping that it is the same "INDIA'S RED RAIN" .
red rain 1
red rain 2
red rain 3

Are they even going to try to check for DNA? There are a lot of articles on line about it so just use your favorite search engine.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Okay, hold on a minute.

Are you guys saying that every time I walk along the oceanside, I'm sucking microscopic crustacean eggs into my mouth, throat, and lungs ??

...?

...!

Aaahhhhhhh !!!!

/panic mode

'ave a nutha' cigarette !

Eggs eh?... can't wait to find out what hatches. It may confirm the panspermia theory after all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join