Alaskan Orange Goo is Unidentified Eggs!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So the orange goo showing up on the shore of Northwestern Alaska has been identified by NOAA as eggs.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Scientists have identified an orange-colored gunk that appeared along the shore of a remote Alaska village as millions of microscopic eggs. But the mystery is not quite solved. Officials with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Monday they don't know what species the eggs are or if they are toxic.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yet the original reports of this goo also stated it appeared in rain buckets and on rooftops.

The next day it rained, and residents found the orange matter floating on top of the rain buckets they use to collect drinking water. It was also found on one roof, leading them to believe whatever it was, it was airborne, too.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I am not a biologist - but what in the heck are the possibilities? I'm hoping for a better explanation than UFE's - unidentified flying eggs!

edit on 8/8/2011 by Open2Truth because: adding image
edit on 8/8/2011 by Open2Truth because: spelling
edit on 8/8/2011 by Open2Truth because: oops

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

airborn not likely...water born...more likely...lite enough to travel with water into rain or snow, maybe even precipitation considering they're microscopic... that's very odd if true...
edit on 8-8-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Many of the reports described the material (when dried) like a fine poweder or dust, so it is possible that in a dry state it was swept up by the wind into the air, and upon the next rain it fell back down.
I'm just theorizing...

But if that isn't wild enough of an explanation, then you can opt for the "It originated from above" type scenario..

Regards.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Pretty weird. Never seen that before, but then again there's lots of things I've never seen. Sometimes newspapers or news stations pick up on stories and make them seem like they're strange and unusual circumstances when in fact a few people in the region have seen it before. That doesn't stop the rest of us from wondering what this mysterious substance could be. Maybe someone from Alaska can speak up and shed some light on this. I've looked at a few more reports, and some say these are crustacean eggs. How they got on the roof is anyone's guess. Could be that local birds were feeding on them and carried them away, dropping some as they flew over roofs. Who knows...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
very strange indeed
especially eggs! will they grow ??

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What comes to mind is when some species of animals, such as fish, are sucked up into the air by weather disturbances and deposited onto the ground via rain, sometimes at great distances away. Could be some sort of fish spawn that just happens to have been sucked up and dumped all over Alaska.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've read that in both Chernobyl and Fukushima's nuclear disasters, a yellow or orange fallout material was detected by residents. In both incidents, they were initially told it was nothing but harmless pollen from plantlife, but it was later verified to be radioactive material.

When I clicked that image, the orange material seems to be powder, not intact eggs.

I am not saying it COULDN'T be microscopic eggs as they say, however, I lean towards the idea that these so called "eggs" are just another "pollen" excuse.

If not from Fukushima and if not radioactive, I still believe this is some sort of chemical pollution created by a factory or industrial complex.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
CHEM-TRAILS!!!! its in the air, and in such quantities that it is visible to the naked eye!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have heard of red rain in India that did have a biological component to it. One theory was that it was picked up from outer space as the Earth travels through it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dang. It looks like, even if they hatched, it would be very difficult to see what kind of organism they are... since they're microscopic and all. I doubt the scientists studying the eggs are going to tell us.

...so this mystery could simply remain a mystery. Wish the eggs were bigger so one of the villagers could hatch it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
OH NO!!

an invasion of space monkeys to free their sea monkey brethren!

Seriously though, weird!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's free caviar!!
A tornado or hurricane uplifted it into the air and dropped it on them!
It really does look like roe(fish eggs),just hope it dosen't grow into Godzilla
from the radiation from Japan.

edit on 8-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was thinking herring roe possibly picked up and tossed around, same color...and eggs....but....these are microscopic eggs? am I understanding that? Or misunderstanding it?

If that's the case it is not herring roe...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I was thinking herring roe possibly picked up and tossed around, same color...and eggs....but....these are microscopic eggs? am I understanding that? Or misunderstanding it?

If that's the case it is not herring roe...

Guess I missed something.It's microscopic?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I had Salmon eggs in mind, but to be dried up in the water? Seems some more investigation is needed.I have witnessed many dead fish along with their eggs. Seems plausible, what type and if now, why out of season?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The OP and story says microscopic, yep, I double checked. Can't be herring roe cause although they have tiny orange eggs, they are not microscopic.

I lived in Alaska on the coast for several years, in fact heading back this next spring, and honestly, with all of the species of fish, I am willing to bet it is some very small silvery fish that probably resembles a herring in how it mates and spawns. Herring group to sea weed and lay eggs in the weeds.

Just what my scattered brain tells me it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So,what about crustaceans eggs.Shrimp or crab.
Here is an example of some shrimp eggs.

And I found this bit of info.

We now think these are some sort of small crustacean egg or embryo, with a lipid oil droplet in the middle causing the orange color,” said the lab’s lead scientist Jeep Rice to the LA Times. “So this is natural. It is not chemical pollution; it is not a man-made substance.” Scientists were quickly able to identify a cell structure once they put the goo underneath a microscope. Additional testing will be required to determine which animal the roe belongs to and if it is, in any way, toxic. Because the substance was first spotted after rainfall and on a roof, residents suspected the orange goo was an airborne toxic event.

hypervocal.com...
edit on 8-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Lobster eggs, check out this link. About twards the bottom of the page. Theyare small and bright orange.
Ive seen sand crabs eggs and they are bright orange, too!

Lobster eggs

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
Lobster eggs, check out this link. About twards the bottom of the page. Theyare small and bright orange.

Lobster eggs

Good find.
Could very well be lobster eggs.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

Lobster eggs

Good find.
Could very well be lobster eggs.

Back in the day,I use to catch blue crabs on the east coast.
That is what made me think of crustacean eggs cause if we caught a female,we would have to release her.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join