It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: The US and Eurozone Economies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I absolutely love these polls. Thanks SO for entertaining us!
The results are no surprise, especially the finance/banking part.
It's going to get much worse, I really hope we are all wrong, but I don't see a peachy future for us.

Oh and I'm taking the UFO survey right now

edit on 8/9/2011 by Alexander the Great because: Additional comment

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
For the record, the US economy is still growning, very slowly. We are not in a recession in technical terms (economy shrinks). It seems as though we are because the economy was setup in the belief that growth would continue at a pace 2-3 times what we have now so we are applying the brakes in some sense.

Also, I agree that Obamas administration is not improving our situation, however publicly available statistics do show that Reagan and the Bush/Bush duo have accrued the VAST majority of our debts by percentage and dollar for dollar, with the debt surging even more during Rep/Rep periods.

I'm not going to post it here because because self discovery leads to better understanding and acceptance.

Searching for "debt breakdown by president" or debt breakdown by congress" is an excellent place to start.

Everyone is involved but one side is obssesed with denying and mischaracterizing their involvement and that makes "them" more dangerous in my view.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Very interesting. This being a conspiracy website, among other things, I figured that the conspiracy question would score relatively high. I don't know if I would call that result high, but it definitely isn't low.

I agree with Leonidas, that we need to have user polls to go with certain threads so that we can not only get a grip on the majority view, but also so we can cross-reference the data of multiple threads. I enjoy the polls, and I am sure that things would get out of hand if any user could create one, so there would obviously have to be some sort of system. A moderator approval system would require too many staff resources, so maybe the staff could decide to create polls for certain threads. Maybe the top few threads per week, or threads that the staff deems interesting.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What people have GOT to understand is that econonmies dont slump overnight, its a slow spiral of one bad choice after another. What is happening in the U.S. goes way back before G.W. Bush and Obama. What kick started the U.S. downfall was when we let NAFTA pass, and all of the american peoples jobs went to Mexico,Taiwan, China etc. So instead of having a "made in the U.S.A. stamp we are now buying their products and boosting THEIR economic growth, instead of everyone else buying our products. You can go to Detroit a.k.a. Motor City, and 99% of the automobile factories have shutdown and moved over seas. If we were going to throw away money we should be throwing it away to African nations who are starving to death and dying by the thousands every day, give them jobs, help them build nations that can stand on their own. e have no business meddling in the Arab worlds affairs or middle east, if they cant use the sense God gave them then they deserve to die.

Also it doesnt help that we give out money to other countries for free instead of making loans. We give Iraq 90 Billion dollars a YEAR. I know damn well the U.S. didnt do 720 billion dollars in damage since we took down Hussien. We give Israel billions of dollars a year as well when we dont need to, they have nukes and theyre scary people because they will use them and their Jews and Jews have NEVER had a problem making money, they've gotten that skill down thousands of years ago! The U.S. is bleeding money like a soldier thats had his carotid artery severed and the people behind it all isnt our Government but the shadow government behind it. The U.S. is not a Republic, we are a MONARCHY. Rothschild is the King, he owns everything and everyone and the Nobility are the lesser houses. America needs to wake up, but it wont. Were not a nation of Men as our Founding Fathers created, we've become a nation of sheep bleating for its handout of hay.

Read my signature, it says it all right there. God Bless Samuel Adams, John Quincy Adams and Patrick Henry

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It's my understanding that the UK has officially endorsed the laws of the European Union, but is in an opt-out state in so far as adopting the Euro... having not met all five of the financial criteria needed.

The European Union and European financial union are not the same thing. The one is a political entity, the other a monetary treaty administered by the European Central Bank.

Britain is not a part of the Eurozone and never has been, so your inclusion of it within the zone is simply wrong, however many stars your American readers shower upon you.

Acknowledging an obvious and insulting mistake would have been a better and braver response than the one you have offered. I am disappointed in you, Mr. Overlord, and I bet a number of your British members are too.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
the last bar graph is the most interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Turned out exactly the way i thought it would.

All my answers matched up with everyones elses anyways.

Thanks ATS.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

I sure hope you don't live in the U.S. or pretend to be a citizen.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Interesting to see the neutral in the q about Chinese and Russian sabotage. Seems most people think this is mostly on TPTB's head. Otherwise, the results depict the way I voted......

I was neutral about the sabotage question because I don't know enough about it. I know that China are buying almost everything with a price tag but is there any evidence that they are sabotaging our economies? Surely this would interfere with the western plans for a 'New World Order'.

I think our economies have definitely been sabotaged somewhere but I am hesitant to blame China. I blame the financial institutions who were throwing money at people who would never be able to pay it back, I am finally debt free but only just after about 7 years.

Never again will I make the mistake of running up debt for a quick fix. If the majority of us could maintain this simple personal rule, these recessions/depressions would probably never happen again.

The big banks tempt us with loans and credit cards to get us in debt, then when the SHTF, they are still rich and we are broke. We suffer and lose things, important things, like homes, cars, dignity and sometimes lives.

Maybe there is some Chinese sabotage at play but from the evidence I have seen, our own people are sabotaging our economies.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join