It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenspan: US Can Pay Any Debt It Has Because It Can Print Money To Pay It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
After watching this I feel much better about the econ. crisis things are going to be just fine.

anyone watching the derivatives bubble like me. ?

heres a link to some info on it note the date of the article. very interesting .
www.copvcia.com...

FTW - A hearing to dismiss a suit by the Gold Ant-Trust Action Committee (GATA) is scheduled to begin in U.S. District Court on October 9th, 2001. That suit, based upon detailed research, alleges that a conspiracy has existed between the U.S. Treasury, The Federal Reserve, former Treasury Secretaries Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers and major U.S. investment banks to illegally and covertly flood the world with literally twice the amount of gold permitted by a 1999 international treaty. The suit also threatens to publicly expose the artificial manipulation of gold prices going much further back.

edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
problem solved then, why didn't we think of this before.

Oh wait, Germany in 1930's and Zimbabwe in 2008 also had these brilliant ideas.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That kind of thinking is rediculous that is why we are where we are.

+6 more 
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Is he serious? We can always print money to pay debts? Well #, if that's the case I'm gonna start printing money too and pay off my car loan! Those with huge mortgages and student loans, or both, you should do the same!

It should be evident that the US dollar is make believe. They make it up out of thin air!

+23 more 
link   
Then why do they put us in Jail when we try to print our own money to pay off our personal debts?

Hey, if they can do it, why can't everyone, and every country... Greece????

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Lol Greenspan...probably not the thing to say the guy next to him had a look like "for real you really just said that"

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That is a treasonous statement from a psychopathic traitor if I ever heard one. He should be arrested and imprisoned in Gitmo for that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
STOP the replies LMAO .. im crying and laughing at the same time this is insanity.

I dont understand how he could say it I didnt believe it until i found that video.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i didn´t think he would actually say it.

anyone interested in shares?
my new company will be named 'BubbleMoney Inc'

anyone?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

lol the look on that other guys face is priceless when he says that...
i'm seriously giggling right now...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
but on a more serious note.

this is just outrageous.
he just flat out explains what kind of ponzyscheme the financial system really is.

words can't even begin to describe how i feel.

total insanity!

edit on 7-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think he's trolling everyone. That or he's insane...

Insane or not, you know that's what they gonna do in the end... quite a shock that they would admit it like that.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thats something an 8 year old would come up with and everyone would laugh at the reply.

Its stunning how someone like this can be so ignorant.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I hear Israel is having an economic crisis, so maybe Greenspan should go back home and help his tribe out. He's done enough to this country already.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
and the disgusting thing is people think that this money is "real" because they cite the fact that it causes market activity, yet it is being used as a reason of debt, which the governemnt increases and the people pay from losng their social security payments, increases in taxes and austerity.
edit on 7-8-2011 by CENSORED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
And this coming from the guy who ran the Federal Reserve for 20 years! Unbelievable...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find he was just beeing blatantly honest about what he thinks. For once you get to know what they really think.
Maybe because he knows that the cake is about to explode.

On another segment, I saw him say that there is no problem in the US, that the crisis originates from europe, and mostly Italy.

Now I wonder why, following his logic, Italy and and the others can't write off their debts too. Is there some special privilege at play that I'm not aware of ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Shees, the markets tanked Thursday and Friday, and today in the ME, and he has to open his mouth and say that? Not looking forward to tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well crazy or not he is right. The US can always print their way out of debt. Obviously that is not a good idea though.
I was watching the same interview this morning, as painful as it was. The comment that I found most interesting , yet is not mentioned here, is that he feels the stock market has a ways to go till it finds bottom.
I think he is right again.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CENSORED
and the disgusting thing is people think that this money is "real" because they cite the fact that it causes market activity, yet it is being used as a reason of debt, which the governemnt increases and the people pay from losng their social security payments, increases in taxes and austerity.
edit on 7-8-2011 by CENSORED because: (no reason given)

the sad truth right there.

I agree tortoiskweek tomorrow is haunting me aswell.

youre right murfdog I think we have a ways to go to hit bottom but things are compounding much faster right now and we might hit that bottom fast and without warning like in the first great depression. most people did not see it coming.

edit on 8/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join