It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem stock exchange suspended as 6% drop occurs after opening.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
Israel's stock market is open on Sunday????

Isn't it monday AM there?

And then there is this little tidbit of info. It was speculated that if the US credit rating was downgraded, that it would also cause a downgrade of everything related to the US financially. Well here is where it begins.

S&P cut the AAA credit rating of the U.S. to AA+ on Aug. 5, while keeping the outlook at “negative.” S&P on Aug. 2 placed Israel’s AAA rating on U.S.-guaranteed sovereign bonds on “CreditWatch.” The European Central Bank left interest rates unchanged on Aug. 4 as economic growth slows and the region’s debt crisis spreads to Italy and Spain.

Bloomberg

Looks like the domino effect might actually start with the US downgrade. My question is where does it end?
edit on 8/7/2011 by SpaDe_ because: add info

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Israel's free Billions from the US are GUARANTEED....they will receive that free money every year even if Obama shuts down half the US Federal Government and half it's military.

If you want to make money, get in on the Israeli stock market while it's cheap.

It's the only way we could get any of our money back from them. Your investment would be as good as GOLD

link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Well, if things don't "end" then there is money to be made. Invest after the crash, not necessarily in gold, while prices are low. Look for stocks that have a stable swing during solid economic times and buy those cheaply right after the crash. They are more likely than not to rebound in a year or two.

link   
reply to post by confreak

I'm not worried about Israel.....

I'm more interested in the European stock market right now

another time, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well help is on the way! Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. to visit Israel .

Jackson will arrive in Israel today...

Jackson says he's looking forward to learning about Israel's business and commercial sectors

The trip is being arranged and paid for by the American Israel Educational Foundation, a privately funded charity.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You are right if only we had bought gold years ago.

There has to be a ceiling where gold will top out. Sooner or Later large holders will cash in, this will lead to a follow the leader type of sell off. When that occurs it would not be surprising to see gold go down to 1970 exchange rates.

We will never know when the holders of the large amounts of gold will decide the price is high enough, but they are human, so the temptation has to be growing daily.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Just got word in Egypt, Cairo egx 30 down 4.5% Sunday

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack 51

You are right if only we had bought gold years ago.

There has to be a ceiling where gold will top out. Sooner or Later large holders will cash in, this will lead to a follow the leader type of sell off. When that occurs it would not be surprising to see gold go down to 1970 exchange rates.

We will never know when the holders of the large amounts of gold will decide the price is high enough, but they are human, so the temptation has to be growing daily.

I don't know about that one. Why sell something of almost guaranteed value for worthless pieces of paper? I don't see gold dropping in value anytime soon. Unless by some miracle all the worlds economic issues are solved.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I'm not worried about Israel.....

I'm more interested in the European stock market right now

another time, perhaps?

Those nations who are deeply attached to US will be deeply effected, that means the puppet world of the Middle East, Africa and East.

What interests me is China though, watch for China's next move. Notice there is a worry of another downgrade, US might not even hold AA+. China has been thinking about dumping US dollar and choosing another reserve. Only time will tell.

At this moment of time, the action and reaction is obvious to see, the Zionist leader was right, Israel can't survive without US. Its existence relies on US.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Oh boy, here we go.

Everyone strapped in?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well, I'm Australian and I'll be watching our markets closely.

I always keep a close eye on China

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Well, I'm Australian and I'll be watching our markets closely.

I always keep a close eye on China

Yes I think everyone's eyes will be fixed on what the Asian markets do at the open, because it will surely be a barometer of what to expect from other markets.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
USTs are guaranteed to go up - a lot of money pulling out of stocks to jump into bonds ... especially since they are still considered very safe despite the S&P downgrade.

Me thinks a few fortunes will be lost and made on forex tonight as well

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Did anyone see that Israel's Credit Rating got lowered to AA+ from AAA the same day as the U.S.'s did?

Hmm. wonder why?

No I didn't, but I heard China's is AA- so is Japan's.

What's Russia's?

I just read it is BBB, so theirs is BBB and Putin says we are a blight, I am so sick of this.

They are manipulating all this stuff anyway,

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
reply to post by TheOneElectric

When the gold market opens later today it's gonna go through the roof. Damn I wish I had money invested in that 8 years ago. $300/ounce to $1660/ounce in 8 years.. Amazing.

What's the use when you have hyperinflation after selling your gold?

I'd suggest buying food instead.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Did anyone see that Israel's Credit Rating got lowered to AA+ from AAA the same day as the U.S.'s did?

Hmm. wonder why?

No I didn't, but I heard China's is AA- so is Japan's.

What's Russia's?

I just read it is BBB, so theirs is BBB and Putin says we are a blight, I am so sick of this.

They are manipulating all this stuff anyway,

Come on seriously? We are a blight, the dollar is the world currency. Our real Rating should be CCC, the only reason it isn't is the ratings agencies are based in the US and know that any real downgrade to the truth, means immediate worldwide economic collapse.

All the ratings are to high, Japan is in worse shape than us. Bottom line is people should look at the numbers themselves instead of some stupid rating and that can and is corruptible as has been clearly proven to anyone who has paid attention to their history.

Putin and China have every reason in the world to be pissed with us, we are dragging them down. Instead of getting all nationalistic take emotion out of it and realize the US is at fault.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Yes....all of the Middle East

and they all just took a tumble, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc all down between 4.5 and 6%

Israel has suspended for the time being

Sunday in the Middle East is the beginning of their work week unlike ours that is Monday
edit on 7-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, OP. You know there are lots of people watching the world economy right now. It's good to have up to date information available, stuff that isn't covered by the MSM.

As far as my opinion goes, I'll keep that to myself for now.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well,....it's looking like the September attacks on Iran are gaining momentum...aren't most wars started in recent times shortly after financial collapse?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join