It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem stock exchange suspended as 6% drop occurs after opening.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
this is crazy the saudi stocks drop and now this!? its just getting worst and worst

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

The Tel Aviv Stock Exchange operates Sunday - Thursday, so it was one of the first exchanges to open since the US has been downgraded. Not a good start...

The Nikkei in Japan opens in about 2 1/2 hours, then we should see some more fireworks...

edit on 7-8-2011 by Nicodeme because: name wrong

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is no stock exchange in Jerusalem, Israeli stock exchange is in Tel Aviv. As far as i read from official site of exchange, there were trades on Sunday. In the beginning when drop was too fast they stopped it but then allowed it to continue. Stocks still went down,but at slower rate.
Global economy is global. Hope it will not escalate much, but markets have fever for more then decade and patients with fever for 10 years is not a good sign. Especially since Drs give only antipyretics.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
TASE

EEK NASTY!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Gold market about to open. Lets see what happens!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've never followed the gold market but it looks like gold is already up $28, or 1.67%. I'm guessing that's a huge increase for the market being open less than 20 minutes?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What time do stock markets open in Europe?
EDIT: nvm i found them out, they open 8 hours from now.
edit on 7-8-2011 by zionistsareterrorists because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the 100,000+ marching on the streets in Tel Aviv?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
All the ratings are to high, Japan is in worse shape than us.

No, they're not. Japan is the number 2 engineering nation in the world after Germany. These two'll always be fine. A Jap rating downgrade would cause investors to flee the yen. Which would devalue it. Which would be favorable again to Jap exporters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join