It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Obama supporters be so blind?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is a serious question I have for you Obama supporters. When you actually look at the facts thats right in front of you... is there any reason to continue supporting him? Do the research on ANY numbers before and after he took office. GDP is down. Unemployment is up. People collecting unemployment benefits is up. The people on food stamps is at a record high. I don't want to hear "he is fixing the problems Bush left us with". This crutch is getting so old... Obama knew from day one what kind of trouble the economy was in according to Christina Romer(as she resigned). He isn't helping this country at all.

Lets not forget about his healthcare bill which now people in his own administration are claiming is going to cost a huge amount more than expected. Well more than they SAY expected because from the moment it was introduced people said his numbers don't add up. We can't forget his budget bill either which was shot down 97-0. It's apparent he has no clue what he is doing.

Can any of you Obama supporters tell me what he promised before elected that he has kept his word on? He hasn't done a thing for this country except put us even further in debt... as he continues to spend. I just want some sort of reasoning... an explanation that makes sense so I can see where you guys are coming from.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Obama supporters and Liberals are missing something very important, a college Economics credit.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2011 by citizen6511 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
This is a serious question I have for you Obama supporters. When you actually look at the facts thats right in front of you... is there any reason to continue supporting him? Do the research on ANY numbers before and after he took office. GDP is down. Unemployment is up. People collecting unemployment benefits is up. The people on food stamps is at a record high. I don't want to hear "he is fixing the problems Bush left us with". This crutch is getting so old... Obama knew from day one what kind of trouble the economy was in according to Christina Romer(as she resigned). He isn't helping this country at all.

Lets not forget about his healthcare bill which now people in his own administration are claiming is going to cost a huge amount more than expected. Well more than they SAY expected because from the moment it was introduced people said his numbers don't add up. We can't forget his budget bill either which was shot down 97-0. It's apparent he has no clue what he is doing.

Can any of you Obama supporters tell me what he promised before elected that he has kept his word on? He hasn't done a thing for this country except put us even further in debt... as he continues to spend. I just want some sort of reasoning... an explanation that makes sense so I can see where you guys are coming from.

i could write a book about what i don't like about Obama, but i'll probably still vote for him since i see the republicans as being much worse.

any republicans who would become president would probably pick his apointees from congressional recommendations.

that should be enough to scare the voters and reelect Obama.

he is bad, his oponents are extremely much worse, that's the problem.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
He said hope and change, their minds are that simple that they need no research.

P.S. Research = Racist.. in their minds.

Deebo
edit on 5-8-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
whatthe.../

There ya go. While I am disappointed in Obama, as a Republican I am MUCH more disappointed in the GOP, who are willing to cause hardship on Americans JUST so that Obama won't look good. I won't call this current crop of GOP, Republicans... They're Republican'ts.

And not wanting to hear about the Bush years is the reason why you won't understand why people support Obama. If you want to ignore the primary reason why we're in this mess, then do so, but please, don't feign a lack of understanding because of that. The GOP can NOT afford to make him look good and will do whatever it takes to prevent him from getting any credit. All the while distracting people by saying that he's done NOTHING for the country. If you're going to argue against him, then try not to lie. He's done a lot, but he hasn't done enough in my opinion and frankly, I wish he'd stop trying to make peace with the GOP because they're not going to give on anything that makes him re-electable. I'm disgusted in my party and the Democrats should be as well. They need to grow some stones and stop capitulating.

Can you honestly say that we'd be in the same position if not for the previous administration? Now it's my turn to feign a lack of understanding.

If you want to understand why people support Obama then don't include caveats that they can't possibly adhere to. Ask a question and listen to the answers with an open mind and maybe you'll understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I know you're tired of hearing us blame Bush for the fall in our GDP and rising unemployment rates but if I'm not mistaken, when Obama took office we were losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 per month and the greed & corruption that permeated Wall St., (due to deregulation) was on course to implode causing the worst economic downturn in this nation's history since the great depression.

When someone drives your car off a cliff, it doesn't stop falling until it hits the canyon floor.

You can blame the republican's newfound "filibuster everything" strategy in the Senate for most of what you're complaining about here. It's now impossible to get anything done in the Senate without a 60 vote majority, which by the way, is next to impossible to get.

Furthermore, it was the republican party that refused to allow for "Single Payer" and/or "Public Option" representatives to have a seat at the negotiating table during the process that created the health care reform bill. Had either one of these "not-for-profit" options been made available, I think you would find that the actual cost would be considerably less. It was the republican's insistence on utilizing "for profit" private insurers that has driven the projected cost up.

Now, as for his accomplishments, well they're too numerous for me to list here so I'll just provide the links;

www.jackandjillpolitics.com...

Don't get me wrong, I too am disappointed in the President's performance but not for the same reasons that you are. Primarily, I'm pissed that he hasn't been more defiant with regards to the wishes of the republican party. He needs to learn to stand his ground and quit giving in to republican demands. Instead of telling them that they need to "eat their peas," he should have told them to go suck on a pickle!

Anyway, don't say that you didn't ask.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

i could write a book about what i don't like about Obama, but i'll probably still vote for him since i see the republicans as being much worse.

any republicans who would become president would probably pick his apointees from congressional recommendations.

You're going to vote for Obamination the dictator instead of Ron Paul? I find your reasoning unfathomable.

Both republicans and democrats are on the SAME side. They take it in turns to play good cop bad cop. They pursue the same exact agenda, just packaged in a different set of lies.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Can you explain the dictator label to me?

I must be dense.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by citizen6511

You're going to vote for Obamination the dictator instead of Ron Paul? I find your reasoning unfathomable.

Both republicans and democrats are on the SAME side. They take it in turns to play good cop bad cop. They pursue the same exact agenda, just packaged in a different set of lies.

i will probably vote for ron paul in the primary, but where would he find enough republicans to form an honest government.

looking at the congress, it's hard to beleive that there are enough honest republicans in the usa to form a worthwhile government.

i have always split my vote in the past, but this congress is bad beyond words.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah ive had a few beers, am english too

But if the USA farts we smell it, if the USA sneezes we catch a cold.

Our economies and history are soo interwoven that sometimes it is hard to see where one ends and the other begins!

Practically if you are screwed then we are too.

A shared fate.

But I did not vote for obama so I blame you idiots for being sucked in by someone who shouted slogans, got the Nobel peace prize for nothing and doomed your grandkids and mine to indebted servitude.

Cheers for that!

We die in your made up battles for you and now we get to be homeless too!

Obama, and any other "presidents" you vote in are corporate shills.

Wake up!
Save the world like the hollywood movies you get rich off!

You get to use them guns you slag us off for not having

And you get to enforce the Constitution of the USA to rid the world of enemies domestic..

The world does not hold its breath x
edit on 5-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

HAHAHA. You links crack me up. 244 accomplishment? Really? I got to the second bullet point
• Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible (2009)

Wow after the second one I knew this was going to be a hilarious read. Lets see of the funniest ones...

• In November 2009, Obama extended unemployment benefits for one million workers
Wow really? So it's GOOD for people to be off with an average rate of 44 weeks?

• Ended the Bush-era practice of having White House staff rewrite the findings of scientific and environmental regulations and reports when they disagreed with the results (2009)
Can this be proven? This sounds more of opionion based if you ask me...

• Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify wasteful spending and practices (2009)
This might be the funniest one of them all! This administration is killing our country with its spending... and they can't this as a positive thing he's done... my sides hurt!!! Sorry I can't get through the rest of this garbage. Most of the things on this list you gave me crack me up. Helped the auto industry? haha... yeah guess how they're paying us back... firing everyone. Obama is death to our economy.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

If the primary reason we're in this mess is because of Bush... why has Obama and his administration been claiming for a year that we're in a recovery. We've been "recovering" for a year now... so is the current stock market crash STILL becaused of Bush? So we've been getting better but then it's all of the sudden Bushs fault yet again? That cracks me up...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Please tell me you are joking?

I, like the other poster, could write a book about the things I do not like about our president.

Obamas’ accomplishments that I like so far.

Killed OBL

Had Pirates drilled in the head (hear much out of them lately?).

Scaled/scaling down the “stupid” war in Iraq.

Escalated the right war (Afghanistan).

Working with Pakistan to take the fight to the Taliban.

I like his liberal use of drones keeping our servicemen and women safer.

Working in a bipartisan way with the wing nuts in Congress (to a fault).

Did NOT have a shuttle disaster (Same as Clinton).

Got Health Care Reform brought up for a vote and got it passed.

Has kept me and my family safe from foreign terrorist attacks on our homeland.

Did not come for my guns.

Did not come for my money/wealth.

Did not raise my taxes.

Slowly but surely repealing don’t ask don’t tell. And that in turn is keeping the GLBT community rather silent.

Presided/presiding over the democratizing of the Middle East with deftness.

I could go. The above are all things that candidate Obama said he would and would not do. As well as a few of the things that I feel stand out, as far as his accomplishments go.

I have to laugh, college economics credit eh? Oh if only we could go back to the glory days of supply side economics. Give it rest already. Chief Wampum gave some economics lessons to a few of my family members a while back, lol.

I like a lot of others like Ron Paul. (even if he prefers chocolate chip cookies over peanut butter). RP is far more liberal than Obama on a great many issues.

I wonder if the OP noticed that he listed an accomplishment in his own diatribe?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
Please tell me you are joking?

I, like the other poster, could write a book about the things I do not like about our president.

Obamas’ accomplishments that I like so far.

Killed OBL

Had Pirates drilled in the head (hear much out of them lately?).

Scaled/scaling down the “stupid” war in Iraq.

Escalated the right war (Afghanistan).

Working with Pakistan to take the fight to the Taliban.

I like his liberal use of drones keeping our servicemen and women safer.

Working in a bipartisan way with the wing nuts in Congress (to a fault).

Did NOT have a shuttle disaster (Same as Clinton).

Got Health Care Reform brought up for a vote and got it passed.

Has kept me and my family safe from foreign terrorist attacks on our homeland.

Did not come for my guns.

Did not come for my money/wealth.

Did not raise my taxes.

Slowly but surely repealing don’t ask don’t tell. And that in turn is keeping the GLBT community rather silent.

Presided/presiding over the democratizing of the Middle East with deftness.

I could go. The above are all things that candidate Obama said he would and would not do. As well as a few of the things that I feel stand out, as far as his accomplishments go.

I have to laugh, college economics credit eh? Oh if only we could go back to the glory days of supply side economics. Give it rest already. Chief Wampum gave some economics lessons to a few of my family members a while back, lol.

I like a lot of others like Ron Paul. (even if he prefers chocolate chip cookies over peanut butter). RP is far more liberal than Obama on a great many issues.

I wonder if the OP noticed that he listed an accomplishment in his own diatribe?

So he scaled down the war in Iraq... even tho his campaign over and over while running is they would be home by this time... His healthcare reform is a JOKE and keeps getting ruled unconstitutional in court. OBL was a good victory... but how did we find him? Using BUSHS tactics... better yet where did we find him? He doesn't care at all about Israel which is supposed to be our friend. He doesn't work bipartisan at all. In fact... he barely works! His healthcare reform which you love so much WASNT EVEN HIS IDEA! And he hasn't come for you money YET.... this new debt ceiling deal which was just outrageous isn't going to work. Both parties are ALREADY saying they have to raise taxes. I mean come on... it was a 2.4 trillion dollar raise when income taxes don't bring that much in per year.... We have to raise taxes to make up for half the country that pays NO income tax. Or should I say... Obamas key demographic/voters.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So the S&P downgrades our credit rating and specifically blames the intransigence of the republicans.

Who is screwing up the economy ??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the fact that they voted for him in the first place should answer that,..
the guy was a Lawyer was he not?
Nah,, they dont lie or con
edit on 5-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: duh

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

Can you honestly say that we'd be in the same position if not for the previous administration? Now it's my turn to feign a lack of understanding.

Clinton not Bush was in office in 1995 till 2000. negative exports equal loss of jobs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e419473c7f7b.png[/atsimg]

Bush started the "free trade agreements" but instead of killing them Clinton made sure they got through Congress!!!!!

...In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing into law to incoming president Bill Clinton.

Prior to sending it to the United States Senate, Clinton introduced clauses to protect American workers and allay the concerns of many House members.

It also required U.S. partners to adhere to environmental practices and regulations similar to its own. The ability to enforce these clauses, especially with Mexico, and with much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives approved NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by a vote of 234 to 200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. NAFTA passed the Senate 61-38. Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; it went into effect on January 1, 1994.[1][2] Clinton while signing the NAFTA bill stated: "...NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement." en.wikipedia.org...

the Clinton administration also participated in the final round of trade negotiations sponsored by the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), an international trade organization.... In a rare move, Clinton convened Congress to ratify the trade agreement in the winter of 1994, during which the treaty was approved. ... a new international trade body, the World Trade Organization (WTO), replaced GATT in 1995. The new WTO had stronger authority to enforce trade agreements and covered a wider range of trade than did GATT.

Clinton faced his first defeat on trade legislation during his second term. In November 1997, the Republican-controlled Congress delayed voting on a bill to restore a presidential trade authority that had expired in 1994. The bill would have given the president the authority to negotiate trade agreements which the Congress was not authorized to modify–known as "fast-track negotiating" because it streamlines the treaty process. Clinton was unable to generate sufficient support for the legislation, even among the Democratic Party.

Clinton faced yet another trade setback in December 1999, when the WTO met in Seattle for a new round of trade negotiations. Clinton hoped that new agreements on issues such as agriculture and intellectual property could be proposed at the meeting, but the talks fell through. Anti-WTO protesters in the streets of Seattle disrupted the meetings[69] and the international delegates attending the meetings were unable to compromise mainly because delegates from smaller, poorer countries resisted Clinton's efforts to discuss labor and environmental standards.[70]

That same year, Clinton signed a landmark trade agreement with the People's Republic of China. The agreement–the result of more than a decade of negotiations–would lower many trade barriers between the two countries, making it easier to export U.S. products such as automobiles, banking services, and motion pictures. However, the agreement could only take effect if China was accepted into the WTO and was granted permanent "normal trade relations" status by the U.S. Congress. Under the pact, the United States would support China's membership in the WTO..... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Yes... It's all the republicans fault. Nevermind they have had control for LESS than a year. Let me guess... you want to blame the tea party? The party with NO majority that keeps "holding America hostage" lol.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thats to much work... All the facts in the world will not change this amount of ignorance. It's all Bushs fault and the tea party. They hate America.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join