It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul further alienates himself by siding with Michael Savage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It seems Ron Paul will take friends wherever he can find them. He is now finding a home among the more controversial media and I'm not sure this will do his campaign any good.

www.dailypaul.com...

edit on 5-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
get a life, Ron Paul's freedom is way better than your version.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
get a life, Ron Paul's freedom is way better than your version.
Yes, unlike Dr. Paul's version, his "freedom" is enforced at the end of a barrel supported by clowns with badges

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
It seems Ron Paul will take friends wherever he can find them. He is now finding a home among the more controversial media and I'm not sure this will do his campaign any good.

www.dailypaul.com...

Hes been a regular on the alex jones show for years... so your point is moot

RP is the man, one of the few good politicians we've had in my lifetime, and stands up for what he thinks is right, which is our freedom to have liberty.

What representative do you like?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A presidential republican candidate taking on an interview with the 3rd most popular radio host in USSA - How is this weird?

Savage is extremely right wing. The guy eats Bald Eagle for breakfast. And who listens to his show? Registered Republican Voters.

How is this alienation?

This isn't one of your finer statements.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32It seems Ron Paul will take friends wherever he can find them.

He has many here on ATS and around the globe. You say this as if he's some loner or something.

CNN has taught you well.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

www.dailypaul.com...

No, he takes exposure wherever he can find it. I'd do the same thing in his shoes. Michael Moore was on Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly's show but I got over that. I'll get over this, too.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I like Mike Savage real name, Michael Alan Weiner, because he is one. Do not know this guy at all but can someone confirm Wiki on this one?

Savage introduced himself to certain writers in the North Beach area of San Francisco in the early 1960s.[22] He befriended and traveled with Beat poets Allen Ginsberg and Lawrence Ferlinghetti. Stephen Schwartz, also an acquaintance of Savage from this time, reported Savage possessed a photograph of himself and Ginsberg swimming naked in Hawaii and used the photograph as sort of a "calling card."[1][22] Savage maintained a correspondence with Ginsberg consisting of ten letters and a trio of postcards across four years, which is maintained with Ginsberg's papers at Stanford University.[1][25] One letter asked for Ginsberg and Ferlinghetti to come do a poetry reading, so others could "hear and see and know why I adore your public image."[12] One postcard mentions his desire to photograph Ginsberg in a provocative way, though Savage states that this correspondence is actually a forgery created by homosexual detractors.[1] Another acquaintance was poet and author Neeli Cherkovski, who says Savage dreamed of becoming a stand-up comic in the mold of Lenny Bruce.[1] On his radio show, Savage confirmed this desire but compared this with his desire, as a child, to become a cowboy.[citation needed]
Around 1980, an acquaintance, Robert Cathcart, says in his private conversations with Savage he knew him to have conservative political views.[22] Schwartz stated Savage became alienated from the North Beach scene in the early 1980s. Savage had intense arguments with his liberal friends.[22] When asked about his shift in politics and other views, Savage replied, "I was once a child; I am now a man."[12] Savage has cited many occurrences in his life that helped shape his conservative views. Savage states that his opinions on welfare were partly shaped by his first job out of college as a social worker.[26] He described one incident in which his supervisor had him deliver a check to a welfare client to furnish their apartment, while his own apartment was furnished with cardboard boxes.[27] Another turning point occurred for him as a writer of health and nutrition books in the 1980s, when he experienced what he saw as "political opposition" after making the suggestion that the closure of homosexual bathhouses might be necessary in response to the emerging AIDS epidemic.[28] In 1994 his final health and nutrition manuscript, Immigrants and Epidemics, was rejected by publishers for being inflammatory.[29] In 1996, Savage applied to become the Dean of the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California, Berkeley. The University instead selected award-winning journalist and China scholar Orville Schell. Savage sued the University, contending he was discriminated against because he was a conservative.[22] Savage later dropped the lawsuit.[30]

en.wikipedia.org...(commentator)

Ron Paul though I see as the best candidate in the current 2012 field of parasitic sexual depraved cowards and narcissistic lying dirt bags vieing for President. Just wish his own party would vote for him so we could elect him. He is not electable if not supported by the Reps, the Conservs love him, if only the money side of his party would get on board but that is the rub, he wants to end that money......but that is only one Democrat's opinion.....

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What's wrong with putting yourself out there and getting more exposure? I applaud that the doctor's taking up every opportunity he can for media attention because he needs it. This is very crucial to his bid for the presidency.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolhanddan
Ron Paul though I see as the best candidate in the current 2012 field of parasitic sexual depraved cowards and narcissistic lying dirt bags vieing for President. Just wish his own party would vote for him so we could elect him. He is not electable if not supported by the Reps, the Conservs love him, if only the money side of his party would get on board but that is the rub, he wants to end that money......but that is only one Democrat's opinion.....

He doesn't want to end money, he wants to end the fiat currency that has allowed the enslavement of America. He wants a return to sound money one thats not inflated and deflated at the whim of the Federal Reserve

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

That is one of the main reasons I have refused to support him for years.

Paul is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running a mainstream campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Alex Jones.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by EmVeeFF

That is one of the main reasons I have refused to support him for years.

Paul is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running a mainstream campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Alex Jones.

I refuse to support Rick Perry because he associates himself with the mainstream media.

Perry is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running an alternative campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Sean Hannity.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Originally posted by coolhanddan

He doesn't want to end money, he wants to end the fiat currency that has allowed the enslavement of America. He wants a return to sound money one thats not inflated and deflated at the whim of the Federal Reserve

So please do tell, how would using another material for the token change the nature of the token?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
(Duplicate post removed. That bug gets us all now and then.) -- Majic

edit on 8/6/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

You can't print gold

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ah, HA, Kro32! Once again, I have caught you red-handed bashing my man, Ron Paul!

What did I tell you about that?!

No star or flag for you, Mister.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

LOL! I don't like Perry either.

But, if someone's intention is to actually attain the position and start fixing things, then they have to do certain things to get there. Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job. To me, he has always seemed like he just wants to straddle the line and make noise, but never quite commit.

This election period has been significantly different so far, and I have decided to support him, but I will be sorely disappointed if he self-destructs again.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
aweful brave taking on ron paul supporters

time and time again

they chew peeople up

and spit them back out.

they know their stuff.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join