It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ron Paul further alienates himself by siding with Michael Savage

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap
 

I listen to Michael Savage. I'm a registered Democrat. But that's because I registered when I was 18, haha! I think Savage is great. The only rightwing radio guy with whom I often agree. Jerry Doyle is good too, but when he gets mad he sounds venomous. Hope I don't get attacked for this post!




posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan
 

I first heard savage when he was a fill in at KGO in San Francisco. The more I listened to him the more oxymoronic he sounded to me. His positions on issues seemed to me to conflict with one another. As he slowly gravitated to the more extreme conservative positions I believed it to be because he had he found it to be better for his career to be an opposition voice in a traditional limited liberal time slot. It was this persona which was hired for a full time position on a competing station.

Years later when I first heard him on national radio I didn't think it was the same guy. His voice, which when I had listened to him had been a normal speaking voice had changed to the affected accent he uses today. That angry macho voice. I listened once or twice but found his whole schtick to be to contrived.

The argument that RP needs all the exposure he can get only diminishes RP's honesty in my eyes. My understanding of Savage is that he plays, yes plays as in performs, to the lowest common denominator and RP's willingness to receive help from this bloveator is disappointing.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mnemeth1
 


LOL! I don't like Perry either.

But, if someone's intention is to actually attain the position and start fixing things, then they have to do certain things to get there. Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job. To me, he has always seemed like he just wants to straddle the line and make noise, but never quite commit.

This election period has been significantly different so far, and I have decided to support him, but I will be sorely disappointed if he self-destructs again.



I know you don't like Perry. I'm simply being sarcastic to make a point.

It would be as ridiculous for Ron Paul not to go on Alex Jones as it would be for Perry not to go on Hannity.

The vast majority of Alex Jones' listener base supports Ron Paul. For Paul to ignore them would be the same as Perry ignoring all of his supporters who listen to Sean Hannity.

Personally I think Hannity is far more of a nut than Jones is.
edit on 5-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Interesting observation.

Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job. To me, he has always seemed like he just wants to straddle the line and make noise, but never quite commit.

Having voted for Paul in presidential campaigns twice, I have had the thought you posted above niggling in the back of my mind but have been ignoring it. With this thought in mind, catering to Savage fans almost seems to be like shooting himself in the foot. But what do I know?



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

So please do tell, how would using another material for the token change the nature of the token?

The dollar has no value other then the cost to print the "art" 9 cents. Whereas things like, gold, silver, copper all have value outside of the "shininess of it", its very useful in electronics for one. the dollars value outside of the 9 cent piece of artwork is to start a fire in the hearth



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by EmVeeFF
 



Hes been a regular on the alex jones show for years... so your point is moot


That is one of the main reasons I have refused to support him for years.


Paul is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running a mainstream campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Alex Jones.


Thank you. This was exactly the point I was trying to allude to.

I would like Ron Paul to actually be a top contender as it would bring a certain legitimacy to the the debates.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 



Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job.

That is because Ron Paul doesn't want to win.

This is what his supporters don't want to realize. Everyone focuses on Ron Paul, but Ron Paul is not important his ideas are. Communism isn't a cult of personality based around Marx, but an ideological movement based around his ideas.


edit on 5-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by EmVeeFF
 



Hes been a regular on the alex jones show for years... so your point is moot


That is one of the main reasons I have refused to support him for years.


Paul is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running a mainstream campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Alex Jones.


Thank you. This was exactly the point I was trying to allude to.

I would like Ron Paul to actually be a top contender as it would bring a certain legitimacy to the the debates.


What is this, elementary school? Do you not give intelligent people credit simply because they associate with people who's views do not align with your own?

Ignorance, maybe?



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by getreadyalready
 



Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job.

That is because Ron Paul doesn't want to win.

This is what his supporters don't want to realize. Everyone focuses on Ron Paul, but Ron Paul is not important his ideas are. Communism isn't a cult of personality based around Marx, but an ideological movement based around his ideas.


edit on 5-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)


We used to have poster boys for that, what did we call them again...

Oh,

the founding fathers.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
How can you alienate yourself any further than by being honest and consistent?
It's not possible.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I havent been watching all that long.what i see is that every time ron paul takes a step the msm jerks the rug out from under his feet.
It also seems to me that the msm are setting perry up to be the man.When he said that texas would succeed from the union,they made sure everyone heard him.Then when he went thru with the execution of an immigrant on death row after 15yrs or so,they made sure everyone heard.now it seems like they want us to hear about some church function he is attending.Im thinking its all being framed and he will wait a while longer then go all in.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by mnemeth1
 


LOL! I don't like Perry either.

But, if someone's intention is to actually attain the position and start fixing things, then they have to do certain things to get there. Ron Paul has never seemed like he really wanted to win the job. To me, he has always seemed like he just wants to straddle the line and make noise, but never quite commit.

This election period has been significantly different so far, and I have decided to support him, but I will be sorely disappointed if he self-destructs again.




posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think this video shows why DR. Paul needs to get his message out to everyone even Dr.Savage.I plead with with all the zombies to wake up before the apocalypse.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't think Ron Paul wants to be a serious contender. Gov pretty hair Perry has a plan to win favor of the evangelicals as evidenced by his prayer meeting in Houston. And whether you believe it or not; the conservative Christians are a force in American politics and Dr. Paul will need them if he is serious. Without them he won't win a nomination even by the TPM.


However I would like to see RP run as a third party candidate just to give the GOP and their corporate masters a lesson but I can't take RP seriously until he puts together a team and starts a viable campaign.

This next election cycle should be very entertaining. I hope exgov. Palin can find a niche in there as she is alway a Hot property and good for a wtf moment. But whoever is elected the ptb will set them right with the program and nothing will change. If elections really made a difference, they would be illegal.
edit on 5-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
and how is this alienating himself?



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
O My God. A few minutes ago I tuned in to see what M.S. was having to say this particular evening, and right out of the starting gate, he is tearing into people who find themselves in need of assistance, and railing that their right to vote should be revoked because they are down on their luck. Nazi Nazi Nazi Nazi, you abhorrent BEAST. You will answer to God one day for this vile evil, then he will say to you, "Depart from me (into that everlasting place of darkness reserved for the Devil and his angels and the False Prophet) for I never knew ye.

(And this is the broadcaster Ron Paul is cozying up to? He should burn in Hades with him. And lets not forget, Ron Paul defended animal crush videos as free speech........FREAKIN PSYCHOPATH CREEP. Lest We Forget...) (Anyone tries to crush one of my 'babies', Ill rip his (or her) head off, and string it through their diseased urethra..)

edit on 5-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m
 

That is some kind of hate speech you got going on there.
Sounds like a preacher. A good old right winger.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
O My God. A few minutes ago I tuned in to see what M.S. was having to say this particular evening, and right out of the starting gate, he is tearing into people who find themselves in need of assistance, and railing that their right to vote should be revoked because they are down on their luck. Nazi Nazi Nazi Nazi, you abhorrent BEAST. You will answer to God one day for this vile evil, then he will say to you, "Depart from me (into that everlasting place of darkness reserved for the Devil and his angels and the False Prophet) for I never knew ye.

(And this is the broadcaster Ron Paul is cozying up to? He should burn in Hades with him. And lets not forget, Ron Paul defended animal crush videos as free speech........FREAKIN PSYCHOPATH CREEP. Lest We Forget...) (Anyone tries to crush one of my 'babies', Ill rip his (or her) head off, and string it through their diseased urethra..)

edit on 5-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit

Just because something is considered free speech at the federal level, local laws can punish for content if there is a law covering it. Such as cruelty to animals. More often then not, people are unable to separate ones personal beliefs from ones political beliefs. For example, his personal view of marriage is man/woman however his political beliefs as it comes to the federal government is its no ones business who marries who, and if it "must" be somehow decided then it should be left to the states.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m
 


Nice try. I've heard Savage's rant on this before and he's speaking of you people who make a career out of living off the $12,000 a year taken out of MY money that I worked for. Take out a loan or two and get a real education and then pay it back like I did and quit your freakin whining.



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by EmVeeFF
 



Hes been a regular on the alex jones show for years... so your point is moot


That is one of the main reasons I have refused to support him for years.


Paul is a genius, but until he starts taking himself seriously, and running a mainstream campaign, he is doomed. Nobody is going to waste their vote on him, if he is sabotaging his own campaign with idiots like Alex Jones.


Thank you. This was exactly the point I was trying to allude to.

I would like Ron Paul to actually be a top contender as it would bring a certain legitimacy to the the debates.


Am I the only one that saw this? I believe I may have to put that in my sig. How about this for a campaign slogan:

"Vote with kro! Say no to O!
He gives his all to Dr. Paul!"

I knew you were really a closet Paul supporter, kro. Welcome to the Revolution!

/TOA



posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire
 


Thanks for your post with your opinion on Michael Savage. I'll keep this in mind when I listen.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join