It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive European Network of Stone Age Tunnels that Weaves from Scotland to Turkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EGH123

I remember reading about giant aliens or fallen angels if u like if that were plausible
would under ground be the best place to hide,i think it would.Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by olliemc84

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think they built things of this magnitude just for the heck of it back then. They must have been necessary. To run from what; to hide from what? Was it tactic to fight the Scotts? This is an awesome find.

edit on 5-8-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

I remember reading about giant aliens or fallen angels if u like if that were plausible
would under ground be the best place to hide,i think it would.Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I recall reading of some controversial evidence of possible nuclear war from 11,000 years ago in India. Apparently they dug down into some place and discovered a large amount of radiation. If that is true, then perhaps our history is much longer than we currently know and accept.

It would make sense to build this huge network of tunnels if there was a nuclear war and fallout was killing people.

I wonder what else they found down in these tunnels that they haven't told the public.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Ya.... I think they might have covered that last season on Ancient Aliens. Definitely a possibility.

"perhaps our history is much longer than we currently know and accept."
-Thats always been my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Mahabharatha is the epic that contains many stories, as well as references to ancient nucealr warfare in India.

The city itself is Rajasthan.
Source

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

I am curious.. Does anyone know what the radiation levels are on Mars? Are they uniform across the Martian surface?

As far as the tunnels go in this thread, maybe they are ancient fall out shelters? I agree with the post above me, that our history may be a whole lot longer than what we think.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

consider the age they lived what kind of animals were roaming the continent if these tunnels are dated to a specific time weren't there mega animals alive perhaps they used these tunnels as a means of survival..........eg not getting eaten by giant, bears or sabre toothed tigers or killed by giant moose and buffalo?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Fantastic find! Absolutely not the work of men, especially cave men, especially 12,000 years ago. Look at the diminutive size of the cave pathways and the extensiveness of the caves- this would have taken much more advanced technology to create than what men had in those days.

Definitely extraterrestial.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by missanthropic
Fantastic find! Absolutely not the work of men, especially cave men, especially 12,000 years ago. Look at the diminutive size of the cave pathways and the extensiveness of the caves- this would have taken much more advanced technology to create than what men had in those days.

Definitely extraterrestial.

Rubbish

Stone age men could have easy done that LOL, and if thats a job done by ET its a very very poor attempt

Its certainly a very interesting find for the simple fact its all over, a massive net work so to speak, so this say that they was communicating with each other or had the same idea which i doubt, i also doubt it was for just storage its far to large to be that alone

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toddicus
I guess why the need for tunnels? Were they hiding from something or just used them for storage.
THe social brain was the key of survival under the Heinrich event 40 000 years ago. You know, when the Neandertals went extinct.

We know so far that they trade between eachother, in Russia they found a neckless they could track back to turkey. Soo maybe that was them. The winters was hell back then.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
no bathroom, no humans.

you can't tell me people were down there for more than a day and didn't poop.

why go back up to do that?

besides, hauling it back out doesn't make sense.

edit on 5-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EGH123

I think you're refering to the Nephilm. (good spelling...dunno) Well yeah, I'd be underground as well.I see big giant aliens/fallen angels, you best believe digging like a mad man will ensue

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Maybe they existed - when early man-apes had to escape from the choking environments of the asteroid ruined atmosphere of the world?

For some reason I always suspect that we have spent a long time on this planet, and we spent a lot of that time beneath the earth.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The people living back then weren't stupid, just differently skilled. They paid attention to different things than we do, such as the night sky.

My theory is that there is a patch of space more thickly populated with every size rock that we pass through every 10-15,000 years or so. If the entrance to the dense patch is gradual, you would notice and pay close attention to what was happening. If it continued over a span of a decade or two, there would be time enough to both dig the tunnels and calculate the orbital period...the Maya had the day length of Venus centuries before the West figured it out in the 1930's, so it's possible.

It would also explain the Mayan calendar: no one really knows where it originated. If my surmise is correct and they knew the fireballs would be back in that long a time, a calendar is about the only warning that might survive the millenia somewhat intact. Even if the meaning was lost, at least someone might literally take it as a "heads-up!" and notice.

Here's a bit of support for my theory:

Welcome to the shooting gallery: fireball incidence 2005:1.28/day 2011:4.94/day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today's count and average:

774 fireballs reported over the US alone, average 3.57 a day, 129 per month, compared to 466, 1.28, and 39, respectively, in 2005. So far as I can tell by my research, the 2005 number was steady for the past century or so, but began slowly rising since. Last year's total was 946, 2.6, and 79.

The slope is rising in an alarming manner. I think the increase in fireballs is what is driving the crazy weather.

GoogleEarth Carolina Bays and look at them and imagine that rather than landing all at once it slowly built up into a fiery climax like a 4th of July show.

Edit to add:

Little to medium size rocks wouldn't get tracked by the asteroid watchers.
edit on 5-8-2011 by apacheman because: add thought

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think this is natural but hey,i could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Tunnels that show use but no black marks from fire torches? 12,000 years old? This is the pyramids all over again.

So they either had lanterns (showing significant construction know how) or some 'ancient' tech.

Another mystery for the pile of 'his story' and suppressed knowledge. Yay!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I trust nothing historical that comes from Germany. There are reports that the Nazis dug those trying to pretend they have a master race with a History.

There is no hollow earth. There is no special white race. There are no Pladians. There are no alien UFO's. That's all Nazi technology and the only conspiracy and secret is that it exists today and it's theirs.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Theoretically, a tunnel underneath the English Channel could be true, because I saw a program on tv not that long ago that suggested that the English Channel only came into being about 4,000 years ago after some type of event, tsunami, earthquake etc. Before that England and Europe were still connected.

Sea levels have risen significantly over time and this has been proven here in England recently by scientists doing radar scanning off of Scotland where to their surprise they found submereged mountains and valleys.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieBravely
I recall reading of some controversial evidence of possible nuclear war from 11,000 years ago in India. Apparently they dug down into some place and discovered a large amount of radiation. If that is true, then perhaps our history is much longer than we currently know and accept.

It would make sense to build this huge network of tunnels if there was a nuclear war and fallout was killing people.

Hmm in addition to the Mahabarata mentioned above, it just so happens that there are some "vitrified forts" (very old forts with walls somehow melted into glass) in Scotland in particular.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
One reason to want a network of tunnels for long distance travel would be bandits and/or the 'local strong man' problem. Safe travel through somebody's territory was and still is a racket in dangerous places...which is to say that often the biggest danger would have been not paying off the people who offered to protect you for exorbitant fees.

I would guess that an actual large network would be something like a 'royal' secret. It'd be a 'chief's only' thing. They'd want to keep it in the family.

You could send messengers to relatively far away places and even if somebody was organized enough to be watching the roads they wouldn't have any idea. You could arrange for some extra backup to crush an upstart, and they'd show up 'out of nowhere.'

You could pull all sorts of tricks like that. You could also escape and run off to the safety of your cousin's people if you actually did get kicked out of power by your own people. They couldn't even follow you if someone saw you go in unless they were prepared.

Originally posted by Bramstone
Theoretically, a tunnel underneath the English Channel could be true, because I saw a program on tv not that long ago that suggested that the English Channel only came into being about 4,000 years ago after some type of event, tsunami, earthquake etc. Before that England and Europe were still connected.

Sea levels have risen significantly over time and this has been proven here in England recently by scientists doing radar scanning off of Scotland where to their surprise they found submereged mountains and valleys.

Yeah a large area that is being called "doggerland" now was above sea level. Ireland wasn't an Island completely until ~12,000 or 10,000 BCE, and Britain wasn't until ~5000 BCE. During those years there were a series of devastating tsunamis from landslides in modern Norway. Loose boulders and smaller rocks and loose land in general and such from retreating glaciers would pile up and sometimes fall into the North Sea en masse. Sea level was rising as the glaciers melted and drained into the oceans.

An ancient channel tunnel would probably have been built after it was all underwater. It would have had to be fairly deep to avoid water coming in. But then again I guess these people were pretty knowledgeable about stone and digging so they'd be going through solid rock anyway if they were going to do this.

The overall distances involved aren't so crazy, at least. It most wouldn't be one person's hobby though, it'd have to be a project that some leadership could deploy some significant labor resources to, and then be prepared to see it through, however long it took.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I trust nothing historical that comes from Germany. There are reports that the Nazis dug those trying to pretend they have a master race with a History.

There is no hollow earth. There is no special white race. There are no Pladians. There are no alien UFO's. That's all Nazi technology and the only conspiracy and secret is that it exists today and it's theirs.

Thats pretty ignorant. The nazis might have been weirdo'snwith some sick ideas. But saying everything historical comming out of Germany is a lie, is just a racial remark (like saying jews got a big nose or that yellow pepople only eat rice).
How do you know these dosent exist? , wheres your proffs?
I have to say i agree its most unlikely we discover hollow earth, Pladians or hitlers Arya-race, but thats not the same as saying they do not exist. Just because you cant see it dosent prove it aint there, technology proved that over and over again.
Theres no Alien UFO's only Nazitechnology ???? And how would you know that earth is the only place in our place in the universe where spacetechnolegy is invented? I would say its very unlikely Earth is the only place or the most advanced race in the universe....as i said ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join