It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any effective cure for baldness?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

You may have already seen this . Not sure.
Check this out.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A hat.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am 21 and started losing my hair in the eighth grade. I started using rogaine extra strength twice daily as well as Propecia. That worked until a few years ago and it started falling out again.

Doctor put me on Avodart and gave me Ketoconazole shampoo (an antifungal shampoo that has been shown to supress DHT in the scalp) and it all grew back. You can't tell I was ever thinning.

I use Ketoconazole shampoo nightly, avodart every day, and a double dose of Rogaine extra strength twice daily. I have a full head of hair, and you used to be able to see my scalp.

If you put your faith in alternative medicine without also putting your faith in pharmaceutical medicine, you will not regrow your hair. Sorry.
edit on 4-8-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold

Originally posted by Bachrk

Originally posted by Bachrk

reply to post by Bachrk

Thank you for links. Do you know about anyone who regrew their hair with dermaroller? I read about it long ago, but I find it to be kinda invasive.

Its worked for 2 of my uncles.

Cool
, on what NW scale were they? Have they regrown their hair back fully? Were they using rogaine as well? What about supplements?

I know they used the dermaroller twice a week all over their whole head before bed and applied Saw Palmetto extract on the scalp only to block further hair loss.. They also used the Nioxin scalp therapy shampoo another poster mentioned. My uncles don't have thick heads of hair (they're 50-65) but it gave them I'd say 30-40% new hair growth. They took no supplements that I am aware of.

I'd use the saw palmetto on the whole head every night except the 2 nights you dermaroll. Apply the minoxidil on those 2 nights.

edit on 4-8-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by Bachrk because: spelling

Thank you for your tips. Is there any particular type/brand of dermaroller you would recommend me? Is it available only through internet or also in shops? Because I live in Slovakia. I think Saw Palmetto is available here.

Not really, just make sure the needles are surgical steel and don't let others try it. Unsanitary. Sold mainly internet not really in many stores in the US

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

have you been tested for arsenic or heavy metal poisoning?

do you work with/around chemicals?

you sound too young to worry about hair loss.

eta; i assume you are different than your dad and grand fathers hair at your age.

usually you would end up with their hair.

edit on 4-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
Ill give3 you a prescription now:

sex at least 4 times a day, for the rest of your natural, or un-natural existance.

Doesn't sex along with masturbation release hormones (DHT) that cause hair loss? From what I read, over-masturbation causes hair loss as well.

Higher body fat percentage turns testosterone into DHT. One would think loosing a few pounds might help.

Edit: That was from what I thought I read awhile back, but doing a quick google search didn't come up with an obvious answer. Still worth looking into tho.

edit on 4-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hate all the patronising "just shave it"comments.The people that advise that probably look like death warmed up and do not care about appearance.

This is devastating for a lot of men.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

that's true, it is a shock but when you get older, hair is not the first thing to worry about loosing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The trait is genetic, and so is the habit, as in the habit of wearing hats.
Quit wearing ball caps and heat producing hats because I've noticed friends and family members that have worn ball caps are much more bald than their siblings.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Quit wearing ball caps and heat producing hats because I've noticed friends and family members that have worn ball caps are much more bald than their siblings.

Or maybe they wear hats to cover their hairloss?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Alxandro

Or maybe they wear hats to cover their hairloss?

Actually it's more of a domino effect.
Sorry but I've never seen a bald kid.

So how long have you been wearing ball caps?
edit on 4-8-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Accept thy baldness as a gift from god, and remember that you going bald is part of gods mighty plan

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

maybe dye your hair so people won't notice!

www.youtube.com...

also crash test dummies has a nice song about it too.

edit on 5-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Shave, shave, shave. Since I started losing my hair in my mid twenties, I kept it as short as possible. Now for the last twenty years or so, I shave it completely. Do not worry about it. Dress to suit and you will look cool. Trust me, you will be surprised as to how many women love a smooth head.

If I was given the chance to get all my hair back, I would give a resounding NO.
Keep yourself in shape, dress well and you will look as cool as F***.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

ya man, some cool shades a gold earring, armani.

way cool!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If you look good, smell good and have the confidence to carry it, then why worry. Think of all the money you will save on hair products. Spend that money on some good outfits, or take you woman out somewhere classy.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Spencer1989

Do you have any side effects from using propecia or avodart? Both are famous for their bad side effects.
But rogaine extra strength and Ketoconazole shampoo are good. I wonder which of these things had biggest effect on your hair/Scalp and if I could stop hair loss and regrow hair back just with these two. Propecia is big no no for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Oh, I am slim
. I do not worry about that.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think theres alot of different type of reasons for hair loss and as many "solutions"

An healthy diet is always a safe bet.
Fenugreek will help to reduce loosing hair, sold in caplets too.
Worked way better than any type of shampoo or Propecia but its not cheap.

The best solution imo is, control your type of hair loss then, if money is not a problem, do like Wayne Rooney.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

have you been tested for arsenic or heavy metal poisoning?

do you work with/around chemicals?

you sound too young to worry about hair loss.

eta; i assume you are different than your dad and grand fathers hair at your age.

usually you would end up with their hair.

edit on 4-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

The thing is,that both my grandfathers had lot of hair, not full head of hair, but lot of. One grandfather had temples (maybe NW1,5-NW2) and another one NW 0,5-NW1. My dad is maybe on 2A-3A. But all of them started losing hair after 30s. My brother started losing hair at his 24-25's and me? 19.

I have been thinking, my hairline started receiding rapidly 2-3 weeks ago. I heard that couple of months after big trauma something like this might happen, I wonder if this is not my case. I was in huge depression couple of months ago because of certain problems in my life.

Anyways, I visited my doctor today, she'll check if I actually dont have lack or opposite (sry, not sure what is the correct word, english is not my first language) of vitamins. I will go and get myself check if I dont have thyroid problems or hormonal problems

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join